Proposal: PIT - Dumpster Dive for LW

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
How deep are we diving here?

Salomaki was a guy the Avs picked up in the off-season. 150+ NHL games under his belt, but he’d be a 4th liner. He hasn’t gotten into the Avs rotation yet and would probably come dirt cheap.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
His injuries and rumored attitude scares me off. I wouldn’t pay much for him.

Haula has a personality to him, but isn't a bad guy. The injuries i can't speak to. All I know is that he is a versatile player with some skill, who is on a very reasonable contract. He used to be very fast, but now is just above average. Pretty damn good for a "dumpster dive".

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Not interested in a rebound dalliance with Pearson.

Virtanen will end up in Sullivan's doghouse within an hour of being on the ice. He's completely not the type of player the Penguins need.

Roussel is the only appealing one, but I think Hextall/Burke will try to address the hole created by Jason Zucker's injury rather than spend on a premium third line winger like Roussel.

Oh, it won't take a premium!

I think you'll be surprised how reasonable we could be. :sarcasm:

AllAlphas

Apr 29, 2013
How about a 1st line LW on a $750,000 contract who's hot right now and scoring goals in bunches?
His name is Conor Sheary and he just recently bumped Tom Wilson off the top line in Washington...and he's not even a right wing!
The offer is Conor Sheary and...a solemn pinky swear from Tom Wilson that he won't break any more Penguin players for the next 12 regular season games...in exchange for your 1st in 2022. It's not like you guys even use your 1st round picks anyway since it's all about win now right?
Just think...that's probably 2 or 3 less Pens on LTIR over the next two seasons and no need to go out and trade for a Ryan Reaves type player at the deadline.
Just close your eyes and picture Conor Sheary in a Pens uniform...he looks pretty good doesn't he? Almost too good eh?
I know this trade might seem steep to some Pens fans but really you're getting a crazy hot winger from a division foe and taking Tom Wilson off the board for the next couple seasons.
Don't look at it as Conor Sheary for your 1st, but instead ask yourself...how much is peace of mind really worth?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
How about a 1st line LW on a $750,000 contract who's hot right now and scoring goals in bunches?
His name is Conor Sheary and he just recently bumped Tom Wilson off the top line in Washington...and he's not even a right wing!
The offer is Conor Sheary and...a solemn pinky swear from Tom Wilson that he won't break any more Penguin players for the next 12 regular season games...in exchange for your 1st in 2022. It's not like you guys even use your 1st round picks anyway since it's all about win now right?
Just think...that's probably 2 or 3 less Pens on LTIR over the next two seasons and no need to go out and trade for a Ryan Reaves type player at the deadline.
Just close your eyes and picture Conor Sheary in a Pens uniform...he looks pretty good doesn't he? Almost too good eh?
I know this trade might seem steep to some Pens fans but really you're getting a crazy hot winger from a division foe and taking Tom Wilson off the board for the next couple seasons.
Don't look at it as Conor Sheary for your 1st, but instead ask yourself...how much is peace of mind really worth?

Obviously missed the whole “dumpster diving aspect” which is a minor move to get us over the hump.

That being said McCann is back. So likely not as big of a deal.

AllAlphas

Apr 29, 2013
Obviously missed the whole “dumpster diving aspect” which is a minor move to get us over the hump.

That being said McCann is back. So likely not as big of a deal.

Didn't miss it, I just believe dumpster diving is beneath the Pens organization. ;)
Conor Sheary's your man and you'll never miss that 1st rounder...trust me! :D

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013

We have gotten rid of him twice for a reason. No.

Reactions: DRAGO 18

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
Careful now. Being adamant about that carries the risk of you ending up in a fetal position in the shower, crying your eyes out, Crying Game style.

Hexy’s first and only move so far was for a player he drafted.

Didn't give up anything for him. JR would have given up a third rounder probably.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Gusev is the type of player we should be targeting for sure

I'm listening.

Gusev (50% retained) for your 2021 2nd?

I've noticed Dumoulin's name kicked around, which intrigues me.. but I'd need to know more about him, why his stock has fallen.. and we'd have to ditch a guy like Butcher to solve our own logjam first. Probably easier to just do the pick.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Gusev (50% retained) for your 2021 2nd?

I've noticed Dumoulin's name kicked around, which intrigues me.. but I'd need to know more about him, why his stock has fallen.. and we'd have to ditch a guy like Butcher to solve our own logjam first. Probably easier to just do the pick.

I’d do that trade. We have a log jam at LD which is the true crux of the issue. People are down on Dumo because of his age and having a rough start this year, but under normal circumstances (particularly, no expansion draft) we wouldn’t be looking to trade him. I think he’s probably worth more than Pettersson, but that may be up for debate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad