Proposal: PIT - Dumpster Dive for LW

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
"This situation I'm coming into now is certainly different than the one that we took over in LA or in Philadelphia," Hextall said. "I'm not a one-trick pony. I'll work with Burkie to become the best team we can become today. If we can get better this year, we'll try and get better. And if we feel like we're good enough, then we're good enough and we'll go on."

When Hextall explicitly goes out of his way to say that he's not a one-trick pony, and that this situation is different that LA or Philly, what do you take that to mean?

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
You've come to the right place! We have 1st round pick pedigree for sale in Jake Virtanen (typically a RW but I think he's better suited flying up LW anyways), Roussel (gritty and has some skill) and Pearson (you guys know all about him already, but he's a better version of what you guys had so he'll cost a bit more).

Let's start the bidding, shall we?

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
You've come to the right place! We have 1st round pick pedigree for sale in Jake Virtanen (typically a RW but I think he's better suited flying up LW anyways), Roussel (gritty and has some skill) and Pearson (you guys know all about him already, but he's a better version of what you guys had so he'll cost a bit more).

Let's start the bidding, shall we?
Not interested in a rebound dalliance with Pearson.

Virtanen will end up in Sullivan's doghouse within an hour of being on the ice. He's completely not the type of player the Penguins need.

Roussel is the only appealing one, but I think Hextall/Burke will try to address the hole created by Jason Zucker's injury rather than spend on a premium third line winger like Roussel.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Zucker is likely dead given PIT’s injury luck. They need a cheap LW to slot their roster correctly and have nothing internal. Some proposals..

Riikola for Z Smith + retained

Riikola + 5th for Flippula

Jankowski + 5th for Marcus Johansson

Riikola for Sorenson

What works?

sounds like PITT was interested in Dunn from STL a little while ago. wonder if it could be expanded to include Sanford.

Injuries to STL right now might make it hard to pull off tho

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Gusev
Misyul

For

Pettersson
Drozg

No. You're not getting a 24yo top 4 capable dman signed long term to a good contract. for a UFA wing performing averagely and a prospect in Russia.

Maybe Butcher+Gusev @ 50% for Pettersson+Rodrigues or something.

Toronto has one gently used Jimmy Vesey

Would Toronto be interested in a crap for crap trade? Like Vesey for Jankowski?

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Not interested in a rebound dalliance with Pearson.

Virtanen will end up in Sullivan's doghouse within an hour of being on the ice. He's completely not the type of player the Penguins need.

Roussel is the only appealing one, but I think Hextall/Burke will try to address the hole created by Jason Zucker's injury rather than spend on a premium third line winger like Roussel.

Haha re: Pearson he's actually been top-6 quality next to Bo Horvat and a relied upon defensive player. Wouldn't want to give him up anyways :P

Ooh if Roussel is appealing, he's yours for a 3rd.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
He’s as much an NHLer as much as the likes of Sorensen, Smith, and Filpulla
Which Smith? All of them?

It's Givani Smith (not Giovanni), though I caught myself calling him Gio/Giovani til recently. Doubt DET would trade him for a mid-round pick (they paid a lowish 2nd), but there's a slight chance he may end up being ED fodder unfortunately.

Mattavarner

Apr 17, 2014
No. You're not getting a 24yo top 4 capable dman signed long term to a good contract. for a UFA wing performing averagely and a prospect in Russia.

Maybe Butcher+Gusev @ 50% for Pettersson+Rodrigues or something.

Would Toronto be interested in a crap for crap trade? Like Vesey for Jankowski?
If the cap is even, id do it

MVPete96

Nov 12, 2011
Michigan
Zucker is likely dead given PIT’s injury luck. They need a cheap LW to slot their roster correctly and have nothing internal. Some proposals..

Riikola for Z Smith + retained

Riikola + 5th for Flippula

Jankowski + 5th for Marcus Johansson

Riikola for Sorenson

What works?

Bobby Ryan for a second

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Haula might be a good target. Should be cheap, low AAV. He can play both C and wing. NSH would be looking for futures, i would guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad