Proposal: PIT - Dumpster Dive for LW

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
is Lehkonen expendable? Would make sense for Riikola if Montreal still needs a LD. Idk if that value is right.

Riikola isn’t anything special but I could see him being Kempny-ish in the right place.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
OP is on the right track offering a LD, but I don't think Riikola has more than throw in value in a trade. WE know he's good and just needs a shot, but there isn't enough tape on him for another team to give up a useful asset for him. He's more on the level of that Friedman waiver claim we put in. Potentially useful, but not something you'd pay assets for.

Dumoulin or Pettersson for a LW please. Bonus points if somehow that LW is a RHS and can play the half wall on the PP. Our RW depth of Rust, Kapanen, Tanev doesn't contain that skill set.

Reactions: BHD

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Zucker is likely dead given PIT’s injury luck. They need a cheap LW to slot their roster correctly and have nothing internal. Some proposals..

Riikola for Smith + retained

Riikola + 5th for Flippula

Jankowski + 5th for Marcus Johansson

Riikola for Sorenson

What works?

Don't really care much for Jankowski and I think we’re still holding onto some hope for a better pick for Johansson.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Zucker is likely dead given PIT’s injury luck. They need a cheap LW to slot their roster correctly and have nothing internal. Some proposals..

Riikola for Smith + retained

Riikola for Sorenson

What works?
Sharks don’t really need Riikola honestly at all. They have Simek, Vlasic, Ferraro, Knyzhov, and Middleton on the left all of which are at least equivalent except maybe Middleton. Would prefer a 3rd but you don’t have one in 21. What about a conditional 3rd in 22? If Sorensen resigns or Pens win the cup it becomes a 2nd otherwise it’s a 3rd.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
OP is on the right track offering a LD, but I don't think Riikola has more than throw in value in a trade. WE know he's good and just needs a shot, but there isn't enough tape on him for another team to give up a useful asset for him. He's more on the level of that Friedman waiver claim we put in. Potentially useful, but not something you'd pay assets for.

Dumoulin or Pettersson for a LW please. Bonus points if somehow that LW is a RHS and can play the half wall on the PP. Our RW depth of Rust, Kapanen, Tanev doesn't contain that skill set.

Nikita Gusev.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010

Dumolin for Tatar

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

Bobby Ryan.

(Not for either of the guys you listed, something less)

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Nikita Gusev.

I think he'd work wonderfully with Malkin and Rust.

Riikola for Z Smith + retained

Riikola for Sorenson

What works?

What are any of these wingers supposed to do for the Pens that Zucker couldn't?

Malkin needs a smart, skilled offensive winger like Guentzel. None of these wingers are going to sniff that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->