Proposal: PIT - Dumpster Dive for LW

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Anaheim could matchup well here, Henrique (long shot due to contract), Rakell, and Heinen are all available.
I've wanted Rakell for a while. Looks like he's having a down season. True story? We have Dumoulin and Pettersson on the trade block. A bit awkward considering you sent us Pettersson a while back, right?

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I've wanted Rakell for a while. Looks like he's having a down season. True story? We have Dumoulin and Pettersson on the trade block. A bit awkward considering you sent us Pettersson a while back, right?
Rakell’s actually looked better this season than in the past few, only 1 goal on the year but it’s one in 61 shots which isn’t a sustainable shooting percentage. No doubt in my mind he could easily be back to around a 70 point player with Pittsburgh’s centers. Wouldn’t mind taking back a LHD to facilitate a trade, but we’re very deep at the position (probably moreso than any on the team), so we’d need something else of value coming back the other way.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Anaheim could matchup well here, Henrique (long shot due to contract), Rakell, and Heinen are all available.

I'd be super down for Heinen, but I don't know what the fit is for us.

Rakell makes a lot of sense, but again, I don't know what the fit is for us.

I probably would still move Matheson for Henrique too, but I don't think our org would.

I'd also love Silf, but PIT and ANA just seem like bad trade partners. Dumoulin for Rakell or Silf would be what I'd shoot for. And that f***s over ANA for the ED doesn't it?

Last edited:

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Raks is primarily a LW, and has mostly played the position in previous seasons. Him playing RW this season is mostly due to him having good chemistry with Comtois, who is a natural LW.
Thanks. Feels like there should be a match here if he's available.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Not bad value but Dumo is signed to a good deal for 3 years, Tatar is a UFA. Would want some sort of compensation to counter that especially with ED coming up.

If we can make the cap work, sure I'd be down.
Expansion draft is in Tatar's favor, if you like him you can resign him after without wasting a slot, like capitals did with Oshie

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
They have?

"This situation I'm coming into now is certainly different than the one that we took over in LA or in Philadelphia," Hextall said. "I'm not a one-trick pony. I'll work with Burkie to become the best team we can become today. If we can get better this year, we'll try and get better. And if we feel like we're good enough, then we're good enough and we'll go on."

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Noesen sucks though tremendously and isn’t an NHLer.

Well Sorensen sucks too but there seems to be enough interest from the OP to throw another player out to get him. We'd prefer a draft pick but would be understandable if Pittsburgh didn't want to give another one up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad