Pick Two: Nylander and/or Johnsson and/or Kapanen and/or Perhaps Ennis (New Poll)

Pick 2 of the following. Let management worry about the Cap.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Kappy and Marner have become excellent PKers. Kappy does not get enough credit for his play/value on the PK. I would wait to see who shows up against Chara and the Bruins before I made any decisions as to who stays and who goes. I am willing to bet that Kappy will not be not a no-show.
I agree. Trading Kappy would be a huge mistake. He is two years younger then Johnsson and a better player. Seems like a good goal scorer as he is on pace for more goals then Nylander scored playing with Mathews. What the hell is not to like.

If we have another playoffs series of hide and seek from Nylander then the decision is very easy. You trade him as we have Kappy who is a good goal scorer and kills penalties and we can sign him for about 60% of Nylander cap hit. We lose a better passer but if we need a right winger who is a good play maker we have Bracco who can play with Mathews. Bracco is an Elite passer and his pkay this year in the AHL has been great he could also be the quarterback on the second Unit PP.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Wow, I find it funny that a mod changed the poll options. This question is totally different than the one I initially posed when creating this thread.... Why not just close this thread and create another one?

RLF

May 5, 2014
Lol. So a what are we talking about a couple of games as a time frame.

Pure fabrication is what you posted.

Yes, that is cherry picking at it's best. You could do that for many players if you choose their best 10 game or so stretch...including Hyman for instance.

Reactions: ToneDog

RLF

May 5, 2014
Hyman is useful, but he’s a passenger offensively.

Imo a Johnsson -Matthews-Nylander line has the potential to be on of the top in the NHL

I like Hyman where he is but, 32 pts in 58 games and 14pts in the last 20 games with no PP time. That's a passenger?

Reactions: mclaren55

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Wow, I find it funny that a mod changed the poll options. This question is totally different than the one I initially posed when creating this thread.... Why not just close this thread and create another one?

Not funny and not cool.

Reactions: mclaren55

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Nylander needs to be more selfish, and shoot the puck rather than try and find Marleau and Brown open.

With Kadri I can see more opportunity, while Kadri isn't fleet of foot, he'll get open and go to dirty areas.

Could always try:

Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Matthews-Brown *** great line
Kadri-Nylander-Kapanen
Johnsson-Gauthier-Moore

Reactions: Menzinger

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

I could have closed it but we merged another thread into this thread and Poll was stagnant.

We saved the results of the original Poll.

You can compare the results of that poll, with this one which isn't about trading one player or trading two player, but involves those players and Ennis who had discussions about retaining him in other threads.

If you want I can just strip off your section and close it?

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Ennis is likely the odd man out.
He will probably be able to get a better contract than what we'd be prepared to offer.

AJ, Willy and Kappy are most likely staying.

Chose that option.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
It was more than a couple.

And no. Pure fabrication is when you make something up. I didn't make anything up. Didn't even ask you to draw any conclusions from it.
Seriously he has 17 points in in 40 games and at the point were he started to get points until Kadri was injured was 12 games and he had 9 points in those 12 games and your telling me he was leading the League in points per 60 over that time period.

It was his best stretch of games as Kadri is a good player to play with. Let’s hope he can return to this pace as playing with Kadri makes you a little bigger as he is a player who will push back. People who keep clambering to have him play with Mathews should want 3 solid lines going into the playoffs and with Kadri he was starting to produce at a level that we should expect.

I would love to see him return to that level as he has great skills.. My issue with him is his willingness to engage in all aspects of the game. If he is willing to take checks in the playoffs to help us win. I would not trade him for anything but an vast over payment.

If he plays like I described there is no way Boston can beat us with our depth. We could load up two lines and have Kadri line play against their 3rd line with Kappy and still be very hard to beat. The options on forward become endless.

Thanks for the heads up on his production before Kadri got hurt as it shows that he was coming around to levels we expect from him, and I missed it.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I like Hyman where he is but, 32 pts in 58 games and 14pts in the last 20 games with no PP time. That's a passenger?
No that is a very helpful player. He helps on the forecheck and on the cycle and becomes even more important come playoff time as seen last year. Unless we are moving Mathews to left wing there are no better options.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I agree. Trading Kappy would be a huge mistake. He is two years younger then Johnsson and a better player. Seems like a good goal scorer as he is on pace for more goals then Nylander scored playing with Mathews. What the hell is not to like.

If we have another playoffs series of hide and seek from Nylander then the decision is very easy. You trade him as we have Kappy who is a good goal scorer and kills penalties and we can sign him for about 60% of Nylander cap hit. We lose a better passer but if we need a right winger who is a good play maker we have Bracco who can play with Mathews. Bracco is an Elite passer and his pkay this year in the AHL has been great he could also be the quarterback on the second Unit PP.

You aren’t signing Kapanen long term for 60% of Nylander’s salary.

And let’s wait to see if Bracco makes the NHL before penciling him as driving the 2nd PP unit

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
You aren’t signing Kapanen long term for 60% of Nylander’s salary.

And let’s wait to see if Bracco makes the NHL before penciling him as driving the 2nd PP unit
Well 60% of 7.5m is 4.5m which I think would be more then fair. I am saying 7.5m as that is what his salary is average a year minus the amount of his money he lost. It is the reason why this years cap hit is north or 10m. The cap hit after this year is 6.96 or. The above is to avoid a needless debate on his salary.

Bracco makes the NHL and he 100% would be the quaterback on the second PP unit. Watch Bracco and see what he is doing with out nearly as much talent as Johnsson and Kappy has in the past two years in the AHL. He is a gem and he has great vision. PP would be his domain.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I could have closed it but we merged another thread into this thread and Poll was stagnant.

We saved the results of the original Poll.

You can compare the results of that poll, with this one which isn't about trading one player or trading two player, but involves those players and Ennis who had discussions about retaining him in other threads.

If you want I can just strip off your section and close it?

At this point, I don't know what the appropriate course of action is. The poll questions are very different... since this 'new' one has been framed in a way that we shouldn't care about cap hits.

I really don't care all that much, I'm more annoyed at mods taking control of something presumably because they *or a bunch of people) didn't appreciate the first question.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
He’s not doing that without playing alongside ultra skilled linemates.
Ok a better approach. Please tell us who would be better on that line and what can they bring that Hyman does not. Without hurting our other lines.

For me I can not see any other wing we can player on that line that would help more the Hyman does.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Well 60% of 7.5m is 4.5m which I think would be more then fair. I am saying 7.5m as that is what his salary is average a year minus the amount of his money he lost. It is the reason why this years cap hit is north or 10m. The cap hit after this year is 6.96 or. The above is to avoid a needless debate on his salary.

Bracco makes the NHL and he 100% would be the quaterback on the second PP unit. Watch Bracco and see what he is doing with out nearly as much talent as Johnsson and Kappy has in the past two years in the AHL. He is a gem and he has great vision. PP would be his domain.

What you think is fair from Kapanen can be a lot different from what his agent will. If his agent wants to bet on the player (which he absolutely should) there’s zero reason for him to agree to a 4.5 mil aav long term.

I’ve been a big fan of a Bracco since the draft. And it’s a huge mistake to simply presume he can qb an entire pp unit in the NHL before he’s played a single regular NHL game

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
At this point, I don't know what the appropriate course of action is. The poll questions are very different... since this 'new' one has been framed in a way that we shouldn't care about cap hits.

I really don't care all that much, I'm more annoyed at mods taking control of something presumably because they *or a bunch of people) didn't appreciate the first question.
They merged a Nylander thread into here. It was the Nylander thread that posters did not care for. The mod st first moved it into a thread that was closed. Then moved it is to here.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
They merged a Nylander thread into here. It was the Nylander thread that posters did not care for. The mod st first moved it into a thread that was closed. Then moved it is to here.

Whatever the reason is, the question is very different than the one I initially posed... But whatever, whats done is done...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad