Pick Two: Nylander and/or Johnsson and/or Kapanen and/or Perhaps Ennis (New Poll)

Pick 2 of the following. Let management worry about the Cap.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
You aren’t signing Kapanen long term for 60% of Nylander’s salary.

And let’s wait to see if Bracco makes the NHL before penciling him as driving the 2nd PP unit
I was told repeatedly in the Nylander threads that he got his payday for having back to back 60 point seasons. That’s why he made more than a Pastrnak who had a MUCH better final elc season.

Kapanen had NINE points last year, and is on pace for 50-ish points this year. If we’re going to be CONSISTENT, then 60% of Nylanders salary is more than fair.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
What you think is fair from Kapanen can be a lot different from what his agent will. If his agent wants to bet on the player (which he absolutely should) there’s zero reason for him to agree to a 4.5 mil aav long term.

I’ve been a big fan of a Bracco since the draft. And it’s a huge mistake to simply presume he can qb an entire pp unit in the NHL before he’s played a single regular NHL game
Well 4.5m is more then Fair and who said it has to be long term. Maybe a 3 year deal would be agreeable to both parties.

As far as Bracco goes it is called forecasting and it is my opinion which I am fine with as I base my opinions about players based on what I see. The kid gets little to no respect on here which I find funny. He is is much better shape and as he gets stronger his skating speed has increased. His skills is not even open for a debate as it is substantial. The only thing needed would to see if his 5on5 play would hold up. His ability to run a pp is there for all to see. His vision is fantastic as is his passing skills. If he makes the team next year he will play in the second PP unit for sure.

We will have a decision to make and it is a good position to be in. We have lots of right wingers with good to great skill sets.

2022 Stanley Cup

Aug 15, 2015
Mississauga
I was told repeatedly in the Nylander threads that he got his payday for having back to back 60 point seasons. That’s why he made more than a Pastrnak who had a MUCH better final elc season.

Kapanen had NINE points last year, and is on pace for 50-ish points this year. If we’re going to be CONSISTENT, then 60% of Nylanders salary is more than fair.
Our fanbase is too "what have you done for me lately" and don't look at the big picture for the most part. It's kind of brutal that people think that Kapanen will earn so much as well as Johnsson. I mean if I were them I'd sign for cheap this offseason for 1 or 2 years and then cash in once Marleau is off the books. Horton too.

RLF

May 5, 2014
He’s not doing that without playing alongside ultra skilled linemates.

You mean - like how Nylander has struggled to produce without high skilled linemates? Or is that reasoning only ok for WN?

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
You mean - like how Nylander has struggled to produce without high skilled linemates? Or is that reasoning only ok for WN?

Move hyman away from Tavares/Marner or Matthews and he’d probably be a 20-30 point guy.

Hyman is a useful player, and his greatest asset is that he can slot on a top line and not look totally out of place, but let’s not pretend he’s a legitimate top six offensive talent.

RLF

May 5, 2014
Move hyman away from Tavares/Marner or Matthews and he’d probably be a 20-30 point guy.

Hyman is a useful player, and his greatest asset is that he can slot on a top line and not look totally out of place, but let’s not pretend he’s a legitimate top six offensive talent.

Never said he is top 6 "skill".
The point was that pretty much all players will produce better with more talent, that shouldn't be a surprise. Nylander, for as much as some seem to think he can drive a line offensively, has struggled when not with top end talent and he has tons of skill.
Hyman is also our best forward able to win battles in front of the net for rebound chances(Tavares and Marleau to a degree). We are boxed out as a team so easily it is ridiculous. One of the reasons Hyman's lines score is because of the work he does in front of the net. He either creates loose pucks, boxes out a D for his linemates to get it or gets a rebound himself. He may not have top 6 skill, but his play in front of their net is the best on this team and we would benefit from having more guys who are willing to battle like that in our top 6/9.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->