Pick or Playoffs?

Pick or Playoffs?

• Total voters

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Oh if he's not ready then I'm all for letting him continue to marinate, but his tools & game seem like they'll translate well into a 3rd line role were he can adapt to the NHL & contribute, before steadily working his way up. But TC will be pivotal in deciding that...as will how he closes out the year.

Yup. I would like to see him and Bowers play together though. Them having chemistry when they come up to the big team would be a big boon for us and their development.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I didn't say we should rush him. I said he'll get a shot

You specifically said that they can’t be worse than we’ve got.

That means if Martin Kaut can play marginally better than Gabriel Bourque next year, he should play in the NHL.

If Shane Bowers can do one or two things better than Sheldon Dries, put him in the NHL.

This is NONSENSE. Playing 20 minutes a night in key roles in the AHL is miles better for a young player than 10 minutes a night trying to survive in the NHL.. and make no bones about it, that’s what the likes of Bourque and Dries do; try to survive.

How do you not get that?

Reactions: ABasin and cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yup. I would like to see him and Bowers play together though. Them having chemistry when they come up to the big team would be a big boon for us and their development.

I'm all for as many of our kids with NHL talent to get chemistry before coming up, but I'm not too worried about it with those two. If all goes decently well; Kaut should end up a step above Bowers...and as a winger, it's easier for him to move up the lineup. So I dunno how much they'd actually play together in the NHL even if both do make it.

But again, it's not a negative, just not a positive I put too much weight into.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
You specifically said that they can’t be worse than we’ve got.

That means if Martin Kaut can play marginally better than Gabriel Bourque next year, he should play in the NHL.

If Shane Bowers can do one or two things better than Sheldon Dries, put him in the NHL.

This is NONSENSE. Playing 20 minutes a night in key roles in the AHL is miles better for a young player than 10 minutes a night trying to survive in the NHL.. and make no bones about it, that’s what the likes of Bourque and Dries do; try to survive.

How do you not get that?
You're taking a lot of liberty with what I said. "Can't be worse, So he'll get a shot" means he won't have trouble getting in the line up.

He won't be pushing a good player out of his position.

I have no idea how he will do in the NHL, and neither do you.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
You're taking a lot of liberty with what I said. "Can't be worse, So he'll get a shot" means he won't have trouble getting in the line up.

He won't be pushing a good player out of his position.

I have no idea how he will do in the NHL, and neither do you.

We get what you are saying, and we are saying that it’s is a bad justification for rushing him to the NHL if he won’t be ready for a significant role. He may well be ready for ~14 minutes a night + special teams, but if he’s not then he should be in the AHL even if he’s better than fringe-NHLers.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
We get what you are saying, and we are saying that it’s is a bad justification for rushing him to the NHL if he won’t be ready for a significant role.
But I'm not saying we should rush him...and we have no idea how he will play.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I’m getting confused. If you’re not saying what you’ve been saying on the past two pages, what are you saying?
I'm saying there's nothing in the way of him getting a shot at the NHL. There is no one keeping him out of the line up.

We have no idea how he will do.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm saying there's nothing in the way of him getting a shot at the NHL. There is no one keeping him out of the line up.

We have no idea how he will do.

But that should have nothing to do with whether he should be in the NHL next season or not. So unless you're using that to argue that he should be rushed even if he's not ready, then what's your point?

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
But that should have nothing to do with whether he should be in the NHL next season or not. So unless you're using that to argue that he should be rushed even if he's not ready, then what's your point?
Why would I say we should rush him if he's not ready. My entire point is that he's going to get a shot, and we'll see how he does.

Why do you care so much? Neither one of us knows how he will do. He has to play, if we want any idea of how he is.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Why would I say we should rush him if he's not ready. My entire point is that he's going to get a shot, and we'll see how he does.

Why do you care so much? Neither one of us knows how he will do. He has to play, if we want any idea of how he is.

He needs to play if the fanbase wants any idea of how ready he is, but our FO is supposed to be watching him play & practice for the eagles. Granted, you're probably right that the FO has no more clue than does the fanbase...but that's not a good thing...

I care because I've watched this organization rush young talent because "they couldn't be worse than the AHLers in the lineup", before...and that movie gets old after a decade.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
He needs to play if the fanbase wants any idea of how ready he is, but our FO is supposed to be watching him play & practice for the eagles. Granted, you're probably right that the FO has no more clue than does the fanbase...but that's not a good thing...
I didn't say that either. Why do you keep speaking for me and then start arguing with me about it? It's really strange man.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I didn't say that either. Why do you keep speaking for me and then start arguing with me about it? It's really strange man.

Generally, because I'm arguing against the logical conclusions that are to be drawn from your arguments.

...although in that case I was just being a smartass...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad