Phoenix XCV: We Trust Gary Bettman

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrailSwan

Feb 26, 2012
I have lost my home
I would love for the Coyotes to get a chance to prove they can be successful with a new owner. It's what I've wanted all along. But at the risk of a city already facing big financial problems that effect the most important services (police/fire), I can't be for that.

I'm happy for my fellow hockey fans who love their Coyotes. No fan should ever have to go through something like this. But I worry for those who call Glendale their home.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Yotes stay for 5 years, and when they leave, they are on the hook for another 10?

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
What, 1%? Maybe pushing 1.5% if we get them somewhere where they revenue out $100M a year? It's not a big chunk of anything, if it was, it wouldn't continue.

Which is still better than being tens of millions in debt.... :shakehead

Zorbane

Oct 23, 2006
Vancouver
He might as well do this

Angry-Old-Man-Yells-At-Cloud-random-33173915-400-300.jpg

Tramontane Sirocco

Jul 2, 2013
Harrison Mooney ‏@HarrisonMooney 1m
Best moment from the Glendale City Council meeting was the police chief standing up and saying, "The ring came off my pudding can."

take my pen knife my good man
It's unbelievable
Unimpeachable
Indispensable
I can't believe-able
Tramontane's Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000

oh wait... I was supposed to be selling a train... come back in 5, I'll have a song:laugh:
go yotes

JetsFlyHigh

Aug 5, 2012
That is the one positive I guess you could say of all this... Yotes fans swore it was unstable ownership... okay you just got 15 years guaranteed on YOUR dime... that building better be near capacity every night... if it is not... everyone who ever was "silly" enough to tell you 10,000 does not a pro market make will have been proven correct... and you get to lie in that bed... love it, come to think of it... Glendale Yotes fans just put their money where their mouth is... now if only it hadn't already been spent...

On GLENDALE's dime. Including those who aren't even Coyotes fans. :handclap:

I'm gonna quote Bettman when he was in Winnipeg: "This isn't going to work very well, if that building isn't sold out EVERY night."

Put your money where your sorry butt is. :handclap:

SchultzSquared*

Congratulations Coyotes and Coyotes fans. It makes me happy that your team remains in the desert. Stay classless, haters.

Yes, all those classless haters who think you should not want citizens to burn to death instead of watch a hockey game... I mean your state just lost 19 firefighters... great idea to not pony up $200K for gas for firetrucks... and ensure you cannot upgrade emergency services in the future with $11M general fund meant for just that being sucked dry by inevitably Coyotes losses...

I wonder if it will take the whole city being razed by a wildfire for Yotes fans to realize some things are more important than a team most residents have never and will never watch or cheer for...

GK

Not Jeeks
Apr 2, 2010
Banff
The fact that this vote had to happen only says how undeserving that city is in regards to having a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad