May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
WE KIND OF NEED ONE NOW.
1715270905056.jpeg

hockeynjune

Just a soft breeze
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
Svech isn't going anywhere. He's just hitting 14 months out from an ACL tear, and likely other repair from his 2020 knee injury. And he just turned 24 in March.

He will look much better Next Year and be a foundation for this franchise. Even if he never leads the league in scoring, he plays Rod's game now with talent.
Yeah, guess there is , always next year…

Last edited:

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Y’all watched 10 years of this team missing the playoffs every single year, but a team holding a post lockout NHL record for most seasons in a row winning at least one playoff series really is the final straw for you, huh? Oh the humanity, this really really good team hasn’t won a Cup yet.

The badge of honor you all wore for sticking around during the Jamie McBain and Andrej Nestrasil years is staring at you from its unceremonious place in your closet and mocking you like “aww sweetie what is it now, has the butler not been attentive enough in keeping your drink refreshed?”

This fanbase used to be a Cardiac Canes fanbase. In ‘06 my ass didn’t leave the seat in Game 2 against NJD when NJ scored with 20 seconds left, and a bunch of yours didn’t either. Have some swagger for goodness sake. And if you’re lucky enough to be at PNC tomorrow, scream your head off.
That is a good point. But it makes me question my sanity for sticking with them during the 10 years of darkness.

I guess its easier to have loyalty to an underdog than to an uberdog that underperforms.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
That is a good point. But it makes me question my sanity for sticking with them during the 10 years of darkness.

I guess its easier to have loyalty to an underdog than to an uberdog that underperforms.

Expectations are a hell of a thing. “Odds on Cup favorites” doesn’t give a lot of room for overachievement or pleasant surprises.

Reactions: Negan4Coach

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Expectations are a hell of a thing. “Odds on Cup favorites” doesn’t give a lot of room for overachievement or pleasant surprises.
Odds on Cup Favorites on the brink of being swept out of the playoffs in the second round is definitely justification for fans to be a little pissed off. Especially when the franchise is jacking up the price of everything for fans because those expectations are being raised.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Odds on Cup Favorites on the brink of being swept out of the playoffs in the second round is definitely justification for fans to be a little pissed off. Especially when the franchise is jacking up the price of everything for fans because those expectations are being raised.

The Canes were this years trap bet. The books are making a killing off them. They've been the odds favorite in every game in this series, and still are tonight at -156. That's a trap if I've ever seen one. If you bet on NY "the under dog" in every game and rolled it over you're doing pretty well, but the books are still coming out on top. You can be sure of that.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
I felt like last year was the big missed opportunity more so than this season. This year's version comes across like a puzzle with parts that should fit nicely yet doesn't always. Looks good on paper but has a weird vibe. Is it due to coaching, utilization, chemistry, contract chats...not sure.

It sometimes looks like they have performance anxiety to me..not a lot of swagger that other teams seem to have this time of the year. Noticeable, when you see them live.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
I felt like last year was the big missed opportunity more so than this season. This year's version comes across like a puzzle with parts that should fit nicely yet doesn't always. Looks good on paper but has a weird vibe. Is it due to coaching, utilization, chemistry, contract chats...not sure.

It sometimes looks like they have performance anxiety to me..not a lot of swagger that other teams seem to have this time of the year. Noticeable, when you see them live.

It's funny, I've felt like this year is the first one where they legitimately had a realistic chance of winning it all. Last year maybe if they had a healthy Svetch, or maybe even if Patches hadn't gone down a second time, but even if they'd gotten past Fla I'd have been surprised if they'd beaten LV. I still don't get the people that think the Canes window has been open for 4 years. Two and three years ago I thought they outperformed their talent.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Wait, is it the old guy in the video that hit him? I'm confused. That guy looks like he's probably only knocking out a dozen donuts and case of Busch light.
Now that I see the video and see where it was it's probably the result of what I saw starting. Which would be bs since the crowd that started it, very much instigated by some very dunk behavior on both sides, all left pretty quickly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad