Phoenix LXXXVII: Hotel Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donwood

Mar 13, 2011
Winnipeg
That's not a good sign. If there's no meeting notice or a deal being shown before the NHL meeting tomorrow... I think the BoG might pull the plug!

Seems it technically couldn't be posted with only two councillors in favour OR Glendale is telling the NHL, serve is yours Mr. Bettman

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
If i recall, COG Meeting Delay can be 24Hrs for ICE (in case of emergency) but the deal must be public before any vote can be taken...

I believe your correct there. 24hrs is the minimum required so it is possible then that a deal is presented for a vote on the 2nd. CasualFan posted the procedural rules & regulations way back there somewhere & that seems to ring a rather loud bell.... good catch Muf. Seems the freon hasnt caused any damage to the old memory banks huh?. Key Arena Im sure safe as houses... if thats where the Coyotes do wind up if tomorrow the BOG's decide thats it, and Relo is even an option, be it Washington or Quebec.

Acesolid

The Illusive Bettman
Sep 21, 2010
Québec
I'll say no, because they have nowhere to go.

Even if you believe that. They'd at least suspend the franchise (like we've heard).

They have NO LEASE in Glendale for next year! They can't play there!

If they can't sell, it's relocation or suspending the franchise!

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
I believe your correct there. 24hrs is the minimum required so it is possible then that a deal is presented for a vote on the 2nd. CasualFan posted the procedural rules & regulations way back there somewhere & that seems to ring a rather loud bell....

They have to have legitimate cause for calling an emergency session, like an actual emergency that meets certain criteria. So it's 72 hours notice, and if they did it without releasing deal points it'd be subject to legal challenges

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Even if you believe that. They'd at least suspend the franchise (like we've heard).

They have NO LEASE in Glendale for next year! They can't play there!

If they can't sell, it's relocation or suspending the franchise!

And they won't suspend the franchise either.

Donwood

Mar 13, 2011
Winnipeg
pulling-the-plug-on-telecommuting-630x352.jpg

This just in from NHL HQ

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
You don't know that. Seattle might have been born out of necessity with QC promised behind the scenes another team or an expansion team.

It appears that way and so I have to form an opinion on what things appear to be. I hope you're correct but it doesn't appear that way.

Donwood

Mar 13, 2011
Winnipeg
Glendale spokesperson Julie Frisoni: "We will post at the earliest possible time that it is known that a meeting will occur, but not later than 72 hours before the actual meeting itself." tweeted by Morgan

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Glendale spokesperson Julie Frisoni: "We will post at the earliest possible time that it is known that a meeting will occur, but not later than 72 hours before the actual meeting itself." tweeted by Morgan

Haha. She's learned a thing or two from Bettman. Boy that's a lot of words that mean nothing. 72hrs? 72 business hrs? What?

Donwood

Mar 13, 2011
Winnipeg
Haha. She's learned a thing or two from Bettman. Boy that's a lot of words that mean nothing. 72hrs? 72 business hrs? What?

I think it means, we dare the NHL to pull the plug, If they don't by Friday, we may schedule a vote for Tuesday...or not

objectiveposter

Jan 29, 2011
so..with no scheduled meetings for a while..who will be running the arena starting July 1st? will the workers even get paid? I know there isnt anything going on in the arena..but there has to be at least some expenses and people on the payroll....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad