Phoenix LXXXVII: Hotel Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmajeski06

Mar 24, 2010
Cary, NC
Not unless theres a clause whereby they can release inf on the proposed deal in as short a window as 24hrs theres not a vote on the 2nd. But isnt Monday the 1st a holiday in the US anyway? Lonnnnnng weekend yes?... and what are you people doing here? 5 pages in an hour? Turn my back for a few hours, new Moderator taking a scalpel to everyones posts, just, anarchy. Stahp! Slow the eff down already. Whats goin on in Glendale, with the NHL on the eve of the BOG's meetings? :rant:

Nah, 4th of July is celebrated on the actual day, not the Monday before.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Not unless theres a clause whereby they can release inf on the proposed deal in as short a window as 24hrs theres not a vote on the 2nd. But isnt Monday the 1st a holiday in the US anyway? Lonnnnnng weekend yes?... and what are you people doing here? 5 pages in an hour? Turn my back for a few hours, new Moderator taking a scalpel to everyones posts, just, anarchy. Stahp! Slow the eff down already. Whats goin on in Glendale, with the NHL on the eve of the BOG's meetings? :rant:

It doesn't help CoG by posting it after the BoG meetings.

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
Can't follow the procedure needed to get a vote. Someone needs to dig up CF's lengthy 'how the hell does this meeting crap work?' post.
I'm paraphrasing here of course, but I believe it has to do with giving the public 7 days to review the documentation pertaining to the deal, something to do with transparency laws in Arizona.

CF or someone with further knowledge please correct me.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012

stuff happening :sarcasm:

Dado

Ok, so no realistic chance of anything else happening tonight, right?

Time for some back episodes of Dog Whisperer.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I don't understand why a local reporter can't call a council member on the telephone and ask them if they plan to vote on this next week. Is that too forward? Rude? Seems like the kind of thing their constituents might want to know, yes?

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
It doesn't help CoG by posting it after the BoG meetings.

Well, looks like Weiers is calling their Bluff. Lets just see what "stuff" Garys actually holding.

Nah, 4th of July is celebrated on the actual day, not the Monday before.

So you have a Holiday on Thursday, then take Friday off as well I suppose. I like that.... and as I have Dual Citizenship, just the excuse I need to pack it in at noon on Wednesday. Check right out until the following Tuesday. Thankyou Merica. :D

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Not unless theres a clause whereby they can release inf on the proposed deal in as short a window as 24hrs theres not a vote on the 2nd. But isnt Monday the 1st a holiday in the US anyway? Lonnnnnng weekend yes?... and what are you people doing here? 5 pages in an hour? [mod]. Whats goin on in Glendale, with the NHL on the eve of the BOG's meetings? :rant:

Wrong country, quick where is Toronto:laugh:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Well, looks like Weiers is calling their Bluff. Lets just see what "stuff" Garys actually holding.

So you have a Holiday on Thursday, then take Friday off as well I suppose. I like that.... and as I have Dual Citizenship, just the excuse I need to pack it in at noon on Wednesday. Thankyou Merica. :D

I have to work on Friday.

Muf

Jun 6, 2013
If i recall, COG Meeting Delay can be 24Hrs for ICE (in case of emergency) but the deal must be public before any vote can be taken...

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I don't understand why a local reporter can't call a council member on the telephone and ask them if they plan to vote on this next week. Is that too forward? Rude? Seems like the kind of thing their constituents might want to know, yes?

Recess is next week though. If there was gonna be a vote next week it think hey have to schedule it this week.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
Paul Giblin ‏@PaulGiblinAriz 43s
It's 5:30 p.m. in #Glendale. Do you know where know where your notice for a special City Council meeting on the #Coyotes is?

Donwood

Mar 13, 2011
Winnipeg
Paul Giblin ‏@PaulGiblinAriz 1m
#Glendale spokeswoman Julie Frisoni told me a meeting notice may not be posted today after all, creating yet more uncertainty for #Coyotes.

Muf

Jun 6, 2013
@PaulGiblinAriz: #Glendale spokeswoman Julie Frisoni told me a meeting notice may not be posted today after all, creating yet more uncertainty for #Coyotes.

Acesolid

The Illusive Bettman
Sep 21, 2010
Québec
Paul Giblin ‏@PaulGiblinAriz 1m
#Glendale spokeswoman Julie Frisoni told me a meeting notice may not be posted today after all, creating yet more uncertainty for #Coyotes.

That's not a good sign. If there's no meeting notice or a deal being shown before the NHL meeting tomorrow... I think the BoG might pull the plug!

mmajeski06

Mar 24, 2010
Cary, NC
If the BOG doesn't pull the plug, it'll sure be interesting to see how Bettman tries to pass this off as "progress being made"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad