Phoenix LXXXII: "Waive Reading Beyond the Title"

Status
Not open for further replies.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

In rainbow fantasy unicorn land, I'm sure that the NHL would love going to Seattle first over Quebec City.

But, this is reality, and Seattle doesn't have an adequate arena even to use temporarily and this is ridiculously short notice for a team there, whereas QC has a temp place and will almost assuredly sell out a few years' worth of season tickets about as fast as Winnipeg did.

Well said and good points.

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
If KeyArena isn't even close to viable, I shudder to think what you'd call Expo Hall or the Cow Palace

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
If KeyArena isn't even close to viable, I shudder to think what you'd call Expo Hall or the Cow Palace

Cow Palace was a great pro wrestling venue... 40 years ago. But didn't a team play there temporarilly? Sharks early on?

I think Seattle is a long shot. I remember the pictures I saw of Key Arena and it looked BAD for hockey.

Final Baton

Nov 13, 2010
Québec city
In rainbow fantasy unicorn land, I'm sure that the NHL would love going to Seattle first over Quebec City.

But, this is reality, and Seattle doesn't have an adequate arena even to use temporarily and this is ridiculously short notice for a team there, whereas QC has a temp place and will almost assuredly sell out a few years' worth of season tickets about as fast as Winnipeg did.

Very well said

Slashers98

Oct 3, 2008
Quebec City
Stop it with that Seattle non-sense. Lavoie is contradicting himself today as you saw in the article he wrote back in January. He has zero credibility regarding a relocation to Seattle.

He's so biased against the Nordiques, he's making a fool of himself every time he opens his mouth.

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011

Would be one thing if you actually had certainty in Seattle that a new arena was on the way, but they don't. You'd be looking at the prospect of getting stuck in Key Arena forever.

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
All this Seattle and 'looking at all options' is just to keep the frenzy in QC contained. What the Thrashers to Winnipeg reminds us is the NHL wants to control the message and when the time to announce the move to QC comes it will be delivered at that time and not a second sooner.

Most who really follows this saga knows that QC is the only option in short order.

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
All this Seattle and 'looking at all options' is just to keep the frenzy in QC contained. What the Thrashers to Winnipeg reminds us is the NHL wants to control the message and when the time to announce the move to QC comes it will be delivered at that time and not a second sooner.

Most who really follows this saga knows that QC is the only option in short order.

Its reassuring reading long time follower of this saga from outside my fanbase having this overwhelming opinion about Qc this year.

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
BMmXLSdCQAAUkIr.jpg:large

That key Arena not happening!

Donwood

Mar 13, 2011
Winnipeg
Key Arena has taken out its ice-making equipment and cemented over the chilling system in the floor." -Ken Campbell

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
Its reassuring reading long time follower of this saga from outside my fanbase having this overwhelming opinion about Qc this year.

QC is really is the only place that makes. IMO, the league wanted Seattle as the landing spot but as soon as the NBA voted to keep the Kings in Sac, that sealed Seattle's fate short term.

Yes, clearly rooting for the return of the Nords....it's been far too long :)

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
So, Campbell says in his article that the Key Arena has taken out its ice plant and cemented over the chilling system. THEN, he ends the article by saying we shouldn't be surprised to see the Seattle Coyotes skate out in sold out Key Arena next season....

THEY DON`T HAVE A RINK!!!

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
So, Campbell says in his article that the Key Arena has taken out its ice plant and cemented over the chilling system. THEN, he ends the article by saying we shouldn't be surprised to see the Seattle Coyotes skate out in sold out Key Arena next season....

THEY DON`T HAVE A RINK!!!

Usually godd hockey journalist dont stay on Hockey News very long. They are grabbed by serious media organisations.

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
No ice-making equipment AND Hulsizer back in the picture ???!!! ...

lol, Now I know for sure the Coyotes are headed for QC.

Agenda Glasses*

Assuming PHX does move to QC, can you imagine how much more upset Little Gary will be this time? [MOD EDIT]

Last edited by a moderator:

Donwood

Mar 13, 2011
Winnipeg
Sad day for Canadian journalism,

Are they stupid or trying to get favour from Bettman for the future? Either way it's a disgrace.

Slashers98

Oct 3, 2008
Quebec City
Another interesting info:
According to a contractor at the Old Colisee in Quebec City, the Remparts' dressing room has been demolished last week to be upgraded to NHL standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad