Phoenix LXXIX: This is The End, We Hope Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

enarwpg

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
phonioux has a difficult political climate at this moment. The Yehoodis are publicly opposing the Savoy Dynasty and it is feared there could soon be an eruption of violence and instability in the region. Then there is the famine, of course. Yeesh. Not a great time for the NHL to get involved in all of that.

The Yehoodis, are they somehow related to the Hoodads? :confused:

CasualFan

Tortious Beadicus
Nov 27, 2009
Bay Area, CA
We'll have to get the link to the video up as expeditiously as possible for you (probably Thursday)

I don't think I need that honor but if someone spoke about the actual figures from the Glendale Follow Your Money website, I can endorse that.

Killion said:
hyper-sensitive to things like plagiarism n' whatnot?

Things I post on BOH have turned up in the dardenst places :dunno:

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
With a $6M budget for arena management approved, Glendale is forcing RSE to play their game.

It'll be interesting to see if RSE takes the ball and goes home.

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
With a $6M budget for arena management approved, Glendale is forcing RSE to play their game.

Does RSE even have the ball?

The tentative budget may still have 'wiggle' room because it is 'tentative.'

As long as the total amount of the budget isn't exceeded, funds can be shifted from one area to another.

However, that means 'cuts' here for 'increases' there.

With this council, that will not be an easy thing to do, especially after the comments Sherwood made at the end.

Is this the end?

mesamonster

Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ.
... :laugh: dont think so. He passed out into his Gigante' Sized Margarita
glass coupla hours ago. Guess I should check, make sure hasnt drowned.

Still here. had to shut er down after 13,14 cockatoos! shenanigans be damned, the COG gave what they could, nothin more! atta boy Weirsy, now lets see if we can find Beasleys telephone number and ask him a few questions about where the $$$$ went. I bet the beaz spent his on a spot far from the madding Glendale crowd so as to distance himself from the hammer that is about to fall on him courtesy of the elk hunter himself! Night folks talk to you in the next thread!:yo::D

Donwood

Mar 13, 2011
Winnipeg
Does RSE even have the ball?

The tentative budget may still have 'wiggle' room because it is 'tentative.'

As long as the total amount of the budget isn't exceeded, funds can be shifted from one area to another.

However, that means 'cuts' here for 'increases' there.

With this council, that will not be an easy thing to do, especially after the comments Sherwood made at the end.

Is this the end?

I can't see anything close to wiggle room. Plus no attempt was made tonight to try and move some numbers around.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Things I post on BOH have turned up in the dardenst places :dunno:

... well, winding up being read aloud in a COG Council Meeting, thats a first.
You should be flattered... then sued for slander and tortious interference. :rant::rant::rant:

Wingsfan2965*

Dec 30, 2011
Phoenix LXXX: Moving On Up

Well we're movin on up,
To the east side.
To a deluxe apartment in the sky.
Movin on up,
To the east side.
We finally got a piece of the pie.

Fish don't fry in the kitchen;
Beans don't burn on the grill.
Took a whole lotta tryin',
Just to get up that hill.
Now we're up in the big leagues,
Gettin' our turn at bat.
As long as we live, it's you and me baby,
There ain't nothin wrong with that.

Well we're movin on up,
To the east side.
To a deluxe apartment in the sky.
Movin on up,
To the east side.
We finally got a piece of the pie.

mesamonster

Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ.

Wanna bet we never hear a word from the reincarnated clowns again? Gosbee, like the rest of the impostors did his duty and can now take his ball home. GB paid his actors for their bit parts , now all that is left is the Mayor and his minions attempting to piece together his next move on an AM contract with a group that actually has the city`s best interests in mind!

Wingsfan2965*

Dec 30, 2011
Wanna bet we never hear a word from the reincarnated clowns again? Gosbee, like the rest of the impostors did his duty and can now take his ball home. GB paid his actors for their bit parts , now all that is left is the Mayor and his minions attempting to piece together his next move on an AM contract with a group that actually has the city`s best interests in mind!

$10 says they don't even exist!

But seriously... Does this mean that Glendale wont move up from $6M? Or just that they've approved at least that much?

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
I can't see anything close to wiggle room. Plus no attempt was made tonight to try and move some numbers around.

There is 'plenty' of wiggle room, however, they will do all of that, behind the scenes, in their executive session(s) first.

I didn't say it was easy, just that they need to 'cut' somewhere to 'increase' somewhere else - as long as the 'maximum' budget revenues and expenditures are not exceeded by statue.

Is this the end?

Donwood

Mar 13, 2011
Winnipeg

Someone has to get the fat lady to sing, and call this farce over. The clowns may fade away but the NHL needs to act soon.

CasualFan

Tortious Beadicus
Nov 27, 2009
Bay Area, CA
What all the hub-bub is about was whether or not there was going to be a last minute rescinding of the tentative budget (despite an extremely unfavorable timeline to do so). To me, and I only speak for myself, if that were to have occured (despite that timeline) it would have opened the door of speculation that the Council was going to find ways to extract more monies from the budget to allocate to a higher AMF than the $6.5M or even $8M.

It didn't happen.

That's the update I was interested in.

So, the NHL is in for $6MM or out the door. The league gets to put their cards on the felt now. Time to see if there really is an offer from Quebec (or Saskatoon)

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

... well, winding up being read aloud in a COG Council Meeting, thats a first.
You should be flattered... then sued for slander and tortious interference. :rant::rant::rant:

You cannot sue when credit was given. :)

Is this the end?

Killion was just kidding. :)

We all don't agree on much but I think we all agree that CF is one smart/sharp dude.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad