Phoenix LIII: How the GWInch stole Phoenix

Status
Not open for further replies.

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
This is still somewhat confusing for me.

One one hand, why would the 06/12/2012 date have been listed if it was related to the decision last Friday? It says it was requested on 06/08/2012, which was Friday. If I'm interpreting it correctly, it could mean that GWI requested a hearing back on Friday when they first learned COG passed the vote (hence Starlee Rhoades saying they'd be back in court on Monday). So it makes me think it's about something that will happen today.

On the other hand, everything mentioned in the "Note" describes what happened on Friday and why they needed to see Judge Cooper first thing in the morning before COG voted.

On 6/12 (today) the documents were filed regarding the CBS 5 request (in the minutes). That wasn't a hearing today it was results of a hearing Monday filed overnight or this morning.

------------------------------------
Judge Arthur Anderson has been hearing the 2009 case. There is nothing on his calender as of yet for the rest of this week regarding this case. Also nothing on Katherine Cooper's calendar for the rest of this week regarding this case. That can probably change if they schedule something later today for tomorrow, Thursday or Friday but as of now, nothing on either Judge Anderson or Judge Cooper's calendar regarding Goldwater Institute. As someone else said before, this is Anderson's case, Cooper only heard the emergency TRO hearing because he was not available last Friday morning.

(As I understand it, anyway)

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
....a number of our hf members have signed the petition, in support, good for them!. I also noticed little Logan's mom signed it, though alas the family seems to have relo'd to Pittsburgh.

Slashers98

Oct 3, 2008
Quebec City
In 1998, Pedneault was awarded the Elmer Ferguson Memorial Award, an award given annually by the Hockey Hall of Fame to distinguished members of the newspaper profession.
Since 2005, he has been a member of the Hockey Hall of Fame selection committee.

Do you still think he is not a reliable source?

Orpheus

Valar Morgulis
Mar 5, 2007
Montreal, Canada
Since the next thread will be here and inevitably involve court, how about:

Phoenix LIV: You Can't Yandle The Truth!

I kind of liked "Proud Barry" there for awhile, but I feared not enough people would get that joke D:

On topic: With the playoffs over, I guess this becomes the main topic till at least the draft distracts everyone?

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC

I kind of liked "Proud Barry" there for awhile, but I feared not enough people would get that joke D:

On topic: With the playoffs over, I guess this becomes the main topic till at least the draft distracts everyone?
I'm still partial to 'egg management fee.'

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com

Phoenix LIV: Double tap rule for the zombie team!

Material Defender

Mar 22, 2011

I'd go with:
Phoenix LIV: E and LET DIE​

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
In 1998, Pedneault was awarded the Elmer Ferguson Memorial Award, an award given annually by the Hockey Hall of Fame to distinguished members of the newspaper profession.
Since 2005, he has been a member of the Hockey Hall of Fame selection committee.

Do you still think he is not a reliable source?

I did some research on this guy and he seems well connected in the NHL.

JMT21

I Give A Dam!
Aug 8, 2011
In My House
found this...... not sure if source if worth anything.

From NHLWIKI on Twitter : #NHL *News*--Sources tell Andy Strickland that Greg Jamison still needs close to $100M to buy the #Coyotes and may borrow from the NHL.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
The NHL entry draft is in 10 days, will this fiasco end before that or will the NHL look inept as ever with the league still owning the team through yet another draft year.

I think it's about time the NHL BOG told Bettman to *#@* *ff already and move the team!

TJinAZ

Aug 27, 2004
So what time is the hearing today?

All the reliable sources say there is a hearing today.

"Breaking news!....." hearing is when again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad