Phoenix LIII: How the GWInch stole Phoenix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryogenic Man

Mar 6, 2012
This whole thing with Pedneault is eerily similar to the situation with Brunt last year. Both are employees of perspective owners. Both are people who could easily be given the information that they had reported directly from their boss or someone else in upper management.

Happy to see that GWI is moving forward today. Perhaps they were holding off until after the finals were complete. This means the focus of the NHL is solely on the situation in Glendale. The public is watching, and time is running out.

What does doaner have to say now?

Oh he'll be around and he'll find something to say. It's still early in AZ.

As long as he's not busy trying to destroy Shoalts latest piece on a blog somewhere! :laugh:

Good for GWI. It get's interesting now.

CasualFan

Tortious Beadicus
Nov 27, 2009
Bay Area, CA

I like Sam the Service Dog. I might join that Twitter thing just to get updates.

(Also, FYI, they're not reading the docket correctly. That entry is not for a hearing scheduled today. It's a release so "CBS 5" can show video from the hearing on Friday. I'm done trying to explain basic things to this forum. The Mega Thread has nothing to do with BOH anymore, it's just a wasteland.)

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
This whole thing with Pedneault is eerily similar to the situation with Brunt last year. Both are employees of prospective owners. Both are people who could easily be given the information that they had reported directly from their boss or someone else in upper management.

Happy to see that GWI is moving forward today. Perhaps they were holding off until after the finals were complete. This means the focus of the NHL is solely on the situation in Glendale. The public is watching, and time is running out.

What does doaner have to say now?
I'm here big boy. What's up? I have not seen anything from the website provided that says its the COG vs GWI. So...

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I'm here big boy. What's up? I have not seen anything from the website provided that says its the COG vs GWI. So...

I don't think that anything new has been scheduled in the COG vs. GWI, doaner. You haven't missed anything.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
I like Sam the Service Dog. I might join that Twitter thing just to get updates.

(Also, FYI, they're not reading the docket correctly. That entry is not for a hearing scheduled today. It's a release so "CBS 5" can show video from the hearing on Friday. I'm done trying to explain basic things to this forum. The Mega Thread has nothing to do with BOH anymore, it's just a wasteland.)

Don't give up CF, your posts are always pertinent and educational to many of us here, I being the first.

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine
La requête sera entendu à 10:15 (heure de Phoenix) a la Cour Supérieure du comté de Maricopa. 13:15 heure du Québec.

Translation: The request will be heard at 10:15 AM (Phoenix time) at the Superior Court of Maricopa County. 1:15 p.m. Quebec time.

Hmm????

Twitter

Cryogenic Man

Mar 6, 2012

Although you might know much better, I thought Katherine Cooper was the judge last Friday? why does it say Judge Arthur Anderson?

I gather you mean video from last Friday correct?

Cryogenic Man

Mar 6, 2012
Judge Arthur Anderson wasn't available last Friday so Cooper took his place.

I understand that. What i'm trying to ask is how do the common folk get the information about it being a request for CBS 5 to broadcast a hearing when nowhere does that information seem available?

CrazyMonkey1208

Apr 9, 2012
Lots of confusion now, so is GWI moving foward today or not? What's the word on the turd, is Jamison buying it or will Bettman pull the plug? :shakehead

Last edited by a moderator:

Whileee

May 29, 2010

CasualFan

Tortious Beadicus
Nov 27, 2009
Bay Area, CA
@mariowroy

@FAN590 BREAKING!!!! NEWS: Enter case number CV2009-020757. JUNE 12 is now there. # GWI ‪#Coyotes‬ http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/CivilCo …â€

Oh brother. See, I knew it, they should have just asked Dado for a ride to McCourt drive-thru and ordered a #3 Hearing and Injunction, with curly fries and a Dr. Pepper. They could have already crapped and been off the pot by now.

CrazyMonkey1208

Apr 9, 2012

Lux Aurumque*

The minute entries for June 12 relate to a ruling on a request by "CBS 5" to show video from a hearing. I don't see anything on the schedule for new hearings in this case.

It specifically says that an order has been signed, as well as something about a hearing. This has nothing to do with last Friday.

Cryogenic Man

Mar 6, 2012
Oh brother. See, I knew it, they should have just asked Dado for a ride to McCourt drive-thru and ordered a #3 Hearing and Injunction, with curly fries and a Dr. Pepper. They could have already crapped and been off the pot by now.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Somebody stop that man!

aqib

Feb 13, 2012
Well Mesa was close to bankruptcy just a few years ago (ie worse off than Glendale is now). The citizens voted down having the Cardinals stadium built there even though it wouldn't have cost them anything.

But the Cubs are a very important asset to them because....

--- they have a large number of transplants living there year-round, plus snowbirds, who originated from in and near Chicago.

--- the Cubs have one of the largest fan bases in the country (next to the Yankees and Red Sox.) who travel.

So it explains in part why the Cubs draw well, and why Mesa was willing to spend like it did to keep them.

It was just a sarcastic comment. Although I did find it funny last season that when the Blackhawks happened to be in town during spring training it was like a Blackhawks home game.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
There is currently a petition asking Goldwater to leave the Coyotes and the City of Glendale alone :help:
http://www.change.org/petitions/gol...?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=share_petition

Only 220 signatures in more than 12 hours... Enough said.

Maybe they should have had Matthew Hulsizer proof-read the petition... :sarcasm:

Greetings,

I just signed the following petition addressed to: Goldwater Institute.

----------------
Goldwater Institue please stand aside from this issue and allow our elected officals to govern. They know what is best for the City of Glendale and do not need an unethical watch dog organization to harass them with the threat of lawsuits. You claim to be a non-profit and for the people, but you work along side lobbyiest such as Arizona Free Enterprise Club (http://nebulousverbosity.com/?p=799). You also have multiple conflict of interest within your organization such as:

AFEC founding members Randy Kendrick and Eric Crown are currently board members of Goldwater Institute.

Randy Kendrick was the director of AFEC and Mrs. Kendrick is also the wife of Diamondbacks Ken Kendrick.

Former Coyotes owner Jerry Moyes is a limited partner in the Diamondbacks.

Do the right thing. Step aside.

----------------

Sincerely,

[Your name]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad