Acesolid

The Illusive Bettman
Sep 21, 2010
Québec
So there isn't a hearing scheduled today? I'm confused :help:

There is!

6/12/2012 005 - ME: Hearing 6/12/2012
6/12/2012 022 - ME: Order Signed 6/12/2012

There will be one today in a little more then 2 hours. It's a fact. It's on the Superior court website.
MOD

Last edited by a moderator:

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
So there isn't a hearing scheduled today? I'm confused :help:

I'm a bit confused as well but from what I understand the GWI has put the wheels in motion. Someone mentioned June 12, not sure if that is the hearing date or what.

Yeah, what he said^

BigBadBread

Shi Shi Shawww
Dec 4, 2006
Might Anson Carter be one of GJ mystery investors?

Anson Carter involved with Ownership Group?

Sources confirm former NHL player Anson carter is involved with a group looking to land an NHL team. Exactly which team he’s interested in being involved with is
foggy. Some believe it’s the Coyotes although there’s been no confirmation. Once
you sign nondisclosure agreements it can be tough to get information but it won’t
be long before we find out. Sources say Carter, an Atlanta resident, was also involved in a group trying to keep theThrashers in Atlanta before the team moved to Winnipeg.

Carter is a good guy with a great vision on how the game should be marketed. He’d certainly provide a fresh perspective on how to promote the sport. This is something the NHL has lacked for years and it’s time for the game to showcase some personality. Too many teams are afraid to be original in their thinking.

http://www.truehockey.com/articles/NHL-Off-Season-Underway

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
Might Anson Carter be one of GJ mystery investors?

http://www.truehockey.com/articles/NHL-Off-Season-Underway

I don't believe it. Then again, I never believed the rumors that he was ever in serious contention to purchase the Thrashers last year. I know he's made some money in side ventures, but he's basically the same thing as Jamison - a public figure who doesn't have enough money and will therefore require investors.

In any case, he might have been interested in Atlanta because it's where he lives. What's his motivation for Phoenix? Someone could start a rumor that Hulsizer and the IEH gang are secretly Jamison's investors and it would make more sense than Anson Carter.

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario

Ooooh... the death knell - last time Anson's name came up a potential savior, the team moved in a week... that aint good for the Yotes.

I don't believe it. Then again, I never believed the rumors that he was ever in serious contention to purchase the Thrashers last year. I know he's made some money in side ventures, but he's basically the same thing as Jamison - a public figure who doesn't have enough money and will therefore require investors.

In any case, he might have been interested in Atlanta because it's where he lives. What's his motivation for Phoenix? Someone could start a rumor that Hulsizer and the IEH gang are secretly Jamison's investors and it would make more sense than Anson Carter.

Don't forget Balsille & Bruckheimer.... Ooh and prolly Gretzky, so he can get his money back ala Lemieux/pens....

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
There will be a court date on June 12 and it will the first of many. So yes there is a court date today, one of many.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
Where did Anson Carter get enough money to even be a small investor in an NHL team? It certainly wasn't from his playing career.

He apparently founded an entertainment label ('Big Up Entertainment') shortly after his retirement.

It would appear that Big Up Entertainment hasn't even maintained a functional website. Read into that what you will.

Jason Allison and Randy Robitaille decided to go halfers on a frozen yogurt shop, otherwise they so would have been in with Anson on buying the Coyotes.

:laugh:

Killion

Feb 19, 2010

... anythings possible in this situation WJG. Jamison, obviously having some difficulty in securing investors may have put together a coalition of people & groups with investments ranging from $25M on up, Carter fronting one of that ilk, IEH possibly another. Hulsizer I cant see, but really, who knows?. This is all just beyond bizarre. I defy anyone to even try & make stuff up like this. Clark was quoted just yesterday that the reason the city didnt release the Exhibits pertaining to arena costs, who pays for what, what kind of performance requirements Jamisons agreed to etc wont be released until post sale as doing so now would jeopardize it, his ability to secure investors. I mean really, that is just insane.

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
Case Information
Case Number: CV2009-020757 Judge: Anderson, Arthur
File Date: 6/26/2009 Location: Downtown
Case Type: Civil
Party Information
Party Name Relationship Sex Attorney
Goldwater Institute Plaintiff Carrie Sitren
City Of Glendale Defendant Nicholas Dipiazza
Pam Hanna Defendant Female Nicholas Dipiazza
Case Documents
Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
6/12/2012 005 - ME: Hearing 6/12/2012
6/12/2012 022 - ME: Order Signed 6/12/2012
6/8/2012 REQ - Request 6/8/2012
NOTE: EMERGENCY REQUEST FOR TEMPORARY RESTRAINING ORDER TO STOP ACTION SCHEDULED TO OCCUR AT 10:15 AM

This is still somewhat confusing for me.

One one hand, why would the 06/12/2012 date have been listed if it was related to the decision last Friday? It says it was requested on 06/08/2012, which was Friday. If I'm interpreting it correctly, it could mean that GWI requested a hearing back on Friday when they first learned COG passed the vote (hence Starlee Rhoades saying they'd be back in court on Monday). So it makes me think it's about something that will happen today.

On the other hand, everything mentioned in the "Note" describes what happened on Friday and why they needed to see Judge Cooper first thing in the morning before COG voted.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG

One one hand, why would the 06/12/2012 date have been listed if it was related to the decision last Friday? It says it was requested on 06/08/2012, which was Friday. If I'm interpreting it correctly, it could mean that GWI requested a hearing back on Friday when they first learned COG passed the vote (hence Starlee Rhoades saying they'd be back in court on Monday). So it makes me think it's about something that will happen today.

On the other hand, everything mentioned in the "Note" describes what happened on Friday and why they needed to see Judge Cooper first thing in the morning before COG voted.

My guess, based on my court experience in Canada, is that they are just formalizing the form of Order from last Friday. What will happen is the judge gives his oral decision. The lawyers then go and put it into writing, then bring it back to the judge for his/her signature.

But that's really just a guess.

CoyotesinAZ

Mar 18, 2011

Yeah, looks pretty ambiguous to me........Breaking News article from up north coming in 3, 2, 1,......................:naughty:

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Can Gary loan GJ money without the BOG aggreement?

...ah, no, absolutely not. In fact if one club or BOG lends money to another even privately its got to be reported. Craig Leipold & AEG both lent money to Del Biaggio without Bettmans knowledge when he was trying to buy the Predators & move them to KC. An absolute no no obviously that came back to haunt & embarrass them both rather badly.

One other interesting note on that; it was Greg Jamison who approached Del Biaggio way back when when he was seeking minority owners for the Sharks, GJ familiar with Boots' father, the families banking interests & his success with Sand Hill (which turned out to be another nightmare). He secured Del Biaggio's minority interest, lending Boots the sheen of respectability that allowed him to gain access to the leagues power brokers & moneyed men in the first place. Del Biaggios scheme modeled after the Sharks operations. A completely corrupt version thereof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad