Phoenix LIII: How the GWInch stole Phoenix

Status
Not open for further replies.

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
found this...... not sure if source if worth anything.

From NHLWIKI on Twitter : #NHL *News*--Sources tell Andy Strickland that Greg Jamison still needs close to $100M to buy the #Coyotes and may borrow from the NHL.

But they can only loan him 50% of the funds. So he's still close to $15mil out if he's $100mil shy of $170mil...if my math is correct.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
But they can only loan him 50% of the funds. So he's still close to $15mil out if he's $100mil shy of $170mil...if my math is correct.

If the NHL loans him money, then they are not seeing that money back ever.

CoyotesinAZ

Mar 18, 2011
They 1000 in 4 hours;)

Fortunately, this isn't a bring back the Yotes Petition. It is a "bully go away" petition.
Since most in Phoenix consider the "watchdog" irrelevant, it's ho hum and more for personal satisfaction than anything. Unless you actually think a petition will actually make GWI hop off the publicity train...:shakehead

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

Let's call this what it will be then, the NHL still owns the Coyotes with Jamison now running the franchise for them with Glendale footing the bill. F me.:shakehead

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
The NHL entry draft is in 10 days, will this fiasco end before that or will the NHL look inept as ever with the league still owning the team through yet another draft year.

I think it's about time the NHL BOG told Bettman to *#@* *ff already and move the team!

No ****, does BOG have no power over Bettman.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Let's call this what it will be then, the NHL still owns the Coyotes with Jamison now running the franchise for them with Glendale footing the bill. F me.:shakehead

This is exactly what we are looking at. The NHL as majority owners of the team and GJ arena manager. :laugh:

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Will he not also need a hundred million dollars for cash calls in the next 5 years.

I did not even think about that, that nearly 200 million that they will never see back, owners don't like losing money(and they already losing lots) BOG may not agree to this.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
A bit before the 3 minute mark. Sorry but it in French Yvon Pedneault say Jamison only got 50 millions claim to get that from somebody running for Governor of Arizona.
http://tvasports.ca/video/1684683043001

So Yvon Pedneault and sources out of Quebec were right. Strickland is saying the same thing. Pedneault got this news from some one really high in Quebecor or someone really high in the NHL.

Nov 24, 2006
Phoenix LIV: It's the Lease of Our Worries

Phoenix LIV: This Will Never End

Phoenix LIV: Judgement at Glendale

Phoenix LIV: A Dingo Stole My Hockey Team!

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
found this...... not sure if source if worth anything.

From NHLWIKI on Twitter : #NHL *News*--Sources tell Andy Strickland that Greg Jamison still needs close to $100M to buy the #Coyotes and may borrow from the NHL.

Sources out of Quebec were right.

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
I have no idea if "NHLwiki" is reliable, but Andy Strickland is pretty reliable. However, as far as I can tell, he didn't tweet or report it himself anywhere.

Edit - never mind, found it:

NHL Off-Season Underway
Andy Strickland

Rink Rats!

There’s still work to be done by Greg Jamison who is looking to purchase the Phoenix Coyotes. The city recently approved a taxpayer-funded deal to keep the team playing in Glendale for the next 20 years. Sources say Jamison still needs to show he has the money and is likely facing a late June deadline. Word is he’ll probably need $85 Million in cash plus another $20 mill in working capital. The overall total will likely be close to $170 million with the rest being borrowed. My sources say he might have to borrow the rest of the money from the NHL as he could have trouble finding a bank to loan the cash.

http://www.truehockey.com/articles/NHL-Off-Season-Underway

Cryogenic Man

Mar 6, 2012
Source? :)

Rumors abound. I wouldn't take anything said 3rd hand on twitter as fact.

3rd hand? sorry, but Andy strickland is up there as far as credibility is concerned.

Yvon Pedneault on the other hand said he got his info from a republican state candidate from Arizona.

CoyotesinAZ

Mar 18, 2011
Phoenix LIV: It's the Lease of Our Worries

Phoenix LIV: This Will Never End

Phoenix LIV: Judgement at Glendale

Phoenix LIV: A Dingo Stole My Hockey Team!

Phoenix LIV: A cup for Glendale, left over cupcakes for Canadians
Phoenix LIV: Bring on the CUP(cakes) for Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad