Phoenix CXXXVI - Coyotes up for sale again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
Sarver leaves, All of a sudden there is an arena in downtown Phoenix without an anchor tenant.

I'd feel a ot better about investing in that situation then a perpetual stalemate in Glendale.

The Coyotes would not necessarily control/manage the arena nor all said revenue streams, either...

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Sarver leaves, All of a sudden there is an arena in downtown Phoenix without an anchor tenant.

I'd feel a ot better about investing in that situation then a perpetual stalemate in Glendale.

Unfortunately to make TSRA viable for hockey it would cost almost double of what’s being proposed now. Because it would require one end being completely torn out. Can’t see CoP going for that.

Suns are not going to leave anyway. Something will get worked out.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Unfortunately to make TSRA viable for hockey it would cost almost double of what’s being proposed now. Because it would require one end being completely torn out. Can’t see CoP going for that.

Suns are not going to leave anyway. Something will get worked out.

I'm trying to be positive, dammit :laugh:

razor ray

May 8, 2011
Suns and DBacks almost never sell-out games and they have stadiums downtown. It’s a Phoenix problem. You then stick the Yotes in far west Glendale which has killed the teams chances.

If your the NHL your watching Vegas going gangbusters a 4 hour drive away and I would imagine the NHL says enough is enough. Houston should get a chance if they want it. It’s not from lack of effort from the Yotes organization but its just not working in an oversaturated market.

NCAA, NFL, NBA, MLB, Spring Training, NASCAR, PGA, LPGA, Senior PGA. Etc.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Suns and DBacks almost never sell-out games and they have stadiums downtown. It’s a Phoenix problem. You then stick the Yotes in far west Glendale which has killed the teams chances.

If your the NHL your watching Vegas going gangbusters a 4 hour drive away and I would imagine the NHL says enough is enough. Houston should get a chance if they want it. It’s not from lack of effort from the Yotes organization but its just not working in an oversaturated market.

Suns definitely sold games out when they were good. Relax.

mesamonster

Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ.
Watching the Coyotes tonight is reminiscent of so many years gone by, so much hope for the on ice product and yet again a lack of talent because of AB's inability to fund a major league roster! What does the league really intend to do with this pariah? Stay in the PHX metro and the results will remain the same. Honestly, this is a business in AZ. That will never,ever make a dime. When will GB recognize that his inflated franchise values are the reason this franchise is doomed for good. Nobody in their right mind would bother with a relocation or another attempt at finding prosperity in the desert. The economics simply do not add up.

Reactions: Slashers98

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona

It's not oversaturation. Other markets have multiple options too. The problem here is non-natives with other loyalties. I won't make the same sacrifices to watch AZ teams as I would Detroit teams. I also won't attend games in AZ that conflict with Detroit teams. On top of that I leave work at peak traffic time so I am not sitting in a parking lot to cross the valley to see the Coyotes on a weeknight.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

Edit: There’s a photo attachment to the tweet with the statement but it didn’t transfer over. Not able to grab it atm from my phone.

Glacial

Jan 8, 2013
... Yep. Basically right before the traditional holiday break. Thursday this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad