Phoenix Coyotes Lounge VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
He was 21 when he switched over his money. Most people don't expect their own parents to take advantage of them like that.
This. While I agree with ck26's point that it's pretty easy stuff to manage, you really shouldn't have to worry about your parents pulling **** like this, luckily most of us don't. And lucky for him he's still making millions and should be able to easily recover financially but emotionally, man I feel for the dude, this is going to leave some scars.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
By all accounts JJ was one of the catalysts in CBJ turning it around... unlike Carter who sulked when he was traded there it ws reported that JJ was one of the leaders, always putting in maximum work. He just wants to win, lots of respect for guys like that and a shame about his parents... apparently the same thing happened to Brule.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
He was 21 when he switched over his money. Most people don't expect their own parents to take advantage of them like that.

This. While I agree with ck26's point that it's pretty easy stuff to manage, you really shouldn't have to worry about your parents pulling **** like this, luckily most of us don't. And lucky for him he's still making millions and should be able to easily recover financially but emotionally, man I feel for the dude, this is going to leave some scars.

Not unlike another former Coyote, Gilbert Brule.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/07/17/nhl-notebook-brule-blames-father-for-demise

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Tonight in an adult league game I had to kick out two players for fighting. As soon as we get them off the ice, they go after each other in the hallway. :facepalm:

Enjoy your match penalties for that, guys... on top of the game misconducts for fighting :shakehead

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Here's a laugh from my rec game today. Scramble in front of our net and just as I get my stick on the puck major slash halfway up my stick breaking it. I'm pissed that I'm out a hundred bucks when I notice no penalty call. Now losing it I skate over to ref and say "how is that not a penalty" loudly. He says and I'm not joking "You want me to put your D partner in the box" I literally started laughing.
Tonight in an adult league game I had to kick out two players for fighting. As soon as we get them off the ice, they go after each other in the hallway. :facepalm:

Enjoy your match penalties for that, guys... on top of the game misconducts for fighting :shakehead

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Funny

B3LfJreIQAA6btc.jpg

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Here's a laugh from my rec game today. Scramble in front of our net and just as I get my stick on the puck major slash halfway up my stick breaking it. I'm pissed that I'm out a hundred bucks when I notice no penalty call. Now losing it I skate over to ref and say "how is that not a penalty" loudly. He says and I'm not joking "You want me to put your D partner in the box" I literally started laughing.

Ouch, that sucks. I won't lie, I often miss stuff in front of the net during scrambles because a lot of what I have to focus on if I'm on the goal line (and in the 2-official system since that's all they give to rec league) is whether the puck is loose or not. I'm sure I've missed dozens of calls because what I'm mainly looking for is whether the goalie has covered the puck or not. That said, if there are that many bodies in front of the net, I might see a stick whack and even some guy's stick break, but it might actually be hard to tell from my view who actually did it. If I don't know for sure who did it, I can't call anything.

On the other hand, if that's kind of my default response if players ask me why there's no call. Sometimes I did see what happened, and will relay why I didn't think it warranted a penalty (today someone called for a hooking penalty, I explained that I saw the heel of the stick blade contact the glove, but the blade was perpendicular to the ice and there wasn't enough of a "whacking" motion to warrant a slashing penalty either), but a lot of the time, I have to just say, hey, sorry, I didn't see it. I'll usually follow up with something like, "If it did happen, I apologize for missing it and I wish I could see everything, but I did not see that happen."

Semi off topic, you don't happen to play in Scottsdale D league do you? Because I did all 3 of their games today. :P

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I don't. I'm presently still in Canada. I think I might look to join an AZ league next winter if I can find a team to take on a part time player.

AZ 4th Liner

Nov 5, 2014

Haha. That is funny. I can see that same thing happening on my league as well. So it it true that all D leagues are the same. Lol

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Fury: 7/10
Big Hero 6: 6/10
Interstellar: 9/10
Nightcrawler: 7/10

Interstellar finds itself among my favorite movies now. Loved it.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Do not delay Interstellar, or at least see it before it switches over to the Hobbit. Go down to Arizona Mills, pay for the expensive 70mm real IMAX (only one in Phoenix) ticket, and enjoy. While you're sitting there potentially having your mind blown, remember that not a single green screen was used in the entire movie. Just one of those things where you have to go and see it as the director intended.

Interstellar finds itself among my favorite movies now. Loved it.

I thought the beginning dragged just a bit, but once the show gets going, it really goes.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
To add to XX's suggestion, make sure you go early enough to get a decent seats. I got there a little later than intended and ended up in the third row and on the far left, not a great viewing situation for IMAX or any theater for that matter. I did end up seeing it again with great seats (only IMAX 4K but good enough) and honestly IMO it's actually better the second time around. You pick up on sooooo much you missed the first time plus presumably you'd had some time to chew on the concepts a bit so you understand more the second time.

That said I still don't quite get time dilation. I mean yeah I get it as in I could answer a test question correctly but I don't get it get it if you know what I mean.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Debating on whether to see Nightcrawler or Interstellar this weekend while everyone is black friday shopping. I reallly had my eyes set on Nightcrawler but i'm hearing everyone say that interstellar is the bee's knees. Survey says?

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Considering Interstellar is a Christopher Nolan flick, I would expect to go in not being disappointed. I've liked everything he touches. The Prestige is still one of my favorite movies.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Debating on whether to see Nightcrawler or Interstellar this weekend while everyone is black friday shopping. I reallly had my eyes set on Nightcrawler but i'm hearing everyone say that interstellar is the bee's knees. Survey says?
I'm going to see Interstellar during the day and going to the Mursday/Ces Cru show in Tempe Friday night. :handclap:

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I saw both and you can't go wrong either way but yeah, if I had to choose I'd go with Interstellar.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. For those who are Turkey challenged, NYTimes has a "simple turkey" with a dry brine that works out great every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad