Phoenix Coyotes Lounge VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
Another thing to note, is that the west controls the safest cities, while the east controls the unsafest cities. I know that population and such is more out east than it is out west, but what are the other factors that leads to this? I'm not trying to bring politics into this, but it's just an interesting tidbit.

As much as people slam California for their high taxes and such, it's funny that they make the list with multiple cities as the safest. Texas doesn't surprise me. I visited Texas where my sister lives on halloween, it was just a much different vibe there than it is here in AZ when I grew up.

Everyone knew each other in the neighborhood, etc. The backyards, all the fences are only 4 feet, and there is a walking path between the fences. So you can basically see down about 5 houses from yours if you are standing in the backyard. It's pretty interesting, where as where I grew up there would be a brick wall or wooden fence, so if you were in the backyard you wouldn't see anyone else. So it's easy to be out back and see your next door neighbors and say hi to them and spark up a conversation.

Just a conjecture but it is probably economic factors. Generally the less poverty = less crime. I think West income per capita is pretty similar to East but the East probably has a much greater range (more extreme rich vs poor gap)

Why western cities have less extreme poverty is beyond me

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/worst-deadbeat-dad-675432

NOVEMBER 14--The Tennessee deadbeat who has fathered 26 children with 20 different women has again been ordered by a judge to make child support payments, this time for a two-year-old Arkansas boy, court records show.

Terry Turnage, a 50-year-old Memphis resident, was ordered this month to pay $60 per week to Miesha Davis, mother of the pair’s son Ja’Voin. The support order came as a result of a paternity complaint filed on Davis’s behalf by Arkansas’s Office of Child Support Enforcement.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Just a conjecture but it is probably economic factors. Generally the less poverty = less crime. I think West income per capita is pretty similar to East but the East probably has a much greater range (more extreme rich vs poor gap)

Probably because of more job opportunities in the western half of the USA. Also, I'm sure more and more people would rather live as close to the west coast as possible than the east coast.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Probably because of more job opportunities in the western half of the USA. Also, I'm sure more and more people would rather live as close to the west coast as possible than the east coast.

What is your reasoning behind wanting to live on the west coast more than the east coast?

KG

Sep 23, 2010
What is your reasoning behind wanting to live on the west coast more than the east coast?

Less traffic, warmer, less crime, better politics, more opportunity, far cheaper cost of living.

My career is most likely going to take me to the East Coast, but I sure as hell don't want to raise a family there.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
xWLywyx.gif

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Couple amusing quips between me and a coach during and after one of my games today:

Coach: "You don't suck as much as the other guy."
Me: "Uh, thanks?"

Coach: "How long have you been reffing?"
Me: "Longer than you."

huhwhtfkr

Aug 21, 2010

population densities would be the first thing that comes to mind. pop densities effect everything from the ground up. just my$0.02

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
My thought was that in the west there is lots of growth and construction and with that brings lots of jobs for men. Employed men commit almost no crime when compared to unemployed men.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
If only you would have answered question 2 by looking at clock and reciting time played. I ref soccer at a fairly high level and wish I had been ready for some of the stupid chirps I have received from players and coaches in the past. The only one I am always ready for is "ref are you blind?" I always have my "who said that" ready to go while gazing around the field.
Couple amusing quips between me and a coach during and after one of my games today:

Coach: "You don't suck as much as the other guy."
Me: "Uh, thanks?"

Coach: "How long have you been reffing?"
Me: "Longer than you."

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
If only you would have answered question 2 by looking at clock and reciting time played. I ref soccer at a fairly high level and wish I had been ready for some of the stupid chirps I have received from players and coaches in the past. The only one I am always ready for is "ref are you blind?" I always have my "who said that" ready to go while gazing around the field.

Hah! I like that. One time I was doing 3 games in a row and my left contact lens tore (and my left eye is the much worse eye out of the two). Had to take it out and had no backup, so I honestly was not seeing very well at all. I did get asked if I was blind a few times that night, and each time I couldn't stop myself from laughing (I didn't say why though). Of course, this only annoyed the players even more.

indczn

May 28, 2008

Sad to see and sucks for JMFJ. Fortunately, he still has time to recover and earn more money.

There is no good solution to prevent someone "trusted" from screwing an athlete out of money, because the point of hiring someone to do it is because they just don't know how or don't have time. All you really can do is educate players and emphasis they monitor whoever is doing it, or having an independent party audit activity.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
I don't understand this JMFJ thing at all.

You have a laptop. And a twitter account. And email. And a facebook account.

Every bank in North America does online banking. Set it up and check your account once a week.

Every credit card in North America does online account management. Set it up and check your card balance once a week.

Any big bank (Chase / Wells Fargo) that does mortgages does them online.

Fidelity / Charles Schwab / e-Trade / Janis / all the other brokerage houses do online investments. I buy and sell stocks for $8 a trade and buy and sell mutual funds for free. Management fees on most funds are less than 1% annually. Any managed index fund averages 9-12% annual return (profit) and you can set this stuff up in less than an hour.

You can literally log into one maybe two accounts and see your checking, savings, investments, credit cards and mortgage on one screen. Sucks that this guy's parents were stealing from him, but this stuff is not complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad