Phoenix Coyotes Lounge V

Status
Not open for further replies.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
... you DO realize I live in West Glendale and am a full-fledged Coyotes fan, right? Don't be fooled by the avatar ...

LOL! You always seemed "fully fledged," just thought I remembered you once saying you were from Dallas, or a Stars fan at one time.

This is a great place to live either way. :)

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Well, finally found out the TRUE reason I got medically discharged from Air Force Special Forces. I have an extremely rare back disease called Ankylosing Spondylitis. Only 2% of our population has it. It causes something in my blood to create calcium which then fuses my lower lumbar(spine) together. Extremely painful, and absolutely nothing they can do about it. I'm in constant agonizing pain from when I wake up till I fall asleep, but since it's so "rare" they say there is no cure for it yet. So I get these extremely painful and extremely expensive shots in my back that give maybe....4 hours of mild relief until it comes back again. They had me on pain killers, but stopped giving them to me because they said "they are very often used recreationally among my age group."

So now I'm stuck. In pain EVERY single moment of my life, no pain meds, not getting those worthless shots anymore, and out of my dream job forever. Now I am back and forward between California and Arizona trying to find a job, and it's not working. People are suggesting I go on disability, but I'm 21 years old...I'm not going to spend the rest of my life without a job, that would drive me nuts, I'm a workaholic. It just really sucks to go from kicking ass in my dream job in the U.S. military, to a 21 year old lug who cant even work out anymore, in constant pain with nothing to help, no job, and back and forward between two states.

Don't take anything for granted guys :laugh: Be thankful for your health and your career, even if it is a s****y one. I know there are people who have it much worse than I do, so I try and remain positive but sometimes I just need to vent, because I feel like I've hit rock bottom already.

:blah:
Thank God I got my Coyotes back!

/rant

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Well, finally found out the TRUE reason I got medically discharged from Air Force Special Forces. I have an extremely rare back disease called Ankylosing Spondylitis. Only 2% of our population has it. It causes something in my blood to create calcium which then fuses my lower lumbar(spine) together. Extremely painful, and absolutely nothing they can do about it. I'm in constant agonizing pain from when I wake up till I fall asleep, but since it's so "rare" they say there is no cure for it yet. So I get these extremely painful and extremely expensive shots in my back that give maybe....4 hours of mild relief until it comes back again. They had me on pain killers, but stopped giving them to me because they said "they are very often used recreationally among my age group."

So now I'm stuck. In pain EVERY single moment of my life, no pain meds, not getting those worthless shots anymore, and out of my dream job forever. Now I am back and forward between California and Arizona trying to find a job, and it's not working. People are suggesting I go on disability, but I'm 21 years old...I'm not going to spend the rest of my life without a job, that would drive me nuts, I'm a workaholic. It just really sucks to go from kicking ass in my dream job in the U.S. military, to a 21 year old lug who cant even work out anymore, in constant pain with nothing to help, no job, and back and forward between two states.

Don't take anything for granted guys :laugh: Be thankful for your health and your career, even if it is a s****y one. I know there are people who have it much worse than I do, so I try and remain positive but sometimes I just need to vent, because I feel like I've hit rock bottom already.

/rant

So sorry to hear that man. It must be tough :(

Desert Ice 11

Yoooooo
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe

/rant

GI bill and go to school while getting 100%( or whatever) disability from VA. Also, going on disability gets you points towards a federal job. I think USA jobs is a good place to start if you want to a federal job. I really hope you got the GI bill though it will pay 100% school. Book stipen 4 times a year and *E-5 housing pay for the area you are in...

* If its a traditional school ( brick and mortar) if the school is online you get around $650 a month.

Trust me, good jobs that pay what your effort is worth are taken by those with degrees. Best I can get/find is $13 to $14 an hour until I finish school. School is pretty important. If you need anything or have any questions shoot me an email and I will do my best to find you an answer or point you in the right direction.

Sorry about your pain, I hope you find relief.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona

/rant

Sorry to hear that man and yes there are certainly people who are worse off, but everyones reality is just that - THEIR REALITY and NO ONE can dispute you've got an awful tough row to hoe. Just a thought and they're typically expensive as hell and not covered by most insurance, but I'd consider seeing a naturopathic Dr. - most all mainstream DR.'s today are nothing more than prescription pushers.

MP

Feb 8, 2008
Well, finally found out the TRUE reason I got medically discharged from Air Force Special Forces. <snip>
I can offer you nothing to make your day-to-day any less sucky, but I do know what it's like to find yourself in search of a new dream. I hope you find yours. Accept no substitutes.

RABBIT

So sorry to hear that man. It must be tough :(

GI bill and go to school while getting 100%( or whatever) disability from VA. Also, going on disability gets you points towards a federal job. I think USA jobs is a good place to start if you want to a federal job. I really hope you got the GI bill though it will pay 100% school. Book stipen 4 times a year and *E-5 housing pay for the area you are in...

* If its a traditional school ( brick and mortar) if the school is online you get around $650 a month.

Trust me, good jobs that pay what your effort is worth are taken by those with degrees. Best I can get/find is $13 to $14 an hour until I finish school. School is pretty important. If you need anything or have any questions shoot me an email and I will do my best to find you an answer or point you in the right direction.

Sorry about your pain, I hope you find relief.

Yeah I'm currently in talks to see what my qualifications are, thanks gentlemen.

Sorry to hear that man and yes there are certainly people who are worse off, but everyones reality is just that - THEIR REALITY and NO ONE can dispute you've got an awful tough row to hoe. Just a thought and they're typically expensive as hell and not covered by most insurance, but I'd consider seeing a naturopathic Dr. - most all mainstream DR.'s today are nothing more than prescription pushers.

Yeah I hear ya, but the docs aren't even offering me and prescriptions either! It sucks.

I can offer you nothing to make your day-to-day any less sucky, but I do know what it's like to find yourself in search of a new dream. I hope you find yours. Accept no substitutes.

Absolutely, my friend. It is was it is, unfortunately, time to make of it what we can.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
I feel like the back is still the wild west in terms of medical science -- 20 years from now, our knowledge of the eyeball or the digestive system will still be pretty close to where it's at today but the back and the nervous system in general still have a lot of room for growth. For every 100 "Doctors said I was screwed, then I tried X and now I'm better than ever" stories I hear, probably 60 of them are back related.

Prescriptions are what they are (Percocet + music = greatest dreams ever, wooo!!!) but don't stop there ... might be exercise or diet or something mental, there are ways around and through every problem. Even if the 1C2/1C4 chapter of your life is written, the next ten are up to you.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
On NHL Network today LeBlanc said there will be some changes to the logo and team colors but they will be minor. It will be interesting to see what they do and hopefully it doesn't look too bad.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Yeah, seriously. I notice HF seems to single out certain players and cry bloody murder if those players look cross-eyed at someone. Very bizarre really, kinda like herd mentality, but more stupid.

Indeed and notice now how everytime the Coyotes or Smith or Doan or whoever gets mentioned, almost all of those who support the Kings come out and start crying about anything this team does which is quite ironic coming from those who call the Coyotes "Cryotes".

:laugh:

Last edited:

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Indeed and notice now how everytime the Coyotes or Smith or Doan or whoever gets mentioned, almost all of those who support the Kings come out and start crying about anything this team does which is quite ironic coming from those who call the Coyotes "Cryotes".

:laugh:
Reading what some of the Kings fans are posting in the main forum is making me ever-so-slowly reevaluate my Sharks > Kings ranking on the Teams I Don't Like list.

I wish goalies wouldn't do what Smith did, but I REALLY wish skaters wouldn't do what Jones did and I REALLY wish neither party would do that in pre-season.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Reading what some of the Kings fans are posting in the main forum is making me ever-so-slowly reevaluate my Sharks > Kings ranking on the Teams I Don't Like list.

Shark fans are fine. I hate them the least. Not sure where you got a negative impression from. They've dealt with a team that is a perennial tease for like forever. It's the johnny-come-lately Kings fans that are the worst.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009

I wish goalies wouldn't do what Smith did, but I REALLY wish skaters wouldn't do what Jones did and I REALLY wish neither party would do that in pre-season.

Every team in any sport has good and bad apples. Which bad apples can or can't hold a candle to one another is something else. My only issue with certain Sharks Fans came as a result in the 09-10 Season where shots were made in their GDT's by posting pictures of our poor attendance during some of the regular season games.

More of an issue is coming from the Kings bandwagon side of things where a new group of young, cocky, and arrogant individuals makes it way to following that team plus some fans from other LA Teams that are known to have such bad moments in history to where other teams known for having troublemakers following them(ie. Blackhawks and Red Wings) seem more like saints in comparison.

The Lakers, I'll admit that as a Laker Fan myself we have a lot of fans that are embarrassing and the YouTube clips of the riots after the Lakers win a title is proof alone. Then you have the Dodgers of course and things get quite nasty often between them and the Giants Fans. Most cases the fights never make the news unless someone is close to death or dies. Bryan Stow is one great example and now a fan is killed in a recent rival dispute.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Dodgers-fan-slain-following-Giants-game-4845399.php

It's best advised now to exercise more caution now whenever seeing the Coyotes playing the Kings either in AZ or CA, especially since their were claims of beer bottles being thrown at each others fans after Game 5 of the 11-12 WCF.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon

Desert Ice 11

Yoooooo
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
A buddy of mine put this on Facebook yesterday. This video is more than a year old but is fascinating ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsUH8llvTZo

I have been like :amazed: and :shakehead and looking at videos and pictures of it im like :eek:

Whenever I look at crazy Russian videos.. I think "Wow, Russia's problems make it seem like American problems are way less bad."

Of course I have never traveled there so if anyone has facts or opinions I am all ears because right now my view of Russia is that they have a corrupt cops. They have a government that doesn't care if Siberia's population is 20% heroin addicts. Could care less about having safe vehicles on the roads. And that there are Russian mobsters everywhere....Oh yea and Russia can't find all their nukes.

RABBIT

I feel like the back is still the wild west in terms of medical science -- 20 years from now, our knowledge of the eyeball or the digestive system will still be pretty close to where it's at today but the back and the nervous system in general still have a lot of room for growth. For every 100 "Doctors said I was screwed, then I tried X and now I'm better than ever" stories I hear, probably 60 of them are back related.

Prescriptions are what they are (Percocet + music = greatest dreams ever, wooo!!!) but don't stop there ... might be exercise or diet or something mental, there are ways around and through every problem. Even if the 1C2/1C4 chapter of your life is written, the next ten are up to you.

It's really tough because I have a legitimate diagnosed disease that can't be cured but the doctors look at me like I'm a drug addict looking to get a fix. I used to be prescribed Percocet, they bumped me down to Vicodin, then Tramadol, now nothing but ibuprophen that upsets my stomach. I just want relief. It's so frustrating.

That's terrible man. I'm so sorry.

Don't take one doctor's advice as 'The Truth' though. Do your research. Get more opinions.

I don't know anything about this disease, but it looks like there might be options to make your life bearable.

http://www.medicinenet.com/ankylosing_spondylitis/page5.htm

Good luck.
Thank you very much for your efforts, actually means a lot that you took the time to dig a link up for me, and actually, it was extremely helpful and insightful. Again, appreciate your effort. Cheers to you brotha :cheers:

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
I have been like :amazed: and :shakehead and looking at videos and pictures of it im like :eek:

Whenever I look at crazy Russian videos.. I think "Wow, Russia's problems make it seem like American problems are way less bad."

Of course I have never traveled there so if anyone has facts or opinions I am all ears because right now my view of Russia is that they have a corrupt cops. They have a government that doesn't care if Siberia's population is 20% heroin addicts. Could care less about having safe vehicles on the roads. And that there are Russian mobsters everywhere....Oh yea and Russia can't find all their nukes.

Remind you a bit like another country?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad