Phoenix Coyotes Lounge V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
Does anyone know what jersey numbers Latendresse and McMillan are wearing for Coyotes at training camp?

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
"@anthonydleblanc: Are you ready for tailgating at #Coyotes games? Get ready for the introduction of our Saturday tail gates. Stay tuned. #HungrierThanEver"

Man my Sundays are going to be rough.

Demosthenes

Speaker for the dead
Sep 29, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
"@anthonydleblanc: Are you ready for tailgating at #Coyotes games? Get ready for the introduction of our Saturday tail gates. Stay tuned. #HungrierThanEver"

Eughh, Hockey is not a tailgating sport. Still I am sure people will do it, and take up spots in the $25 a game parking for their stupid tents and grills. :shakehead

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I've seen some Coyotes tailgaters.

It's not a bad idea. Eat some grilled dinner and drink some pre-game booze without paying high in-arena prices. Then you're sobered up for the drive home by the time the game is over.

I think I'll just prefer eating at a place at Westgate this year though, somewhere inexpensive like Chipotle or Johnny Rocket's.

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe

New meaning to hungrier than ever? Tailgate sounds fun...I can see it now "Coyote Dogs pregame now #HungrierThanEver"

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
I've seen some Coyotes tailgaters.

It's not a bad idea. Eat some grilled dinner and drink some pre-game booze without paying high in-arena prices. Then you're sobered up for the drive home by the time the game is over.

I think I'll just prefer eating at a place at Westgate this year though, somewhere inexpensive like Chipotle or Johnny Rocket's.

Yea but the Macho Nachos...

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
GTA 5 sales were $800 Million in the 1st 24 hours. Hopefully all sales records are broken with this game.

No talk of any of the spoilers for this game please.

I will say this game is amazing overall with Los Santos looking like and feeling like you're in Los Angeles and the Los Angeles Metro Area.
The cops are harder to get away from than ever.
Playing golf is ok and tennis is fun.
I love being able to switch off between different bad guys in the game.
The TV shows so far are funnier.
Controlling the pitbull in the game is a nice change but also there is also a mission in the game that the dog does something that really crosses the line and I also died laughing at that scene.

Thought by those who have played this game? Remember! No spoilers please!
Loving it so far.. Played it for almost 9 hours straight today :help:

So so fun and addicting.

My eyes hurt and I have a mild headache but it was well worth it.
The world they created is amazing, it's constantly catching me off guard with how beautiful it is. I'm especially in love with the lighting seen while driving toward the sunset. The weather/rain system has impressed me as well.

Played a round of golf last night (jokingly calling it warm ups for the actual 18 holes I played this morning)- by no means is it the Tiger Woods game, but I can see myself doing it occasionally.

The cops started to frustrate me a bit. I was just trying to have a bit of fun but I got caught in like 4 or 5 chases back-to-back, no reprieve.

I disliked the driving mechanics at first, but once I accepted that GTA V is more carefree and fun than the more serious GTA IV, then things like cars being much more damage resistant grew on me.

I went in expecting to be disgusted by Trevor, but I'm loving the guy so far. The way he enters one home in particular may have been the funniest scripted bit I've seen to this point.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon

Curious what this is going to look like and if the team is going to play any active role with pre-game events / infrastructure. If I'm a Westgate merchant, I'm on the phone with Mr Leblanc and coming up with a plan to get in on this somehow.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Why is hockey not a tailgating sport? I've done it numerous times. I loved eating some good food and hanging out with good friends outside before the game.

Vip

Jul 25, 2010
The world they created is amazing, it's constantly catching me off guard with how beautiful it is. I'm especially in love with the lighting seen while driving toward the sunset. The weather/rain system has impressed me as well.

Played a round of golf last night (jokingly calling it warm ups for the actual 18 holes I played this morning)- by no means is it the Tiger Woods game, but I can see myself doing it occasionally.

The cops started to frustrate me a bit. I was just trying to have a bit of fun but I got caught in like 4 or 5 chases back-to-back, no reprieve.

I disliked the driving mechanics at first, but once I accepted that GTA V is more carefree and fun than the more serious GTA IV, then things like cars being much more damage resistant grew on me.

I went in expecting to be disgusted by Trevor, but I'm loving the guy so far. The way he enters one home in particular may have been the funniest scripted bit I've seen to this point.

Well said. I think Franklin is my favorite character so far. Not sure how close I am to the end of the game but I take it I'm almost there. Yeah, I've been playing a ton.

This game is awesome. So many small details and stuff that make it great. So real.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
Just signed my 4 yr old son up for hockey. Starts on Monday. Can't wait! The coyotes sponsored kids first program was awesome!!

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Well said. I think Franklin is my favorite character so far. Not sure how close I am to the end of the game but I take it I'm almost there. Yeah, I've been playing a ton.

This game is awesome. So many small details and stuff that make it great. So real.

None of the characters stand out to me so far as each one is unique to the story. Franklin's missions do stand out the most though with regard to what the old San Andreas game had. Mad props as well to the makers of this game to get the language of the gang members right by speaking to real life gang members.

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
None of the characters stand out to me so far as each one is unique to the story. Franklin's missions do stand out the most though with regard to what the old San Andreas game had. Mad props as well to the makers of this game to get the language of the gang members right by speaking to real life gang members.
There are a few characters who stand out to me, but only negatively - characters that are entirely annoying. Then there are cases like Lamar; I'd like to see more of Franklin + Lamar.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I'm a PC master race gamer, so I have to wait to play GTAV. I've heard it's better than GTAIV in every way except the story, is that accurate?

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
I'm a PC master race gamer, so I have to wait to play GTAV. I've heard it's better than GTAIV in every way except the story, is that accurate?
Pretty accurate in my opinion, yeah. The presentation in 5 is obviously head and shoulders above 4, but so far I think the story of 4 is superior. Although, GTA V has the benefit of three main characters, so it doesn't seem to get as stale as GTA IV might have been at times.

Also, if you loved the realistic driving in 4, then 5 is a downgrade. But the more arcade-style driving suits the new game.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Made the drive on the 89 from Sedona to Flagstaff today for the first time.

I'm now 89% more in love with Northern Arizona.

I know what ya mean, this place is flip'n outrageous!
Rode my bike (cycling) from Camp Verde to Strawberry & back today - There's just so much to love.

I used to ranch in Oklahoma and enjoyed going to Dallas to see the Stars play, both great places, but didn't hesitate to come back here after having lived here once before.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
I used to ranch in Oklahoma and enjoyed going to Dallas to see the Stars play, both great places, but didn't hesitate to come back here after having lived here once before.
... you DO realize I live in West Glendale and am a full-fledged Coyotes fan, right? Don't be fooled by the avatar ...

Demosthenes

Speaker for the dead
Sep 29, 2011
Phoenix, AZ

Me too, I do have consoles for things like this though. and IMO 4 was horrible, and the story was bad and whoever wrote it should feel bad. 5 is way better in every way as far as I am concerned so far.

Trevor best character NA.

PS the driving is so much better too, no more slip and slide sledding.

Vip

Jul 25, 2010
Watching the BYU/Utah game. Without a doubt the biggest rivalry in the nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad