Phoenix Coyotes Lounge V

Status
Not open for further replies.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
It is really disappointing how many unsold seats there are for the home opener just two days away. It looks like there are thousands of seats available and it will probably be far from a sell out. :help:

Just looked. Yeesh. At least the stubhub tickets are generally higher than list. Looks like 12,000-ish crowd. Thursday night game but come on. I guess that extra $10-25 on parking is discouraging people a bit.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
As of right now I have no problem being the main guy again doing the GDT's. I'll look to talk things over with CK and Tricia over a game plan for this season.
I have my eyes squarely on a Klesla-Nolan inspired GDT for the home game against LAK on the 29th. Beyond that, Tricia's the man (odd phrase) for these and I'd hope he takes care of most of them.

Desert Ice 11

Yoooooo
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
Just looked. Yeesh. At least the stubhub tickets are generally higher than list. Looks like 12,000-ish crowd. Thursday night game but come on. I guess that extra $10-25 on parking is discouraging people a bit.

Its also a Thursday night.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
GDT's.

Calling those interested in making Coyotes GDT's. I know CK, AP, and Triciablad ( :P) were interested. And others who are considering making some.

Are you guys going to handle who creates what threads amongst yourselves? Want to create a schedule? Collaborate? other thoughts?

As of right now I have no problem being the main guy again doing the GDT's. I'll look to talk things over with CK and Tricia over a game plan for this season.

I enjoy making them but if others want to I don't want to stand in their way.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
To be fair the NFL is a giant bully willing to tread over any or everyone and some of the demands I've heard about (guaranteed pricing for nearby hotels? How is that in CoG's power?) sound ridiculous. But when the mayor comes out and admits the city is at least partially to blame, it doesn't look good from the get go.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
"@YotesCommunity: quick update on license plate: everything is on track, we're waiting for a vote to pass in Jan. as required for new plate designs"

A tad of a wait but its moving along.

zz

Nov 1, 2006

Not exactly surprising though. Remember that year where they did the $ 25 fixed price for all lower level seats for a season opener against Columbus? That's the only way you're going to pack the building after a sucky season where you missed the playoffs. I'm not sure why anyone would think having an owner would change that. It's been the case for years, with or without an owner.

Same ****, different day. The team will need to contend in order to fill the place. That's it. Other than giving tickets away, no marketing gimmick will change that. Whatever happened 2 years ago is now long forgotten.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
I didn't know where else to put this so I will put it here.

LeBlanc was on 620AM just now and said the attendance goal for this season is an average of 15,000 fans. Next year 16,000. And the year after that 17,000.

He said all the numbers (ticket sales, sponsorships) are up or way up compared to last year.

Last edited:

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

I think it's improved quite a bit here for the opener tonight in the last 48-72 hours. From the Ticketmaster map, I've noticed a lot of sections that were dark blue are now light blue, and some that were light blue are now grey (i.e. sold out)...

update: There are under 600 seats available on Ticketmaster

Last edited:

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
I think it's improved quite a bit here for the opener tonight in the last 48-72 hours. From the Ticketmaster map, I've noticed a lot of sections that were dark blue are now light blue, and some that were light blue are now grey (i.e. sold out)...

update: There are under 600 seats available on Ticketmaster
+ looks like about 700 being sold on StubHub.
Now I'm a little more excited to be in the crowd tonight :D

zz

Nov 1, 2006
I didn't know where else to put this so I will put it here.

LeBlanc was on 620AM just now and said the attendance goal for this season is an average of 15,000 fans. Next year 16,000. And the year after that 17,000.

He said all the numbers (ticket sales, sponsorships) are up or way up compared to last year.

Wow, that is VERY optimistic. 14,500 average would be quite an achievement. But 17,000 in 2 years?? They'd need to basically sell out every night.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Going to the Yotes/Avs game in Denver in February. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get cheapest tickets?

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Going to the Yotes/Avs game in Denver in February. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get cheapest tickets?

Go to the Avs forum and request it. I did it for Kings tickets and nearly got them for free because they weren't going to make the game.

just make sure you do it the ticket exchange thread if they have one, I learned that :laugh:

Avs fans are pretty classy folks, you may just get lucky like I did. Other than that, ticketmaster.

Vip

Jul 25, 2010
Go to the Avs forum and request it. I did it for Kings tickets and nearly got them for free because they weren't going to make the game.

just make sure you do it the ticket exchange thread if they have one, I learned that :laugh:

Avs fans are pretty classy folks, you may just get lucky like I did. Other than that, ticketmaster.

Awesome. Will do.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Our old buddy Moyes might get off the hook for his powerplay against the NHL

Recent ruling in the NHL's lawsuit against Moyes

A federal bankruptcy court in Arizona threw out most of the National Hockey League’s claims against former Phoenix Coyotes owner Jerry Moyes for expenses associated with the team’s tenure in bankruptcy and NHL ownership.

The NHL initially sought to recover $145.9 million from Moyes, including $112.7 million in operational losses while the league ran the team and $6.5 million in unpaid salary for former coach Wayne Gretzky.

On Friday, Judge Redfield Baum ruled in a summary judgment that Moyes isn’t responsible for covering the tabs for the operational losses or for Gretzky’s salary.

Baum writes that he based part of his ruling on Moyes’ team-ownership agreement with the NHL, which says nothing about the possibility of Moyes paying the NHL’s bills to run the team in a post-bankruptcy scenario.

Baum ruled that he needs more information before deciding two remaining claims — the NHL is seeking $15.1 million in attorneys’ fees, and $11.6 million the league paid to unsecured creditors.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/glendale/articles/20131007claims-vs-ex-coyotes-owner-tossed.html

Vip

Jul 25, 2010
You're welcome

gifs_09.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad