Phoenix Coyotes Lounge V

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Thoughts about the player ratings in this year's EA Sports video game?

95: Crosby
92: Malkin, Stamkos

87: Smith
85: Yandle
84: Klesla, Michalek, Vrbata, Hanzal
83: Vermette, Boedker
82: Doan, Morris, Korpikoski, OEL, Ribeiro
81: Moss, Stone
80: Labarbera
79: Schlemko, Gordon (smh)
78: McMillan
77: Rundblad, Chipchura
76: Gormley
75: Klinkhammer, Summers
74: Brown, Ochocinco (smh)
73: Bissonette
72: Miele
69: Szwarz, Visentin
68: Shinnimin
67: Martinook

64: MacKinnon
60: Domi
55: Dauphin

Last edited:

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
EA doesn't even know their own engine, I used to make rosters for the PC version. To get the thing to sim right you needed to knock off 10 points minimum from every players rating.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
As indicated by GMDM and Tippet:

Korpi will be given a shot at second line duties and Boedker will be given a shot with Ribs. First two lines are cemented.

That gives Brule, Yip, Brown and Latendresse + rookies an opportunity to duke it out for spots on 3 and 4.

Makes sense to me.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio

78: McMillan

Terrible as always. I feel like EA just ignores teams like Phoenix, Nashville, Columbus, etc. I don't understand how Korpikoski and Morris have the same rating as Ribs, OEL, and Doan, and Vermette is higher than all of them. Makes no sense.

And how did they get Ribeiro on the team but list Lol and Gordon as still here.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Terrible as always. I feel like EA just ignores teams like Phoenix, Nashville, Columbus, etc. I don't understand how Korpikoski and Morris have the same rating as Ribs, OEL, and Doan, and Vermette is higher than all of them. Makes no sense.

Because they have six 400 pound Canuck fans working the numbers. I actually took a ten yr old team to there offices back in the day for a day trip. I'm sure it's much bigger today but it was crazy small.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon

They didn't. Irritated with the game inside of 60 seconds because I don't play online / download bonus content / etc. There's a prominently featured "DOWNLOAD UPDATED ROSTER" feature, but Lecavalier's a UFA and Gordon/Barbs/Ochocinco are still Coyotes :facepalm:

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
They didn't. Irritated with the game inside of 60 seconds because I don't play online / download bonus content / etc. There's a prominently featured "DOWNLOAD UPDATED ROSTER" feature, but Lecavalier's a UFA and Gordon/Barbs/Ochocinco are still Coyotes :facepalm:

I typically get so bored i just update the rosters myself. its a pain in the ass, and the draft picks dont get traded too, but whatever. it works.

im passing on NHL 14, first time in about 5 years because its not coming to PS4, and I'm retiring the PS3 the day the PS4 comes out.

its a shame that Madden will get the rosters so accurate, down to the water boys, but NHL can't even get the opening night rosters right.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005

I think even not playing online, they just assume you're gonna download the rosters. The one download fixed all those examples.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010

78: McMillan:(

Bought the game last night.
OEL should definitely be 86 IMO. Glad they raised Hanzal to 84. In NHL 13 he was 81 :shakehead:.

Vip

Jul 25, 2010

I downloaded the roster update and Gordon etc wasn't on the team. Weird.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
The only thing I pay attention to is if they get a personalized face in the game. If you've got a personalized face, you've made it in EA's eyes :laugh:

I think Doan, Boedker, Vermette, Morris, and Ribeiro were the only ones that had them in NHL 13, makes me wonder if Smitty, Hanz, OEL etc made the cut this year hahaha.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
If you live in the east valley chances are your local Fresh & Easy is closing. Sold to Ron Burkle of the Pittsburgh Penguins. Everything is 25% off so go pick the corporate carcass clean.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
If you live in the east valley chances are your local Fresh & Easy is closing. Sold to Ron Burkle of the Pittsburgh Penguins. Everything is 25% off so go pick the corporate carcass clean.

At least one F&E is staying open - Alma and Elliot; I went in there and asked, and the guy said they'd gotten informed they weren't closing. Although of course their name may change.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Tippet was interviewed about the benefit game and he was apparently on some sort of wildfire crew back in Canada... just thought was pretty cool and indicative of his overall character.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

I love F&E. When I proposed to my wife, many of our friends and family joked that we should get married at F&E because we love it so much. So good, so convenient, and so cheap. I absolutely love their high end meat and cheese and their low end wine. The cheapest bottles on the rack are absolutely decently passable. Go up a few shekels per bottle and you really hit the goods. For about half the price of a similar taste at Whole Foods. Their high end meats and cheeses aren't great. Again, just passable. Again, half the price you'd pay for comparables at Whole Foods. Supermarket chains like Fry's and Safeway simply don't offer that kind of selection, period. If you are broke and want to eat and drink like a snob, there is really only one place for you. Not to mention you can get in and out of there so freaking easy.

Oh and they always have La Fin du Monde cold. And Leffe. Can't say that about most places. I'm addicted to both of those beer. Ugh.

At least one F&E is staying open - Alma and Elliot; I went in there and asked, and the guy said they'd gotten informed they weren't closing. Although of course their name may change.

I've been to that store four times in the last three days and each time heard somebody asking an employee about whether they'll stay open (maybe one was you? - haha). Each time the employee seemed to say that the store wasn't closing but each time, each employee felt the need to tack a little qualifier on there, like "As far as I know..." or "Based on what they've told us..." or "Shouldn't" or "Isn't SUPPOSED to"...that kind of thing. Each time I was tempted to ask them which stores they knew for sure would be closing without a doubt. I'm sure they'd have said they have no idea and most likely all of the employees in all of the other stores are saying the same qualified little positives. But why be dick? They're the ones losing their jobs. Also, quite frankly, I just don't want to know about it.

When these things either go kaput, or get morphed into something awful, it's really going to **** up my free time. F&E is irreplaceable to me. It's just too good to exist in this piece of **** world of dumb ****ing red necked, hick ********. I hate Arizona. Hate it.

There are really only a handful of things rt gives a **** about and affordable but decent booze, fat and protein are definitely a few of them. Whole Foods can suck it.

EDIT: Oh, and their bacon. Holy **** the bacon. Go buy it. Just not from my store, I've got to fill the freezer.

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
For sure. Gonna pick it up at the midnight release (not sure when I will leave for that; want to head out as late as possible, thinking of getting there 5-10 minutes past 12), install it before sleeping, then playing some before I leave for a short closing shift at work Tuesday evening. I've been playing GTA IV in the meantime, not sure if that's been a good idea or not.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
My copy of GTAV will be arriving on my doorstep in about 12 hours, just in time for me to head to work. God dammit.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Well this is it guys. My social life is over, I'm dropping out of school, I'm never getting a job, and I won't ever attend another Coyotes game.

Why am I doing something so melodramatic, you might ask?

...Because I just walked into my house with a copy of Grand Theft Auto 5.

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
Well this is it guys. My social life is over, I'm dropping out of school, I'm never getting a job, and I won't ever attend another Coyotes game.

Why am I doing something so melodramatic, you might ask?

...Because I just walked into my house with a copy of Grand Theft Auto 5.
Gotta save that post until you've at least played a few minutes, man! Mine is still installing. I left the house at midnight to pick it up, was surprised to see how long the line was where I went. I suppose there's always going to be a new crop of kids to show up once you and your peers have grown out of attending midnight releases.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
GTA 5 sales were $800 Million in the 1st 24 hours. Hopefully all sales records are broken with this game.

No talk of any of the spoilers for this game please.

I will say this game is amazing overall with Los Santos looking like and feeling like you're in Los Angeles and the Los Angeles Metro Area.
The cops are harder to get away from than ever.
Playing golf is ok and tennis is fun.
I love being able to switch off between different bad guys in the game.
The TV shows so far are funnier.
Controlling the pitbull in the game is a nice change but also there is also a mission in the game that the dog does something that really crosses the line and I also died laughing at that scene.

Thought by those who have played this game? Remember! No spoilers please!

Vip

Jul 25, 2010
Loving it so far.. Played it for almost 9 hours straight today :help:

So so fun and addicting.

My eyes hurt and I have a mild headache but it was well worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad