GDT: Philly vs. Blues | 7pm CST ESPN+ & Hulu

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
I disagree. Berube just needs to be a strict dad with Kyrou right now. And Kyrou needs to realize he sees the ice a lot differently than the other players on the team. He's going to be a star, but, he has to remember that he's on a team as well.
Both can be true. It took Walt hammering it into Person's head when he first came up that his pure talent will only carry him so far. Ultimately it's up to Kyrou. But it can't hurt having a guy in your ear that came up in a similar way who has had a long, successful career.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Their forwards blocked 4 shots. Ours 0. We have some guys on D who are limited in passing skill. Who make bad decisions. Who lose their guys. Even Parayko and Faulk weren't very good tonight. But the number of forwards we have who don't want to pay the price is quite troubling. 0 blocked shots. Barbie, Tank, Schenn, and Torpo only guys with more than 1 hit. really, goals aside, tank and torpo were only 2 forwards who were noticeable tonight. if kyou and thomas and buch are hurt or sick, they can sit until they are better. but if they are gonna play, they need to show up. and tonight they didn't.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
i know i seem like negative nelly here tonight, but if i thought this was best we could do i would be fine with it. but we saw against caps how good we can be. and tonight we just didn't show up. which is what seems to happen every time we play crappy team. and maybe we can just turn it on for playoffs, but you build habits by what you do. and we are building bad ones. and against teams like avs and flames and wild, if we play like this we will get destroyed.

Reactions: AjaxManifesto

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I disagree. Berube just needs to be a strict dad with Kyrou right now. And Kyrou needs to realize he sees the ice a lot differently than the other players on the team. He's going to be a star, but, he has to remember that he's on a team as well.
kyrou and thomas are super talented but they are so frustrating. i get that they are young, but your young stars pull this crap that is how you become edmonton oilers. they don't need perron to mentor them. there are other vets on team who serve as good role models (ror, schenn, faulk, krug, parayko, tank even). they need the coaching staff to show them tough love and hold them accountable.

Reactions: BadgersandBlues

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
i know i seem like negative nelly here tonight, but if i thought this was best we could do i would be fine with it. but we saw against caps how good we can be. and tonight we just didn't show up. which is what seems to happen every time we play crappy team. and maybe we can just turn it on for playoffs, but you build habits by what you do. and we are building bad ones. and against teams like avs and flames and wild, if we play like this we will get destroyed.
All of the "good" teams have tendency to lose like this to the "bad" teams.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
All of the "good" teams have tendency to lose like this to the "bad" teams.
yes, and no. all the good teams do lose to bad teams on occasion. but we do it way too often. the reason bad teams are bad is they lose more than they win. we actually have much better record against playoff teams than bottom-dwellers. and philly hadn't won on road all year. so it's not like eveyone else was doing this against them.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
he may have looked fine on the bench, but he looked awful on ice tonight. literally did nothing that registered a positive stat.
Drawing a penalty that led to a goal is a positive stat. As is two shot attempts including one from a very dangerous area. He was far from our worst skater tonight and if he was benched while trailing by a goal then Berube is part of the problem. He’s by far our most dangerous offensive player. He should be double shifted while trailing by a goal in the third. It’s ridiculous we allow Bort and Perron to take awful penalties game after game, Scandella and Mikkola to give the puck away constantly, Thomas and Buch constantly pass up scoring chances in favor of low percentage passes etc. and bench our best player. It’s moronic.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
There are other ways to get through to young players than to bench them and essentially throw away a very winnable game. If anything this should make Kyrou more arrogant. Look how useless this team is when he’s not out there driving the play every shift.

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
There are other ways to get through to young players than to bench them and essentially throw away a very winnable game. If anything this should make Kyrou more arrogant. Look how useless this team is when he’s not out there driving the play every shift.
??? I didn't want Kyrou to be Benched. I was just saying that Perron didn't need to mentor him.

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Okay, sorry. I thought by “strict dad” you meant staple is ass to the bench for a mistake.
Oh no. I meant as in scold but teach in a meaningful way. You can reprimand someone for something without grounding them. For a 23 year old in the NHL everything is a teaching moment.

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
I think you guys are getting carried away with the statement of Perron "should" mentor Kyrou, it wasn't a suggestion that he should be ordered to do so. All i was really saying is there is an opportunity for Perron to be there for kid.. Perron relishes playing for this team and would have a lot to offer as far as being able to relate to someone who was always one of the most skilled guys at every level while playing themselves into the league and help him develop into more of a complete player.
I don't see what's so far fetched or illogical about that..

Good teams hold one another accountable and tell each other what they need to know and need to hear. From top to bottom.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Drawing a penalty that led to a goal is a positive stat. As is two shot attempts including one from a very dangerous area. He was far from our worst skater tonight and if he was benched while trailing by a goal then Berube is part of the problem. He’s by far our most dangerous offensive player. He should be double shifted while trailing by a goal in the third. It’s ridiculous we allow Bort and Perron to take awful penalties game after game, Scandella and Mikkola to give the puck away constantly, Thomas and Buch constantly pass up scoring chances in favor of low percentage passes etc. and bench our best player. It’s moronic.
I don’t mean to be a jerk, but this is one of the silliest posts I’ve ever seen. Berube is trying to make him into great player, not just talented floater. If you think he should get a free pass because of his talent you couldn’t be more wrong.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
7-6-2 in the last 15.

BAD
VERY BAD

The excuses are over. The sky might not be falling, but its cloudy and raining most days.
this team is kitten soft and mentally weak. not a good recipe for playoff success.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Lou Korac

@lkorac10
·
27m

Craig Berube about the #stlblues again passing up shot attempts: "That's a huge problem on this team." They also missed the net 16 times. Unacceptable.

Lou Korac

@lkorac10
·
27m

I asked Berube about Faulk saying it was lack of work ethic, compete level, intensity: "That’s all it is. 100% because when we do it, we did it tonight at times, for a lot of the game, but we're down 2-0. You can’t just give teams a 2-0 lead. We're not starting a game that way."

Lou Korac

@lkorac10
·
31m

Craig Berube: "Well at the start of the game, we didn't shoot, that's for sure. We had some real good opportunities early and just passed them up. And then what I seen is just a team that skated and outworked us in the first period, that's the easiest way to put it." #stlblues

No shit Sherlock.

We’ve been saying this shit for how long now?

It’s very simple. If Berube wants them to shoot more and they don’t then bench them.

If they’re not disobeying his some coaching instruction to shoot more than the fault lays on Berube.

Coaches are too soft. This whole passing 5000 times in the O zone and not showing up to play has been happening for months.

The players do it but Berube is the one letting it happen for months with no change.

The 4th line was the only line that showed up to play. If I’m the coach lots of players would be puking from skating laps in practice

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
Not a good game period. Focus is a big problem with this team. Even the games they win, they don’t play a full 60 minutes.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Keep white knighting the brutal goalie.

Go ahead and keep acting like the team played perfectly fine and the only reason we lost was Binnington. It does nothing but make you look like a jackass. Binny is not Jesus and trying to crucify him for the poor play of the entire team isn't going to solve anything.

Its funny how every other goalie is able to perform at a high level in front of the same team, yet somehow Binner is LUCKY to have a game where he allows less than 4 goals against.

The guy is flat out BRUTAL this season and has no business playing in the NHL right now. This is 100x worse than when Elliott got sent down in like 2013, where he worked on his game and came back and started the playoffs for us.

I have NO IDEA why Binner is not in the minors working on his game. Sitting his ass on the bench and letting him rot then feeding him a start and watching him implode is not the answer.

No, every other goalie is not able to perform in front of this same team. Husso was only in god mode for so long and he's coming back down to earth.

Look at the last game against the Caps and then tell me with all sincerity that it was the exact same team tonight against Philly.
This is one of those games where it feels like not only the fans but the players have lost confidence in Binnington and it's bleeding into their play on-ice.

You can argue that's on the team's coaching/leadership/mentality to correct and they should be ready to play no matter who is in net, but it's never that easy.

They play the same way in front of Husso from time to time. It has nothing to do with Binnington as it appears to be a roll of the dice who gets to play the game when the team decides not to show up.

Reactions: Reality Czech

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Why did the Blues piss away valuable points against a shite team? Why??

The game against Carolina should be a banger at least.
Cause they play binner in most of them and he stinks this year and the team has zero will to fight (score 5+ goals) for those starts. so they just pack it in and call it a day.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
My question after reading through Chief’s responses: Does Chief still have the room? Cause it sure don’t sound like it. He knows the problem is arrogance but can’t right it?

Blows my mind.

We got a group of ride or die boys in Springfield, just saying. Reward some call ups and sit down some regulars, send a damn message.

Reactions: Reality Czech

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad