GDT: Philly vs. Blues | 7pm CST ESPN+ & Hulu

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Just saw thew box score. Turned it off in the 2nd. This team got EVERYTHING it deserved.

Part of me would be happy if this team misses the playoffs so that everyone can see that excusing all the losses to inferior teams over the course of the season is costly.

The excuses have worn themselves out. We are who we are: a lazy and inconsistent team with much potential on paper. Selling the farm to get a top LHD would not have changed who this team is. DA made the smart move. He's planning for next season.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
I remember us having the same feeling about the Lehtera contract and he turned that into Brayden Schenn. I have a sneaking feeling he's going to turn Binner into Sanheim or Provorov
That took 2 1st round picks to dump. One to dump Lehtera's and one to get Schenn.

Binnington still has like 5 years left on this trainwreck. You will be dumping 2 1sts AT MINIMUM to get rid of this disaster.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
I remember us having the same feeling about the Lehtera contract and he turned that into Brayden Schenn. I have a sneaking feeling he's going to turn Binner into Sanheim or Provorov
It’s the full no trade that makes Binner’s so difficult to move. He has to agree to it, and he’s not going to go to a bottom feeder. Without the no trade he could package a pick or prospect to Arizona like so many teams have, but he’s definitely not waiving to play in a 4,500 seat arena. Toronto is the only chance, but they probably can’t afford to spend that much on a goalie. Maybe Edmonton.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Just saw thew box score. Turned it off in the 2nd. This team got EVERYTHING it deserved.

Part of me would be happy if this team misses the playoffs so that everyone can see that excusing all the losses to inferior teams over the course of the season is costly.

The excuses have worn themselves out. We are who we are: a lazy and inconsistent team with much potential on paper. Selling the farm to get a top LHD would not have changed who this team is. DA made the smart move. He's planning for next season.
The smart move would have been to not trade the 2nd round pick then so it could be used in a package to at the very minimum move Binnington and that joke contract.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Did Kyrou get hurt or benched?
He was definitely on the bench. I was sitting right behind him. Don’t think he took a shift after drawing that slashing call, so it’s possible he was hurt, but he looked fine on the bench.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
That took 2 1st round picks to dump. One to dump Lehtera's and one to get Schenn.

Binnington still has like 5 years left on this trainwreck. You will be dumping 2 1sts AT MINIMUM to get rid of this disaster.

It’s the full no trade that makes Binner’s so difficult to move. He has to agree to it, and he’s not going to go to a bottom feeder. Without the no trade he could package a pick or prospect to Arizona like so many teams have, but he’s definitely not waiving to play in a 4,500 seat arena. Toronto is the only chance, but they probably can’t afford to spend that much on a goalie. Maybe Edmonton.
All I was saying is Army is a master at negotiating trades. I have no worry about him finding a way to weasel his way out of this one.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Binny is our future tank commander, do you wanna draft top 10 during the suckage or not? You can't just trade off that kind of draft enhancing ability. Also Doug would have to pay too much to dump that contract.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
All I was saying is Army is a master at negotiating trades. I have no worry about him finding a way to weasel his way out of this one.
I don't think that contract is moveable unless we are willing to spare multiple high end picks or prospects and I don't see Army willing to do that.

I just do not understand why this guy has not been sent to the minors to work on his game. Sitting up here and playing once every week or 10 days is not the answer. He is a total mess this season.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
7-6-2 in the last 15.

BAD
VERY BAD

The excuses are over. The sky might not be falling, but its cloudy and raining most days.

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I don't think that contract is moveable unless we are willing to spare multiple high end picks or prospects and I don't see Army willing to do that.

I just do not understand why this guy has not been sent to the minors to work on his game. Sitting up here and playing once every week or 10 days is not the answer. He is a total mess this season.
Because it has to be something that's agreed by both parties. Maybe the club wants to but he doesn't or the other way around.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
I have faith that he could move it, I’m just not sure Binnington would agree to it. Maybe he wants a fresh start too? Who knows, but losing Husso for nothing this summer just isn’t an option, which likely means we’re going to lose a good skater to the cap because we have to spend 10M on goaltending. Florida is doing it just fine, but it typically doesn’t work out all that well.

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I have faith that he could move it, I’m just not sure Binnington would agree to it. Maybe he wants a fresh start too? Who knows, but losing Husso for nothing this summer just isn’t an option, which likely means we’re going to lose a good skater to the cap because we have to spend 10M on goaltending. Florida is doing it just fine, but it typically doesn’t work out all that well.
The fact that it was released that Army was shopping him around says that Binner is at least open to being traded. Blues have about 10 mil to fill 5 spots. Perunovich, Kostin, and Mikkola are our only "big" RFAs and none of them should be too crazy to sign, I'll say 1.5Mil each at most. That leaves Husso and Perron. I wouldn't be surprised to see Husso sign for anything between 2.5-3mil. Perron is the wild card because everytime I hear anything about him I've heard as high at 4m and as low as 2.5m due to how he is as a person. I could see all of them resign for under 9mil. Then they still have Scandella to move as well.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
He was definitely on the bench. I was sitting right behind him. Don’t think he took a shift after drawing that slashing call, so it’s possible he was hurt, but he looked fine on the bench.
he may have looked fine on the bench, but he looked awful on ice tonight. literally did nothing that registered a positive stat.

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
The fact that it was released that Army was shopping him around says that Binner is at least open to being traded. Blues have about 10 mil to fill 5 spots. Perunovich, Kostin, and Mikkola are our only "big" RFAs and none of them should be too crazy to sign, I'll say 1.5Mil each at most. That leaves Husso and Perron. I wouldn't be surprised to see Husso sign for anything between 2.5-3mil. Perron is the wild card because everytime I hear anything about him I've heard as high at 4m and as low as 2.5m due to how he is as a person. I could see all of them resign for under 9mil. Then they still have Scandella to move as well.
We need to re-sign Perron to serve as a mentor to Kyrou.

oPlaiD

Dec 3, 2007
This is one of those games where it feels like not only the fans but the players have lost confidence in Binnington and it's bleeding into their play on-ice.

You can argue that's on the team's coaching/leadership/mentality to correct and they should be ready to play no matter who is in net, but it's never that easy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->