Post-Game Talk: Philly @ The Washington Anthony Manthanys | 7p ET | NBCSW

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I was just looking at Nick's passes from the half wall to Oshie on the PP. So understated but his little movements open up the passing lane
He doesnt look like he puts any effort into it at all.

Last game I think, they were on the PP and you could see NB with the puck in his spot and Ovie in his spot, and NB clearly thinking about the pass through like 5-6 guys and a forest of skates/legs/sticks. Of course he did it. I don't think Joe and Craig even noticed, might have been talking about food or something.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I was just looking at Nick's passes from the half wall to Oshie on the PP. So understated but his little movements open up the passing lane

That first one from Backie to Oshie on the PP.... Watch it closely, looks off then and waits for the defender (17) to wave his stick then threads the pass right where the stick used to be. He's only done that 200 other times before in his career. Just sick setup and anticipation.

Reactions: txpd and McVechkin

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015

Weird to watch highlights with such a loud crowd.. can’t wait for that again

Reactions: Corby78 and txpd

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Flyers - 4 pts back from 4th place bruins, tied with NYR

are they giving up? Feel like we havent seen them in a while but they should be super hungry

4-6 in their last 10

Caps favored to win -155 (-1.5)

Were all excited about our new toy and processing Vrana gone ...

itsatrap.jpg

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
On another subject. Have the Flyers killed Carter Hart?
Carter Hart (8-11-5, 3.79 GAA, .872 SV%, 1 SO) vs. Ilya Samsonov (9-3-1, 2.97 GAA, .894 SV%, 1 SO)
Hart has been in a nosedive and has dropped each of his past seven starts with his last win coming on the road against the New York Islanders March 18. He has posted a 1-2-0 record, 3.63 GAA and .883 SV% in three appearances against the Capitals.

Samsonov has coughed up four or more goals in each of his past four appearances but is 2-2 in that span. While he has been struggling lately, facing the Flyers might snap him out of it. He is 3-0-0 with a 2.67 GAA and .922 SV% in three starts against Philadelphia this season.

Philadelphia Flyers at Washington Capitals odds, picks and prediction

o/u at 6?

biggest no brainer in the history of sports betting

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Larkin is really, really good. Just stuck on a poor team. No need to trash him.

If a straight up trade was offered, I'd have to at least think about it. Save some cap space and get someone comparable.

That being said, I am happy with Backstrom. Him and Ovie are best buds and chemistry is important. I hope Backstrom remains a lifelong Cap.

not trashing Larkin, but the comparison isn’t there today. Now of you want to factor in age and contract you could make an argument for the younger guy, but that wasn’t what was said.

Reactions: Neil Racki

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
not trashing Larkin, but the comparison isn’t there today. Now of you want to factor in age and contract you could make an argument for the younger guy, but that wasn’t what was said.

I understand that people bristled at the idea of Larkin being equal to Backstrom. That, I do not believe. Backstrom is the better player, overall.

The point was that I brought up the idea of trading them straight across and factored in the salary cap and age. I think that idea could at least be entertained even if not acted on.

Would you trade Eichel straight across for Backstrom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad