Post-Game Talk: Philly @ The Washington Anthony Manthanys | 7p ET | NBCSW

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
prime what exactly? Of his life, sure. What about his entire offensive stat line says better than Backstrom today?

It's more that Larkin's impact now is greater than Backstrom's impact now in my opinion. Larkin can't help that his team's roster is full of nobodies, and the fact that his team is full of nobodies is going to impact his stat line.

If Larkin is better offensively than Backstrom than Mantha is ridiculous because he’s only 1 point behind Larkin for the team lead and has 3 more ES points.

1. Points aren't everything!
2. Mantha is really good! I think it's probably a good trade for Washington!

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Larkin is really, really good. Just stuck on a poor team. No need to trash him.

If a straight up trade was offered, I'd have to at least think about it. Save some cap space and get someone comparable.

That being said, I am happy with Backstrom. Him and Ovie are best buds and chemistry is important. I hope Backstrom remains a lifelong Cap.

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
Welcome, AntMan

Or is it Plant Man

wtf is that? Lol.

looks like Ice T circa body count days....sounds like the femmes....as catchy as that badger or whatever the hell that was repeating video from back when aol ruled the internets.

Reactions: g00n

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

If a straight up trade was offered, I'd have to at least think about it. Save some cap space and get someone comparable.

That being said, I am happy with Backstrom. Him and Ovie are best buds and chemistry is important. I hope Backstrom remains a lifelong Cap.

Exactly this. The fact that Backstrom at 33 is so close to Larkin at 24 speaks to how good Backstrom is as a player and why IMO he's going to get into the Hall of Fame. Another Cup will make him a lock!

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada

No one is trashing him, but I would 100% not make that trade. Like ever.

Reactions: Neil Racki

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
wtf is that? Lol.

looks like Ice T circa body count days....sounds like the femmes....as catchy as that badger or whatever the hell that was repeating video from back when aol ruled the internets.

Now that you've heard it you can't unhear it, right?

I've been living with this since the mid-90s.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
No one is trashing him, but I would 100% not make that trade. Like ever.

I wouldn't because of team chemistry. Ovie and Backstrom should be lifelong Caps, IMHO.

However, from a strictly cold hearted, bean counting view, you'd save a lot of cap space (His is 6.1 million compared to Backstrom's 9.2 million) and get a very good player who is considerably younger and in his prime.

If Backstrom is the better player is he 3.1 million better?

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I hate that. I'm not saying it won't work but it irritates me how often the Capitals seem to acquire career wingers and then immediately say "let's try you on the other side" and wonder why their acquisitions suddenly suck.
He said he's comfortable on both sides. Just today.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
I wouldnt because Dylan Larkin can't do stuff like this.

A low-key great part of this play is Backstrom's interception of the pass, followed by his stick handling and positioning through 4 Bruins.

Hockey IQ insanely off the charts, Larkin is not even close

There is no fancy stat that can account for a hockey brain like that.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
A low-key great part of this play is Backstrom's interception of the pass, followed by his stick handling and positioning through 4 Bruins.

Hockey IQ insanely off the charts, Larkin is not even close

There is no fancy stat that can account for a hockey brain like that.

I was just looking at Nick's passes from the half wall to Oshie on the PP. So understated but his little movements open up the passing lane
He doesnt look like he puts any effort into it at all.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I hate that. I'm not saying it won't work but it irritates me how often the Capitals seem to acquire career wingers and then immediately say "let's try you on the other side" and wonder why their acquisitions suddenly suck.
Mantha plays both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad