Post-Game Talk: Philly @ The Washington Anthony Manthanys | 7p ET | NBCSW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Nobody is asking the real questions here.

Will he be a part of the jazz boys?

Is he big enough to hide with Z?

Will he be participating in ass taps?

How good is he at handshakes?
No Man.

The real question:

“did you get permission from Caps legend David Steckel to wear #39?”

“And if so, what does Syndy Crosby think of this??”

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Seems like hes very happy. Wonder if its because he's joining the Caps or because he left Detroit
giphy.gif

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009

More years of rebuild where more L's than W's were going to be had Vs. one of the better teams in the league that is in the conversation to go deep into the playoffs. I agree with this assessment.

Lot's of people talking about how Vrana will score more often with more ice time where Mantha's numbers may drop with less. I'm actually thinking the opposite. Vrana will get more icetime but that will be against the #1 D pairings on a team with far less options where as Mantha is going to be playing with better playmakers on a team with a lot more options. If he has an itchy trigger finger then Backy is not a bad C to be on a line with.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I think Vrana's rate stats will drop because his D corps is going from

Carlson, Orlov, Schultz, Dillon, Chara, Jensen

to...

Staal, DeKeyser, Stecher, Djoos, Cholowski, Biega, Lindstrom, and Hronek. (that hurt typing those names)

I think Larkin is a slight upgrade over Backstrom as Vrana's center, at least offensively. Though I imagine Vrana's RW (Erne? Helm? Help me out here Detroit fans) is going to be worse than Oshie.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada

to...

Staal, DeKeyser, Stecher, Djoos, Cholowski, Biega, Lindstrom, and Hronek. (that hurt typing those names)

I think Larkin is a slight upgrade over Backstrom as Vrana's center, at least offensively. Though I imagine Vrana's RW (Erne? Helm? Help me out here Detroit fans) is going to be worse than Oshie.
Pfft. Larkin only dreams of having Backstrom's playmaking IQ, patience, and skill. The only advantage he really has is footspeed/skating. Backstrom's strengths don't suffer much with age and they make him a HOF player. Larkin--not so much.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

to...

upload_2021-4-13_15-36-57.gif

Reactions: Calicaps

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I think Backstrom's career is going to end up being much better but right now Larkin is in his prime while Backstrom is not.

But I respect your opinions!

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I think Backstrom's career is going to end up being much better but right now Larkin is in his prime while Backstrom is not.

But I respect your opinions!

prime what exactly? Of his life, sure. What about his entire offensive stat line says better than Backstrom today? Backstrom has almost as many PP points as Larkin points lol....

if you come back with some BS about Larkin being unlucky you’re going on ignore!

;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad