Player Discussion Phillip Danault - The Centermania Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Tatar and Gally isn't enough. They are second line wingers if we compare with wingers of top teams.

Are you sure about that? Saddled with a defensive center the last two years

Tatar was 13th among left wingers
Gally was 20th among right wingers.

They're not elite 1st liners but they are damn good top wingers and I maintain their numbers would be better playing with a more offensive center.

Reactions: DAChampion

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land

They're not elite 1st liners but they are damn good top wingers and I maintain their numbers would be better playing with a more offensive center.
Their numbers would be about the same with Suzuki as their center. I love Suzuki and his potential, don't get me wrong but Su is not at the level of PLD with Columbus and PLD isn't at the level of Crosby, McCinnon, Bergeron, McJesus and Draisatle.

Let's say they would produce more offensively, by how much and would it be enough to make the PO easy? And making the PO, where the team go long way in the PO?

Tatar 13th and Gally 20th, is that include the + and - or just the pts?

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az

I think the sum of the parts are better then the individual parts. This line has a symbiotic relationship that is rare. They each make themselves better. Good NHL players for sure, much better on the same line.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I think the sum of the parts are better then the individual parts. This line has a symbiotic relationship that is rare. They each make themselves better. Good NHL players for sure, much better on the same line.
Agree. It's hard to quantify chemistry. Together they are better than individually. The Beatles were better together than individually in their solo career. Posters here can bring all the stats they can, the chimistry factor is something that stats alone can't explain.

Maybe Habs management can identify who from Tartar or Gallagher have chemistry with Danault and keep a duo chemistry for some positive results but the fact remains that breaking chemistry will not work at the end.

Reactions: azcanuck

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Agree. It's hard to quantify chemistry. Together they are better than individually. The Beatles were better together than individually in their solo career. Posters here can bring all the stats they can, the chimistry factor is something that stats alone can't explain.

Maybe Habs management can identify who from Tartar or Gallagher have chemistry with Danault and keep a duo chemistry for some positive results but the fact remains that breaking chemistry will not work at the end.

Gallagher has had chemistry not just with Danault but also with Desharnais, Plekanec, Eller, Galchenyuk. Is it conceivable that he might have chemistry with Suzuki and/or Kotkaniemi?

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Gallagher has had chemistry not just with Danault but also with Desharnais, Plekanec, Eller, Galchenyuk. Is it conceivable that he might have chemistry with Suzuki and/or Kotkaniemi?
Gallagher is the best forward Habs have for half a decade. Period. But breaking a trio that have chemistry is saying Gallagher will find a chemistry elsewhere when Tatar and Danault will become like orphans elsewhere. A coach will have to work very hard trying to create another chemistry with his trios that include Drouin, Armia, Lehkonen, Byron and Domi. It's a tough job you should agree.

Anyway, one way or another, MB needs to sign a W or make a trade to get a strong one.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Gallagher is the best forward Habs have for half a decade. Period. But breaking a trio that have chemistry is saying Gallagher will find a chemistry elsewhere when Tatar and Danault will become like orphans elsewhere. A coach will have to work very hard trying to create another chemistry with his trios that include Drouin, Armia, Lehkonen, Byron and Domi. It's a tough job you should agree.

Anyway, one way or another, MB needs to sign a W or make a trade to get a strong one.

If Danault and Tatar actually need Gallagher then they're not players that the Habs should keep.

I'm also not sure it's true. I was satisfied with what I saw of the Lehkonen-Danault-Byron line in the playoffs.

Reactions: tooji and Runner77

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Their numbers would be about the same with Suzuki as their center. I love Suzuki and his potential, don't get me wrong but Su is not at the level of PLD with Columbus and PLD isn't at the level of Crosby, McCinnon, Bergeron, McJesus and Draisatle.

Let's say they would produce more offensively, by how much and would it be enough to make the PO easy? And making the PO, where the team go long way in the PO?

Tatar 13th and Gally 20th, is that include the + and - or just the pts?
You're avoiding the point of my post. You said they were not 1st line wingers. I just showed you their numbers indicate they are 1st line wingers. Not elite but very good first liners.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
If Danault and Tatar actually need Gallagher then they're not players that the Habs should keep.

I'm also not sure it's true. I was satisfied with what I saw of the Lehkonen-Danault-Byron line in the playoffs.
Because the Pens were not the Pens they used to be (or they were not ready, they haven't found their pace of the game). I'm not sure on 82 games this line would put up many points because of the lack of shooting of Lehkonen and Danault. They would look nice for avoid other teams to score but that's not enough.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Yes absolutely. I must, I should, and I don't understand why you are asking any of your questions? Are you trying to keep the culture you dislike intact or something?
No my point is that when it comes to the Habs where one comes from is slightly important.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
You're avoiding the point of my post. You said they were not 1st line wingers. I just showed you their numbers indicate they are 1st line wingers. Not elite but very good first liners.
It's hard to debate because there is two seasons. The regular season Tatar looks defenitivly like a true first liner but in the PO he didn't deliver. They are definitivly not elite, just good. Gally is usually a very good winger except last PO he did scored only one goal. I think he was injured. On regular season Drou isn't such a regular point maker but last PO he was our best point maker. Too hard to debate or having a definitive opinion.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

The same argument used to prove Danault "iS a ToP cEntEr" doesnt matter when you say those guys produced elite numbers.

Reactions: Runner77

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
How good do you suspect Gallagher might do with Kotkaniemi and/or Suzuki?

I think Gallagher is somewhat peaked right now, unsure if Im ready to say he still has better days ahead of him.

From what Ive seen this year, hes slowed down considerably and he somehow decided to change his play style.

Lets say hes the same player he was in the past 200-300 games, Id see him hitting 35/30 easily.

ProMath

Dec 13, 2010
The big question is will he put up 40 points with Lehkonen, Byron or Armia as linemates. Danault doesn't think so. He said as much in the presser.

He simply said his usage will be keys in his next contract. That is a linemate are important.

I expect any decent nhler to say the samething... I really don’t get the overreaction of some around here...

It’s like some think are player are die hard fan of theirs club.

If he produce 35-40 pts with lesser winger (my goal by the way would be to find a better winger so we keep 3 balanced line)...5m is perfectly fine for a strong defensive C.

Habs can afford that (Domi or Danault btw 5-6,5) while KK and Suzi are on ELC or bridge. If we sign him long term...we can deal him later.

If they think he won’t sign and we aren’t in a playoff position next deadline...simply deal him

Reactions: dralaf

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He simply said his usage will be keys in his next contract. That is a linemate are important.

I expect any decent nhler to say the samething... I really don’t get the overreaction of some around here...

It’s like some think are player are die hard fan of theirs club.

If he produce 35-40 pts with lesser winger (my goal by the way would be to find a better winger so we keep 3 balanced line)...5m is perfectly fine for a strong defensive C.

Habs can afford that (Domi or Danault btw 5-6,5) while KK and Suzi are on ELC or bridge. If we sign him long term...we can deal him later.

If they think he won’t sign and we aren’t in a playoff position next deadline...simply deal him
I expect any NHLer to know his value, Danault thinks hes better than what he is.

Reactions: Habs178

ProMath

Dec 13, 2010
I expect any NHLer to know his value, Danault thinks hes better than what he is.

Please show me any comparable with similar production who are paid 3-4M (UFA contract).

If you come back with the argument: Well it’s easy he had the best winger.

Yet, Habs are bad...and there is plenty other worse team with a lack of quality center...even on those team...you wont find what you’re looking for...weird isn’t ?

Reactions: dralaf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad