Player Discussion Phillip Danault - The Centermania Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Please show me any comparable with similar production who are paid 3-4M (UFA contract).

If you come back with the argument: Well it’s easy he had the best winger.

Yet, Habs are bad...and there is plenty other worse team with a lack of quality center...even on those team...you wont find what you’re looking for...weird isn’t ?
He wants 6m+

His comparables are 3.5-5.

He wants top line ice and mates

Hes a low end 2C

Reactions: McGees

ProMath

Dec 13, 2010
He wants 6m+.

His comparables are 3.5-5.

He wants top line ice and mates

Hes a low end 2C

1. Speculation... The only comparable he has over 6M is Kevin Hayes... I doubt it will help him...there is plenty other comparable between 5 and 6.5. Again show me a comparable...40pts center strong defensively paid 3.5 on his ufa contract...If you want a favour..I already looked...you won’t find one...guess why ? It doesn’t exist...no idea why you can’t accept that.

Most of them are slightly better goal scorer...so this won’t help Danault getting the highest salary vs his comparable.

2. He said his linemate mater. Again...this is normal. Not long ago there were debate here that Gallagher was a third line winger on a contender...weird how thing change...

Tatar was almost a cap dumb not so long ago...yet you speak like both of them are top quality. They simply have a nice chemistry...Habs need better winger...Danault winger aren’t the problem. If Drouin was doing well...we wouldn’t have this discussion. If we acquire a top winger and he play with Suzuki...I dont think Danault will complain.

3. Yes we all agree on that...that why he will get paid like a 2C...

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
1. Speculation... The only comparable he has over 6M is Kevin Hayes... I doubt it will help him...there is plenty other comparable between 5 and 6.5. Again show me a comparable...40pts center strong defensively paid 3.5 on his ufa contract...If you want a favour..I already looked...you won’t find one...guess why ? It doesn’t exist...no idea why you can’t accept that.

Lars Eller.

You are assuming that Danault will get 40 points from the 3rd line, as if it already happened.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Most of them are slightly better goal scorer...so this won’t help Danault getting the highest salary vs his comparable.

2. He said his linemate mater. Again...this is normal. Not long ago there were debate here that Gallagher was a third line winger on a contender...weird how thing change...

Tatar was almost a cap dumb not so long ago...yet you speak like both of them are top quality. They simply have a nice chemistry...Habs need better winger...Danault winger aren’t the problem. If Drouin was doing well...we wouldn’t have this discussion. If we acquire a top winger and he play with Suzuki...I dont think Danault will complain.

3. Yes we all agree on that...that why he will get paid like a 2C...
He sees himself as a top line C... he said it himself, in his own words... I dont even know why youre trying to compare him to low end 2Cs, we all know thats what he is.

ProMath

Dec 13, 2010
Lars Eller.

You are assuming that Danault will get 40 points from the 3rd line, as if it already happened.

Sadly for you...when negociation starts...you’re point would hold pretty much zero value.

You are assuming if Eller had the same context he would produce the same...you don’t know that either.

And by the way...when Eller signed his contract...he had a career high of 38 pts. 25-26-27 pts previous 3 seasons... if he keep the same pace...you think he will sign for the same amount on his next contract ?

Please at least make the effort next time...

Reactions: dralaf

ProMath

Dec 13, 2010
In a world where 1Cs are paid 6-12 millions

Jordan Staal
Brock Nelson
David Backes
RNH
Dylan Larkin
Brayden Schen
Kevin Hayes
Derek Stepan

Are all 1C ?

I guess we really have different value of player.

I guess most 2nd line winger in the league are severely overpaid if a low 2C is worth 3.5

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Jordan Staal
Brock Nelson
David Backes
RNH
Dylan Larkin
Brayden Schen
Kevin Hayes
Derek Stepan

Are all 1C ?

I guess we really have different value of player.

I guess most 2nd line winger in the league are severely overpaid if a low 2C is worth 3.5

This is such an useless exchange..

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He simply said his usage will be keys in his next contract. That is a linemate are important.

I expect any decent nhler to say the samething... I really don’t get the overreaction of some around here...

Yeah, so much "overreaction." That's not all the guy said, so much sugarcoating going on in here.

He indicated that how he's going to be deployed is going to impact his decision to extend with the Habs. How is that not significant? He's a UFA after this season.

I'm sure it's a run of the mill statement, that every "decent" NHLer makes. :rolleyes:

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Sadly for you...when negociation starts...you’re point would hold pretty much zero value.

You are assuming if Eller had the same context he would produce the same...you don’t know that either.

I think it safe to expect 50 points with wingers like Tatar and Gallagher from Eller. This season he was on pace for 45 points, after 69 games.

Where the forty points from the 3rd line for Danault are coming from ? I would love to know the logic behind that. It's a random number that you probably can't back up.

And by the way...when Eller signed his contract...he had a career high of 38 pts. 25-26-27 pts previous 3 seasons... if he keep the same pace...you think he will sign for the same amount on his next contract ?

Please at least make the effort next time...

You asked for a 40-point player who signed as a UFA at 3.5M and who is pretty good defensively, that's Eller. They are comparable in talent and stylistically. I made the effort to find the player that you were looking for.

Maybe I missed something or your message was not clear.

ProMath

Dec 13, 2010
Yeah, so much "overreaction." That's not all the guy said, so much sugarcoating going on in here.

He indicated that how he's going to be deployed is going to impact his decision to extend with the Habs. How is that not significant? He's a UFA after this season.

I'm sure it's a run of the mill statement, that every "decent" NHLer makes. :rolleyes:

It’s negotiation... just like 2-3 days after Rumors of trading him start...

I’m not saying it’s the best tactic for Danault... I just don’t put too much weight on those declarations.

At the end of the days... If Danault only want a big payday...he won’t get it from the Habs.
If he want guaranteed he will play top line minute...he won’t get it.

I actually prefer player saying stuff like that than the usual bs line.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It’s negotiation... just like 2-3 days after Rumors of trading him start...

I’m not saying it’s the best tactic for Danault... I just don’t put too much weight on those declarations.

At the end of the days... If Danault only want a big payday...he won’t get it from the Habs.
If he want guaranteed he will play top line minute...he won’t get it.

I actually prefer player saying stuff like that than the usual bs line.

I usually prefer that a player doesn't make those kind of public statements. He threw his teammates under the bus.

He should have done like most other "decent" NHLers and simply have his agent contact the GM and let him know of his ultimatum.

ProMath

Dec 13, 2010
I think it safe to expect 50 points with wingers like Tatar and Gallagher from Eller. This season he was on pace for 45 points, after 69 games.

Where the forty points from the 3rd line for Danault are coming from ? I would love to know the logic behind that. It's a random number that you probably can't back up.

You asked for a 40-point player who signed as a UFA at 3.5M and who is pretty good defensively, that's Eller. They are comparable in talent and stylistically. I made the effort to find the player that you were looking for.

Maybe I missed something or your message was not clear.

I never said Danault would score 40 pts from the third line. Danault is not a 3rd line player.

I used 40 pts to help Mbrp1 find a comparable paid 3.5 Millions averaging 40 pts... there is not...let alone 50 pts.

Concerning Eller...again.. at the time he signed his contract...he was not averaging 40pts... not even close.

He had 27-26-25-38 points the previous 4 seasons
Danault, will have 25-53-47-?? ( we agree 45pts+)
You realize there is a huge difference here ?
One signed for 3.5 Millions to play 3C.
You really think Eller is comparable with those stats ???

Jul 6, 2016
I usually prefer that a player doesn't make those kind of public statements. He threw his teammates under the bus.

He should have done like most other "decent" NHLers and simply have his agent contact the GM and let him know of his ultimatum.

No way.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land

Yes but what he've said have been said. He can't rewind the tape and erase what he said. It was a mistake but because the arguments going here about true #1 c and true #2 c, it created this over reaction here. Some people here will never forget or accept it was a mistake. Behind closed doors and between players and their agents, do you thing everything is politicly correct?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yes but what he've said have been said. He can't rewind the tape and erase what he said. It was a mistake but because the arguments going here about true #1 c and true #2 c, it created this over reaction here. Some people here will never forget or accept it was a mistake. Behind closed doors and between players and their agents, do you thing everything is politicly correct?

If he made a mistake as you say, he can retract his statements as most other reasonable individuals do.

Ask yourself, why was his message public? Who was it intended for, the fans? Not that I can tell, he was really addressing his GM. There are agents to do that job and these kind of statements take place privately.

There is no "overreaction" but a whole lot of sugarcoating going on.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
If he made a mistake as you say, he can retract his statements as most other reasonable individuals do.

Ask yourself, why was his message public? Who was it intended for, the fans? Not that I can tell, he was really addressing his GM. There are agents to do that job and these kind of statements take place privately.

There is no "overreaction" but a whole lot of sugarcoating going on.
He did not call for a press conference to make a public annoncement, he answered a question. An unconfortable question from a journalist. The opposite of a premeditaded act.

I leave to others the semantic debate between overreaction and sugarcoating.

Reactions: dralaf

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He did not call for a press conference to make a public annoncement, he answered a question. An unconfortable question from a journalist. The opposite of a premeditaded act.

I leave to others the semantic debate between overreaction and sugarcoating.

"No comment", is always an option to a question one doesn't like.

Also, the fact of premeditation is irrelevant. We're not looking for intent in a criminal case.

If he did not intend it, then he could have just as easily retracted it. He didn't.

You've already immersed yourself into the debate by defending his actions. All I'm saying is, let your agent do his job. If you said or did something you didn't intend, just retract it.

Reactions: Pickles

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
"No comment", is always an option to a question one doesn't like.

Also, the fact of premeditation is irrelevant. We're not looking for intent in a criminal case.

If he did not intend it, then he could have just as easily retracted it. He didn't.

You've already immersed yourself into the debate by defending his actions. All I'm saying is, let your agent do his job. If you said or did something you didn't intend, just retract it.
Retract is very popular in the years we are living. I'm not a big fan of retracts. Somemone says something that turns out unpopular so he retract. Ok. But the harm is already done. That means he was thinking what he said but he retract for what reason? He wasn't thinking what he said or he is sorry for the harm he've done? I get out a little bit of the Danault topic for a general observation that retract isn't my cup of tea. I think it's little too late to retract and this whole thing get out of proportion.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Retract is very popular in the years we are living. I'm not a big fan of retracts. Somemone says something that turns out unpopular so he retract. Ok. But the harm is already done. That means he was thinking what he said but he retract for what reason? He wasn't thinking what he said or he is sorry for the harm he've done? I get out a little bit of the Danault topic for a general observation that retract isn't my cup of tea. I think it's little too late to retract and this whole thing get out of proportion.

Nothing to do with popularity, has everything to do with doing the right thing. Retraction is not a weakness, it's a means to remedy a mistake. It only casts Danault in a more favorable light.

Again, with an expression of exaggeration with your "out of proportion". If he didn't mean it or if it was a mistake as you suggested, then no harm done to simply say, "I retract that statement and I'll just let my agent handle contractual matters from now on." His message was for Bergevin, not the fans. Let him continue making his case via his agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad