Player Discussion Phillip Danault - Damn-oh ! Edition

During this 2018/2019 season where should be playing Phillip Danault?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Schlemko is a roster player...so is Benn..who cares.
Danault is a checking center, there isn't much there. I'd have rathered another pick.

Well we could still turn Danault into a pick at some point. His value hasn't probably gone down since his trade to Montreal.

Hostile Offer

Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I think it has. They were banking on good potential, that's gone. Everyone knows he's just a checking center.

Meh, I don't think he was considered to have much upside to begin with during the time he was traded. That's why we got him for a bunch of rental depth pieces.

Reactions: cphabs

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Meh, I don't think he was considered to have much upside to begin with during the time he was traded. That's why we got him for a bunch of rental depth pieces.
If you're to read Bergey's comments and some of the posters here...he was quite the interesting prospect.

Hostile Offer

Jun 17, 2017
Finland
If you're to read Bergey's comments and some of the posters here...he was quite the interesting prospect.

Well of course Bergevin is going to praise his new acquisition. The reality is Chicago didn't expect him to be much of a difference maker. They gave him up for roughly two months of Weise and Fleischmann and threw a 2nd rounder in as well, just think about it. Considering that, Danault's turned out just fine with us.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I always thought

Byron Danault Shaw/lehkonen/Armia would be a good third line.

Not surprised they scored today.

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
I dont get the hate for Danault.. He brings it every night , plays with pride and is hard on the forecheck. Hes probably not in the right chair right now but every good team has guys like him that are important to win hockey games.

Solid 25yo 3rd line center on a correct contract and some would rather have a second round pick.. Really??

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Well of course Bergevin is going to praise his new acquisition. The reality is Chicago didn't expect him to be much of a difference maker. They gave him up for roughly two months of Weise and Fleischmann and threw a 2nd rounder in as well, just think about it. Considering that, Danault's turned out just fine with us.
Bergevin was being praised for this trade as an awesome one mate. It really isn't that much of a great trade.

Hostile Offer

Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Bergevin was being praised for this trade as an awesome one mate. It really isn't that much of a great trade.

Well it was terrific value for us. Danault wasn't a stud back then and he's not a stud now but we still definitely got the better end of that deal.

Reactions: Vachon23

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
I dont get the hate for Danault.. He brings it every night , plays with pride and is hard on the forecheck. Hes probably not in the right chair right now but every good team has guys like him that are important to win hockey games.

Solid 25yo 3rd line center on a correct contract and some would rather have a second round pick.. Really??

Id rather have Lars Eller.
He'll get you 10-15 goals and lives for big games, can play a great cycle game. But they had to massively fondle DD and DLR [ II ] , both not with the team anymore. Smh.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co

The problem is that he is being used as a 2C, and its incredibly frustrating seeing a player with sub-par offensive skill being put in a position where he is expected to produce at a top 6 rate.

If he was being used as a 3rd line center, nobody would have problem with him. What people don't like is seeing him continually botching passes, missing the net, taking muffin shots, passing into traffic etc. next to Gallagher on our second line.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Depends entirely on Romanov. Could end up close to a nothing trade.

Still a win even without Romanov.

But yeah he’s the wild card. If he becomes decent it will swing more in our direction. Right now it’s an easy win for me and a win of value. Danault is a young player who came very early in his career which is not some over the hill timeframe. It’s good, he’s not bad. Well see on Romanov I guess.

Reactions: Vachon23 and MrGold

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Still a win even without Romanov.

But yeah he’s the wild card. If he becomes decent it will swing more in our direction. Right now it’s an easy win for me and a win of value. Danault is a young player who came very early in his career which is not some over the hill timeframe. It’s good, he’s not bad. Well see on Romanov I guess.
Not much of a win for me. Pretty meh. I rather have grabbed on to couple of picks and retained Eller.
Getting Danault meant bye bye to Eller.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Nice pass tonight on Byron’s goal.

Danault is a likeable guy, just not talented enough to be a top 6 guy. He’s playing over his head and it shows, but he’s got to since there is nobody else to fill the role. Christ, he’d be the de-facto number one Center if Domi hadn’t emerged from nothingness. He’s a third liner that you can rely on defensively, and who will very very occasionally make a decent offensive play. He’s the modern Brian Skrudland, (not as good defensively but better offensively) which isn’t bad.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal

This. Danault would be and is good when playing on the third line don’t see why we would get rid of him at his age

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Nice pass tonight on Byron’s goal.

Danault is a likeable guy, just not talented enough to be a top 6 guy. He’s playing over his head and it shows, but he’s got to since there is nobody else to fill the role. Christ, he’d be the de-facto number one Center if Domi hadn’t emerged from nothingness. He’s a third liner that you can rely on defensively, and who will very very occasionally make a decent offensive play. He’s the modern Brian Skrudland, (not as good defensively but better offensively) which isn’t bad.

Imo there is another option for the number 2 c spot: i'm ready to see what Kk can do in it.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

There's no hate. Just people saying he's not a 2nd line center.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
There's no hate. Just people saying he's not a 2nd line center.
No there’s clearly hate for danault and a lot of it on this boards comes from replacing my boy Larry for a hometown guy. I get it but danault is a decent player. I mean being a habs fan for so long you learn that what’s done is done and to just move on. Danault is a good 3rd line C and replacing him for picks or prospects is useless this team is NOT doing a full rebuild lol

Hostile Offer

Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Not much of a win for me. Pretty meh. I rather have grabbed on to couple of picks and retained Eller.
Getting Danault meant bye bye to Eller.

Eller has all the tools Danault can only dream of but for us Eller wasn't bringing anything more than Danault brings now. Different types of players but Eller's play in the offensive zone was always very lacklustre, just like Danault's is.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Danault have 19 pts this year Eller 15

Eller never had a 40 pts Danault yes

Don't see why Eller is SOOO better then Danault..
Sure, playing with Radulov, Pacioretty, then Gallagher...

let's see if he gets his 40 pts on the 3rd line, you know, the spot the other guy played for the most part

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I remember a goal that PD scored against the Jets last year and I wish that he would do more of that or a least try and be a bit more creative in the offensive zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad