Player Discussion Phillip Danault - Damn-oh ! Edition

During this 2018/2019 season where should be playing Phillip Danault?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Yeah, typical. "Brings it every night" "plays with pride". Right. I don't see Danault playing with more pride than anyone else. He has his off nights, like everyone.. Why even bring empty statements like that to protect him..

If you don't see that players like Gallagher , Danault , Domi or Weber all bring it every night compared to other players of the team ... well i don't know what to say

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
If you don't see that players like Gallagher , Danault , Domi or Weber all bring it every night compared to other players of the team ... well i don't know what to say

I would say the same of drouin because I believe his passion for the game is hard to match I know that's statements a little controversial on here because he does appear to glide a bit at times but I remember the way hockey people would describe Crosby and say how he would find ways to take a shift off while taking a shift or something along those lines. I'm not comparing drouin to Crosby lol but I'd say he's of the same mold at least in the aspect. Hes just there for a bit but when he gets that burst back he does so much for the offence and he knows that's his biggest contribution though I must say his defensive game is has drastically improved Kid has something special and I think if we're patient well get to see it soon enough. I think there's another gear there and he's really going to Wow all of us

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
1. I don't see any hate towards Danault here. None

2. Yeah, typical. "Brings it every night" "plays with pride". Right. I don't see Danault playing with more pride than anyone else. He has his off nights, like everyone.. Why even bring empty statements like that to protect him..

1. Hating on Danault has been pretty trendy for a good month on HF habs

2. Watching the games and hearing Danault speak yes I would say he does play with pride. He takes his defensive assignment seriously and you will never see him pout or not give 100% effort. He is also french and yes I think he actually is proud to play for the habs as a Quebecer wich is something less common nowadays. Of course I am not in the room and I dont know the guy personally but thats the take I got on him from watching and hearing him.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
This game should be big for his confidence. Hopefully he'll remember it and how he approached the game for a while.

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The only reason why he gets so much hate around here is because of his birthplace... very sad, yet too common.
Hardly...it's because is a 3rd line centre, who gets too much TOI most nights...a 3 goal game does not change that. He is a perfect, 3rd line centre, who can kill penalties. Nothing wrong with that....

Reactions: Goldenhands

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Not really. Not every player can play defensive assignments. Not every player is coachable. Some players float more than others or take shortcuts.

I'm just being realistic, he has some qualities.
I agree with that poster, the vast majority of players give it their all every night. I think “effort” is probably the most misunderstood aspect of players.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I agree with that poster, the vast majority of players give it their all every night. I think “effort” is probably the most misunderstood aspect of players.

I said:

"plays with pride" is very subjective and vague. I do think he does show effort every game though. He's coachable, takes some checking assignments and his effort level is there.

He responded saying 99% of players do this and now you agree.

99% of players are coachable, take defensive checking assignments and aren't floaters?

By no means am I suggesting it's an elite category but nah...not everyone can do this well.

It doesn't include Danault chips in offense as well.

So yeah, you're focused on effort portion but he replied to entire post of mine saying 99% of players do it. That's just not true.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Don't think I will ever criticize this player for work ethic.

He's a good piece to have as a complimentary player. He's a professional, does his job, comes to play, plays where coach asks him. I know a lot of players do this but Danault is no different. He's a low maintenance player who provides obvious benefits. He's far from untouchable but for now he's very useful to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->