OT: Philadelphia Phillies: We Still Have A Guy Named MacPhail In The Front Office...

Status
Not open for further replies.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
I was just reminded that they had snipers on the roof of Fulton County Stadium the night he set the record because he had gotten death threats and they were worried someone was going to try to assassinate him. Unf***ingbelievable how evil and stupid seemingly "normal" people can be.
And yet some people still got onto the field and rounded the bases with him.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
glad he's back, that's a bit pricey but hopefully they can have fans at least at some point during the season.

would expect them to land a SS real soon now that JT is signed. still need to work on that pen though and hope that Howard is legit

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
For the first time since 2013, no one was inducted into the Hall this year.

Bonds, Schilling and Clemens have 1 year left.

Reactions: Rebels57

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
For the first time since 2013, no one was inducted into the Hall this year.

Bonds, Schilling and Clemens have 1 year left.

Schilling came out with an emo bitch drama statement(or just regular Schilling stuff)

"I will not participate in the final year of voting. I am requesting to be removed from the ballot. I'll defer to the veterans committee and men whose opinions actually matter and who are in a position to actually judge a player," Schilling wrote. "I don't think I'm a hall of famer as I've often stated but if former players think I am then I'll accept that with honor."

Reactions: Cody Webster

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Bonds not in the hall is just as big a crime as Pete Rose (a bigger one in my opinion)

I don't know how I feel about HoF credentials at the best of times - my problems with them are an offshoot of the problems I have with statistics generally - but some of the reasons you assume are keeping these guys out are so petty. Like Schilling, I don't know if his numbers get him in (though I think they do?), but to keep him out because of the stupid political shit he says is just beyond stupid. Have they had a look at the personal conduct of half of the people in there who have statues?

Bonds was a dickhead, and worse, a Pirate, but come on. His hand-eye was stupid awesome.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Bonds not in the hall is just as big a crime as Pete Rose (a bigger one in my opinion)

Meanwhile Piazza and Ivan Rodriguez are in, so is the Commissioner who refused to make testing an issue, and the one that really gets me is Tony LaRussa. Not only did LaRussa time and time again go to the mat for McGwire, he actively tried to ruin Steve Wilstein's writing career because he asked about the bottle of andro in McGwire's locker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad