OT: Philadelphia Phillies: We Still Have A Guy Named MacPhail In The Front Office...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
What’s Preller’s gameplan with all those starters?
They have 5 now.

Gore and company behind them. I think the next trend is to have enough quality starter depth that you can piggyback starters behind one another. SF tried this last year but they didn’t have anywhere near the arms to pull it off successfully.

Reactions: wankstifier

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
They have 5 now.

Gore and company behind them. I think the next trend is to have enough quality starter depth that you can piggyback starters behind one another. SF tried this last year but they didn’t have anywhere near the arms to pull it off successfully.

One of the best rotations that I can remember. Doesn't even include Clevinger. Weird that they let Yates go after investing like that, but they have the arms

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
My final guess is phillies offered 5/100 and he wants what you said.

Final Prediction: 5/110
I don't know how Springer gets that much more than JT. They are the consensus top two guys in some order.

Maybe he doesn't have much leverage being a catcher with a limited market, but that's why I assumed 5 years rather than 6.

Last edited:

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
with corona and all the stuff happening in the world its comical and weird to not sign such a contract.

Its a really strange world. Worldwide people loosing jobs and dont know what is coming the next years, and here were talking 100 millions or 110 millions...

Reactions: Jack Straw

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
We shame the players for holding out for better deals while giving a free pass to the billionaire owners who benefit from this situation. Many of whom cut staff during the pandemic.

These guys get one shot at this. Let’s not shame them for trying to get what they are worth. Not that they need a pity party but they did lose 2/3 of their salary last year.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
There's nothing at all wrong with the nickname "Braves" and it's ridiculous to suggest there is, but I just heard that Dale Murphy said that if Atlanta ever does change the name, they should change it to "Hammers." It's a great idea, especially considering everything he (Hank) went through and everything it would champion.

"Hammers" would be an awesome team name.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad