OT: Philadelphia Phillies: Sometimes Ball Go Boom And Sometimes It Don’t (NL Champs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'm kinda hoping he doesn't start the season in Philly.

Would like to see him on limited pitches in Lehigh, keep working on mechanics, then bring him up after the All-star break and limit his workload.

He's too good to put him in a situation where he overthrows and hurts his arm, there's too much long-term potential there.

If he starts the season in Philly, it'll be hard to keep him from pumping it up, your mind says one thing, but adrenalin takes over. And a 19 year old doesn't need the pressure that comes with that kind of hype.

Reactions: Jack Straw

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008

snoop88

Apr 15, 2012
I love Painter’s potential, but I really don’t understand this push to have a literal 19 year old in the starting rotation on opening day.

He’s the crown jewel, if there’s anyone you want to coddle and be safe with, it’s him. Give him at least half a season in the minors before you call him up.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
I love Painter’s potential, but I really don’t understand this push to have a literal 19 year old in the starting rotation on opening day.

He’s the crown jewel, if there’s anyone you want to coddle and be safe with, it’s him. Give him at least half a season in the minors before you call him up.
I never understood it from the fact that him, Abel, and pretty much every other starting pitching prospect below AAA was pitching once a week.

I think he's better served in the minors pitching every 5 days and getting used to it first.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Meh, they were going to baby him in the bigs anyway. With every team pretty much manipulating service time of prospects, I'm not going to kill the team for pushing an elite prospect. These guys are all pretty much guaranteed to blow out at least once during their careers, so it's not the worst idea to get the innings while they are healthy. Hopefully just a case of overthrowing in February.

It's funny because I was listening to someone the other day that was saying he has the mechanics and build of a guy that will stay healthy which is just an absurd claim for any pitcher. They all are injuries waiting the happen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad