OT: Philadelphia Phillies: Pitchers And Catchers Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Three people didn’t vote Griffey Jr. a few years ago. That’s far bigger of an astonishing act than one guy not voting for Jeter.

And that is why that one guy is my hero.

It’s an abomination that Rivera was unanimous and Jeter missed one vote while Griffey wasn’t even close.

No one should be unanimous if some past players weren’t. Let alone someone like Jeter who might be the most overrated athlete of all time.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Love the fact that Walker got in. These baseball writers are terrible. You have an asshat like Peter Gammons who voted for Walker every year then this year he decides not to vote for him. Did his stats change from previous years?

Probably knew he was getting in so he voted for someone else instead.

Van Buren Boy

--------------------
Aug 18, 2006

It’s an abomination that Rivera was unanimous and Jeter missed one vote while Griffey wasn’t even close.

No one should be unanimous if some past players weren’t. Let alone someone like Jeter who might be the most overrated athlete of all time.

Nolan Ryan and Tom Seaver weren't unanimous yet Rivera was? Jeter entered with a higher % than those two.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

I think it’s stupid for most cases but in this case it’s just hilarious to me.

Is Jeter even a 99.7% voting percentage guy if he played elsewhere than the New York Yankees?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I think it’s stupid for most cases but in this case it’s just hilarious to me.

Is Jeter even a 99.7% voting percentage guy if he played elsewhere than the New York Yankees?
He’s probably not even an 80% guy.

*Unless it takes 80% to get in then, he’s an 80% guy. I was just throwing a number out there.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Nolan Ryan and Tom Seaver weren't unanimous yet Rivera was? Jeter entered with a higher % than those two.

I think you’re seeing older voters who adhere to the unwritten rule of nobody gets in 100% aging out with newer voters who couldn’t care less about that. The steroid guys voting percentages going up is probably a product of that as well.

There was a lot of public blow back when Griffey didn’t get 100%. I guess Rivera somehow was a product of not letting that happen again & voters just not having a real disagreement with him.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Rivera shouldn’t have been the first 100% but that’s on all those dumb voters in the past for going by that unwritten rule.

So now he’s now your first 100% guy instead of Ruth, Aaron, Mays, Ryan, Seaver, etc. Eventually people were going to call bullshit on the logic behind it & not adhere to it.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
between being filthy rich, owner of a baseball team, and banging models left and right i don't think it will play too large of a role in his life.

It shouldn't, right? But it absolutely will. That's why it is so delicious. And BTW, he dated Mariah Carey, who has been trash for about two decades now. You and I could do (and have done) better than that.

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
It shouldn't, right? But it absolutely will. That's why it is so delicious. And BTW, he dated Mariah Carey, who has been trash for about two decades now. You and I could do (and have done) better than that.

speaking of hook ups. I have to thank HFBoards for getting me laid. Saw a woman with a Le Habitant jersey on and said " I bet your favorite player is Saku Koivu" ( Koivu is a god in Montreal) She was like poutine in my hand.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
larry walker's home away splits are quite dramatic. 200 ops difference? that has to be the highest among any hof.

Speaking of home away splits, looking at Aaron judge one must think
the yankees play in coors field east or there are some trashcans getting beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad