OT: Philadelphia Phillies: Pitchers And Catchers Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
Grain of salt, because it's been long enough that some photoshoppers could have had some fun, but this doesn't look like confetti:

EObkbE9WkAIhoL8

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
hey @Halladay I saw that. :p

Seems like a good explanation to me, but to be clear, i was being sarcastic. I dont even know who these people are.
I messed up. I had it backwards. But it still would make sense why theirs would be on the right shoulder and Reddick the lefty would be on the reverse. This is all quite nuts.

Reactions: Starat327

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Does it really matter if Riddick was specifically cheating? Like they’re likely not going to do anything to him or the others anyway.

Him & every other player on that team knew what was going on regardless if they participated or not but realistically there’s nothing you can do on that front punishment wise.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
BTW if anyone is curious as to why it's obvious that Jackson in fact was not innocent, there's a lot of research done on the play by play of that Series. Jackson is considered one of the greatest fielding left fielders of all time. The Reds hit three triples to left field in the series. Teams don't hit 3 triples to left field in 162 games let alone 8. He was 100% dogging it in the field.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Dunno if that Mike Trout HGH thing is true, but it is bull#### how around 4.5% of regular people are on Adderall for ADHD, but like 10% or more of baseball players are on it.

its amphetamines. Which baseball players used to call greenies and pop them for decades. There is a ton of dirty stuff in the history of the sport.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Dunno if that Mike Trout HGH thing is true, but it is bull#### how around 4.5% of regular people are on Adderall for ADHD, but like 10% or more of baseball players are on it.

its amphetamines. Which baseball players used to call greenies and pop them for decades. There is a ton of dirty stuff in the history of the sport.
Say it with me. Drugs are not cheating like the astros are cheating. Drugs are hardly cheating at all.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Say it with me. Drugs are not cheating like the astros are cheating. Drugs are hardly cheating at all.

Mike Clevinger’s been pretty vocal about the whole situation on twitter. Not in regards to Trout but rather comparing the issues in the steroid scandals to this with fans on there.

He said he much prefer facing a roided up Sammy Sosa over guys who are electronically being tipped off every pitch.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Mike Clevinger’s been pretty vocal about the whole situation on twitter. Not in regards to Trout but rather comparing the issues in the steroid scandals to this with fans on there.

He said he much prefer facing a roided up Sammy Sosa over guys who are electronically being tipped off every pitch.
Wow, shocking. Almost like steroids likely made minimal difference, let alone moderate

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
The chances that a team could have both the highest walk rate and lowest strikeout rate in the league without a competitive advantage seems unlikely. They had the lowest K-rate in 2017 and 2019 and had the second lowest in 2018.

They went from a K-rate of 23.4 in 2016 to 17.3 in 2017.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad