OT: Philadelphia Phillies: Pitchers And Catchers Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Astros Players Cheated. Baseball Wanted Answers. So They Made a Deal.

Manfred justified that decision by saying it would have been “difficult and impractical” to punish players, given that virtually all of them had knowledge of or were involved in the operation to use technology to illicitly obtain and relay opposing catchers’ signals.

But there is a simpler explanation for why no players were penalized: The league and the MLB Players Association struck an agreement early in the process that granted immunity in exchange for honest testimony, according to several people familiar with the matter.

The deal is a sign of MLB’s desire for a speedy and conflict-free investigation, the continuing power of the baseball players’ union and the fragile state of the sport’s labor relations. The promise of amnesty allowed the league to interview 23 current and former Astros players during the two-month investigation.

Manfred, you loser.

Here we'll give you amnesty if you rat out your manager (aka no one will care about) and you all get to keep your cooshy job's and paychecks that were enhanced by your discretions and we'll hope this all goes away.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Astros Players Cheated. Baseball Wanted Answers. So They Made a Deal.

Manfred, you loser.

Here we'll give you amnesty if you rat out your manager (aka no one will care about) and you all get to keep your cooshy job's and paychecks that were enhanced by your discretions and we'll hope this all goes away.

This World is so wrong. My parents educated me to never lie. To be good human. Treat everyone like you want them to treat you. Now with 38 years in this world i don´t believe any of this believes that my parents gave me on my way.

This world is all about looking for your own right. Search for Money, Force, Influence and you need to go over dead bodies to accomplish your goals.

If i would ever start my life new, i would do anything different than i have done it in my life.

Cheaters, Rapist, Murder and other always win in our World.

I hate this World!

just my two cents!

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
This World is so wrong. My parents educated me to never lie. To be good human. Treat everyone like you want them to treat you. Now with 38 years in this world i don´t believe any of this believes that my parents gave me on my way.

This world is all about looking for your own right. Search for Money, Force, Influence and you need to go over dead bodies to accomplish your goals.

If i would ever start my life new, i would do anything different than i have done it in my life.

Cheaters, Rapist, Murder and other always win in our World.

I hate this World!

just my two cents!
sadly, people imitate what they see on tv, in the movies and are influenced by idiots posing as smart people on the news. not all people, but enough to be concerning.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Luckily from what I understand, they're just fashion hats.

There's a cheesesteak on the back of the Phillies hat too.

It's better than the Cowboys Phillies hat.

thumb.aspx

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
larry walker's home away splits are quite dramatic. 200 ops difference? that has to be the highest among any hof.

Speaking of home away splits, looking at Aaron judge one must think
the yankees play in coors field east or there are some trashcans getting beat.

Without looking I'm guessing Chuck Klein's were in that range. They are actually very similar players. Walker was a legit player before going to Colorado though.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
That’s all they can really do unless they are willing to go over the luxury tax. Sign a bunch of veterans to minor league deals and see what happens in Spring Training. 26 man rosters this year so likely an extra bat they can carry as an NL team.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad