GDT: R1:G3 | New York Islanders vs Carolina Hurricanes | April 25th | 7:30 PM | F/3-2 L

Green

Nov 13, 2019
This isnt just a roster failure, either. What youre watching is an organizational failure from top to bottom. Anyone with a pulse knew this roster needed to be gutted last summer. And here we are. The wheels are off and they are getting embarrassed for the hockey world to watch. I dont see how lou survives this either. Which isnt much.. because this roster is disgusting from top to bottom. In what world should bortuzzo be on the ice? I could go on but it doesnt matter.
They needed to be gutted at the trade deadline last year, as soon as brainless Lou made the idiotic Horvat trade I knew the franchise was f***ed, and you don't trade a guy like Mayfield who teams were salivating over because of a lack of Dmen, instead you give him an 8 year deal

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
bortuzzo, martin, fasching, holmstrom, wahlstrom, ishakovwhatever, these are not NHL players. Cizikas? On the first line? Might as mell as kulemin to come back from retirement. What a bunch of morons we have running the show folks.

• Haha
Reactions: ck26

IslandersGER

Dec 29, 2015
Deutschland
Barzal is not a franchise player. We have none or we have half a dozen. What we have is too much so-called identity players, old bags like Martin, Lee, Cizikas. Horvat and sometimes Nelson are better players than Barzal on his off days. Dobson is the real mvp in this team.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
bortuzzo, martin, fasching, holmstrom, wahlstrom, ishakovwhatever, these are not NHL players. Cizikas? On the first line? Might as mell as kulemin to come back from retirement. What a bunch of morons we have running the show folks.
Holmstrom is ok, Fasching as a 4th liner isn’t terrible

But yeah way too much dead weight

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Can't say that at all with his one game in the NHL played.

The others? Yeah, either very depth players or not NHL players at all.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

I wouldn't even call him a "moron," there's just ONE guy "running the show."

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
What made that work is EXACTLY what Butch said

He COULD have stayed open to the side of the net. But instead he slid into a better spot instead of just standing still

Reactions: SI90

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad