OT: Philadelphia Phillies: Pitchers And Catchers Soon

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Flyers' started by Hollywood Couturier, Jan 15, 2020.

  1. Phillyfan28 Registered User

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2013
    Messages:
    422
    Likes Received:
    62
    Trophy Points:
    51
    SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Curious to see how this shakes out.

    I listened to a webinar with Cubs owner via my school and he talked in decent detail about how they’re responding. Apparently 70% of MLB revenue is gate/concessions/etc, so by playing without fans for a reduced schedule, they’re looking at how much of the remaining 30% they can recover (~15-20%). Given recent comments by Snell and Bryce, I could easily see no resolution coming and the season being lost.
     
  2. Hollywood Couturier Shakira Stan

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2007
    Messages:
    45,971
    Likes Received:
    38,331
    Trophy Points:
    205
    SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Location:
    South Jersey
    Inside Roy Halladay's struggle with pain, addiction

    My body isn't ready for this E:60. Roy will always have a special place in my heart.
     
    Last edited: May 27, 2020 at 9:35 PM
    SnS and Chinatown88 like this.
  3. DancingPanther May the four winds blow you safely home

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2018
    Messages:
    7,661
    Likes Received:
    15,336
    Trophy Points:
    101
    SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Gender:
    Male
  4. Chinatown88 Pursue what is meaningful (not what is expedient)

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2012
    Messages:
    9,334
    Likes Received:
    13,736
    Trophy Points:
    126
    SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    United States
  5. trostol By Grabthar's hammer... what a savings.

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2012
    Messages:
    5,517
    Likes Received:
    3,259
    Trophy Points:
    126
    SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Location:
    Philadelphia
    baseball is in right mess now
     
  6. renberg Registered User

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2003
    Messages:
    2,869
    Likes Received:
    1,196
    Trophy Points:
    184
    SB Cash:
    $ 1,200,000
    Location:
    Lewes Delaware
    Home Page:
    Boris can be a PITA but he's correct on this one. The owners are doing things to pad their accounts. IE-cutting the size of the draft; cutting down on the number of minor league teams and now looking for ways to reduce the salaries of the players. Some very short sighted things going down here by ownership. These things don't grow the game.
     

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
monitoring_string = "358c248ada348a047a4b9bb27a146148"