OT: Philadelphia Phillies: Pitchers And Catchers Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So if the Astros have to play in front of empty stadiums this season, does Manfred rethink their "punishment" since the biggest thing was having to deal with the public?

Just thinking out loud.

Reactions: Rebels57

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
The Phillies just signed one of the top international prospects in the 2019-20 class, Venezuelan center fielder Yhoswar Garcia. They were supposed to sign him earlier but he was suspended as it turns out he is 2 years older then he said he was.
When is the last time this team signed a hyped international prospect?

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Why haven't the Phillies ever attempted to sign Cuban and posted Japanese players?

I don’t think they neglect it. They’re just not appealing for whatever reason. They were a finalist with that one Cuban power hitter (forget his name) that ultimately went to Arizona a few years ago for example. They got that one Cuban pitcher (forget his name too) that absolutely sucked but was a big name at the time his signing too.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I don’t think they neglect it. They’re just not appealing for whatever reason. They were a finalist with that one Cuban power hitter (forget his name) that ultimately went to Arizona a few years ago for example. They got that one Cuban pitcher (forget his name too) that absolutely sucked but was a big name at the time his signing too.
Whoa, I just looked up the Cuban guy because I couldn't remember his name (Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez). He died a few years back apparently in a car accident! Yikes.

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
phils are wasting the prime of harper and others. pitching staff is a joke; how this wasn't addressed is mind boggling.

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
Wasting primes is Phillies tradition going back to the 19th century.
no excuse with a billionaire owner right now. before they were just cheap bastards and a piss poorly run organization.
pointless to sign harper if not going to try to win.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
so yeah...Phils might wanna think of getting JT signed..because he is getting a years service no matter what

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Reactions: FLYguy3911

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Sucks for the players. Junior Colleges are going to be loaded next year though. Haven't read the articles yet but I'm sure there is a cap on undrafted players. If not the Phillies better clean up.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Sources: Astros bans end in '20 even if no games

YOU'VE GOT TO BE f***ING KIDDING ME.

Former Houston Astros manager AJ Hinch and ex-Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow will fulfill their one-season suspensions for the team's sign-stealing scandal even if no baseball is played in 2020, sources told ESPN's Buster Olney on Thursday.

Hinch and Luhnow were given the one-year bans and subsequently fired in January following an investigation by Major League Baseball that confirmed the Astros had cheated by using a camera-based sign-stealing system during the regular season and playoffs of their World Series-winning 2017 season and during part of the 2018 regular season.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
went as planned by the league! great suspension. We are showing our children how you win in this world! Good role models all over the planet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad