OT: Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): Senior Citizens Bank Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
MLB Draft is tonight. I don't really know a single thing about the draft or it's prospects so I probably won't pay attention to it but we do have the 7th pick so hopefully we get a player that can help us sometime in the future.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
every mock i've seen has us selected nola a 6 foot 1 rhp. Many scouts think he is the first starter that can make it to the big leagues but may have reliever in his future. i much rather go with almost anyone else.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Thank god I didn't buy the baseball package for direct tv this year.

This team is awful

I worked from home on Wednesday. Watched the game.

Look up, we are losing. Go back to work disgruntled. Look up again, we are losing harder. OK, more disgruntled. Look up again, we are losing hardest. My gruntle was ruined.

Every damned time I get to watch this team they pile into a dumpster and light themselves on fire.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
Cubs go off the board lol. Love it. Phillies may get Gordon yet.

Can't even allow myself to dream that Jackson makes it to the Phillies.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
Mariners take Jackson. Phillies on the clock. Here comes the low ceiling, high floor selection.

The Phillies continue to be too mediocre to make the playoffs OR get an impact draft selection. They seriously need to sell and rebuild.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
God forbid anybody in the organization is an exceptional player. With the #7 pick you should have a stud somewhere. This guy is poor mans Cole Hamels.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
He's a safe, solid player who will pitch in the big leagues for a long time. I hate putting a ceiling on a guy till you see them against any professional talent, but I bet most scouts would say a 3, maybe a 2 is his ceiling.

I don't mind the pick honestly considering the circumstances. It's not sexy but it's probably the best they could have done there at #7 with the way things went from what I'm seeing here.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
I don't mind the pick honestly considering the circumstances. It's not sexy but it's probably the best they could have done there at #7 with the way things went from what I'm seeing here.

I don't mind the pick. What I was lamenting is the fact that we are right on the cusp of being bad enough to get a difference maker, but management keeps us at that precise level of mediocrity because of some desire to let Utley, Lee, Papelbon, etc age themselves into retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille