OT: Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): Senior Citizens Bank Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Burnett would make the rotation less pathetic for sure. He'd probably give you a good start 3 out of every 5 starts or something like that.

Probably add close to 5-7 wins because they would probably be in more close games with him then Kendrick/Carmona

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Orioles are "all in" for Burnett, so I guess they are being the most aggressive. There are still good pitchers out there though. its not like Burnett is the only name. Amaro seems content with his rag tag group after Lee/Hamels.

MAG is the wild card, if this kid comes and can be a decent #3, everybody falls in line.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
Orioles are "all in" for Burnett, so I guess they are being the most aggressive. There are still good pitchers out there though. its not like Burnett is the only name. Amaro seems content with his rag tag group after Lee/Hamels.

MAG is the wild card, if this kid comes and can be a decent #3, everybody falls in line.

Sign Burnett, trade Lee/Burnett to the Orioles later.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'd cry out of laughter.

I'll tell you another thing, if we're going to get the band back together, we need David Bell in red pinstripes ASAP.

David Bell. :laugh:

I remember they had a real murderer's row with him, Lieberthal, & the pitcher's spot at the back of the batting order that used to drive the fans wild here the one year.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Bring back Joe Table.

The part about this team possible sucking this year, is the hope that they bring back the fan clubs up in the nose-bleeds. That was my favorite thing about the Phillies back when they sucked.

The Wolf Pack
The Padilla Flotilla
Giambi's Zombies
Person's People
The Duck Pond
Mesa's Faces
Myers' Buyers (not sure if this one was real or one that my friends and I just joked about)

Are there any I am forgetting?

Stonehands77

Jul 8, 2002
Waltham, MA
You want scary? Jerry Crasnick's recent interview with Amaro was terrifying. From http://philliesnation.com/archives/2014/01/amaros-comments-to-espn-turn-some-heads/, some choice quotes:

I believe in my instinctive ability to put together a winning and a championship club. I will always believe that.
Ok, just one choice quote. Really Ruben? Your "instinctive ability"?!?! What, exactly, did you win? You came close once, then your teams have faded.

Apparently he is as delusional as he appears to be. Sign me up for the Wolf Pack and Padilla's Flotilla. This is gonna' be a long season. :(

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
20140131-060319.jpg

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
You want scary? Jerry Crasnick's recent interview with Amaro was terrifying.

Ok, just one choice quote. Really Ruben? Your "instinctive ability"?!?! What, exactly, did you win? You came close once, then your teams have faded.

Apparently he is as delusional as he appears to be. Sign me up for the Wolf Pack and Padilla's Flotilla. This is gonna' be a long season. :(

The scary part is not only does he believe that but the higher ups probably do as well.

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
Bring back Joe Table.

The part about this team possible sucking this year, is the hope that they bring back the fan clubs up in the nose-bleeds. That was my favorite thing about the Phillies back when they sucked.

The Wolf Pack
The Padilla Flotilla
Giambi's Zombies
Person's People
The Duck Pond
Mesa's Faces
Myers' Buyers (not sure if this one was real or one that my friends and I just joked about)

Are there any I am forgetting?
Milwood's Militia
Is Randy Wolfe still out there? Or Robert Person, the last Phillies pitcher to hit a grand slam.

Was at that game. He also hit a 3 run shot.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Milwood's Militia.

Nice. Also, any confirmation on whether or not Myers' Buyers was real or just something I imagined? I seem to recall people wearing suits and having briefcases, but this also may have just been something I wanted to do with my friends...

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
Nice. Also, any confirmation on whether or not Myers' Buyers was real or just something I imagined? I seem to recall people wearing suits and having briefcases, but this also may have just been something I wanted to do with my friends...

I'm not going to definitively say "no," because I'm sure there were some group ideas that showed up for a game or two and fizzled out, but I don't remember Myers Buyers. Plus, I don't know what security's protocol was for briefcases back then.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
This year is going to suck.

First time in a long time that I haven't been excited going into the season. Even back in the mid 2000's I always looked forward to the season because they had young talent that you could watch grow (Utley, Howard, Hamels [starting in 2006], etc.).

Now, it's just a decrepit lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad