OT: Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): 2017 Season Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I saw Hoskins would bat and turned it on just for him. Not disappointed.

So much for just hitting gimme fastballs. Wasn't even a bad change. Was low and out of the zone and he had to one knee it practically.

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
Honestly it seems like there are more young, talented hitters on the ML roster now than there are at any of the affiliates, which is nice for a change. This offseason might be a good time to use the system's depth to bolster the starting rotation for next year.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
I don't follow baseball all that much, was always a sport I enjoyed playing more than I enjoyed watching or following, so I would say that my ability to evaluate players is fairly rudimentary; is Rhys Hoskins legit? Does he have the potential to be a superstar player or is this more of an anomaly/flash in the pan situation?

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I don't follow baseball all that much, was always a sport I enjoyed playing more than I enjoyed watching or following, so I would say that my ability to evaluate players is fairly rudimentary; is Rhys Hoskins legit? Does he have the potential to be a superstar player or is this more of an anomaly/flash in the pan situation?

He has a real nice swing and a good approach at the plate. Unlike say, Dom Brown, who had a hole in his swing big enough to drive a truck through.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Potential to be a superstar hitter but first baseman by nature don't provide a lot of value defensively or on the bases so he's not going to be Mike Trout or anything.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hoskins struggled for one month at Williamsport, then hit at every level, home and away, the next three years. He's been underrated b/c he's a RH 1B and a 5th rd pick out of college.

He's not going to maintain this pace, but yes, he's for real, he's going to be at the center of the lineup well into the next decade.

As he's shown in LF, he's a better athlete than expected, he could actually be a credible LF with an offseason to work on routes and picking up the ball off the bat, but 1B is his future given the OFs in the system (though Derrick Hall might change that if he rises rapidly next season).

CoutseysCorner92

Jul 19, 2010
Hernandez 2B
Kingery 3B
Herrera CF
Hoskins 1B
Williams LF
Altherr RF
Galvis SS
Alfaro C

Herrera CF
Kingery 2B
Altherr RF
Hoskins 1B
Williams LF
Franco 3B
Galvis SS
Alfaro C

are both good looking opening day 2018 lineups! Expecting one of Franco, Cesar, Freddy to be traded. Would be nice to land a top of the rotation starter

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Hernandez 2B
Kingery 3B
Herrera CF
Hoskins 1B
Williams LF
Altherr RF
Galvis SS
Alfaro C

Herrera CF
Kingery 2B
Altherr RF
Hoskins 1B
Williams LF
Franco 3B
Galvis SS
Alfaro C

are both good looking opening day 2018 lineups! Expecting one of Franco, Cesar, Freddy to be traded. Would be nice to land a top of the rotation starter

You forgot Bryce Harper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad