OT: Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): 2017 Season Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It's a real operation, just bad luck like Morton last year, shredding his hamstring running to 1B.
Crap happens.

Eflin is someone to watch, now that he has two good knees, he may add some velocity since he can push off with his legs. I figured he was going to come up in July when they traded Hellickson/Buchholz, that timetable has been accelerated.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
I like this team so far despite their record. Having 12 of their first 15 games against the Mets/Nats is a real tough break...but theyve played them hard and have been in pretty much every game.

Hopefully they play this way against mediocre teams...then they should start seeing some wins.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
whoever did the schedule for the Phillies this year certainly did them no favors to start the year. it has been brutal for the Phillies. they really need series wins against the braves and Marlins because after that they are at the Dodgers, at the cubs, and then get Nats for the 3rd time this year. not sure any other team in the league has a harder start to the year, it's absolutely brutal. hard to get string together some wins playing teams over .500 every night. if they can get out of this stretch even slightly below .500 i would consider it a win. team hasn't looked awful despite the record though. hard to really gauge fairly when you're against such strong competition every night.

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
They have an even run differential, so the 5-9 record could be a little misleading. I know, they had that one game where they blew out the Nats, but they also had a similar loss to the Mets.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Alfaro is a beast, just smoked a triple to RF, just before that Crawford hit one to the warning track. Appel getting roughed up a bit early on.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Alfaro is a beast, just smoked a triple to RF, just before that Crawford hit one to the warning track. Appel getting roughed up a bit early on.

I hope hes up soon. Rupps great as a back up but hes pretty weak as a starter.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Tommy Joseph just swung at 3 straight sliders and I don't think he came within a foot of any of them.

Eickhoff has another good start with no run support.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Something needs to be done about the back-end of the bullpen. This is a joke.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Herrera is not playing in the dirt again and 2nd base is one of the strongest positions in the organization. I don't think Williams turns out as good as Herrera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad