OT: Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): 2013 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Oh I know but it's also a mind set. There is no way Amaro could possibly think that his additions of of the Youngs, Revere and Adams was enough to turn a .500 team into a playoff team. Bottom line is he didn't do enough and I'm not saying he didn't try to do more but IMO you wouldn't see that from Holmgren.

I also think the addition of Lannan as your 5, as well as the full season (hypothetically) return of Howard and Utley were factored in as well. Also, for whatever reason, he thought Delmon Young was a gamechanger. WHY.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
I also think the addition of Lannan as your 5, as well as the full season (hypothetically) return of Howard and Utley were factored in as well. Also, for whatever reason, he thought Delmon Young was a gamechanger. WHY.

In all fairness he probably assumed that Doc would return to normal or at least be OK too. Howard and Utley did really help the team out when they returned from their injuries last season so I understand that as well but as you said I really can't understand why he thought so highly of Delmon Young. As far as adding Lannan is concerned, I never really liked the idea. Why sign a guy that the Phils have historically beat the crap out off and who wasn't good enough to stay on the Nationals roster last season. I'm just saying they're a rival so how can you expect to be the better team when you have a guy who couldn't cut it on their roster?

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
In all fairness he probably assumed that Doc would return to normal or at least be OK too. Howard and Utley did really help the team out when they returned from their injuries last season so I understand that as well but as you said I really can't understand why he thought so highly of Delmon Young. As far as adding Lannan is concerned, I never really liked the idea. Why sign a guy that the Phils have historically beat the crap out off and who wasn't good enough to stay on the Nationals roster last season. I'm just saying they're a rival so how can you expect to be the better team when you have a guy who couldn't cut it on their roster?

I thought Lannan had been pitching well this year. For a #5 guy, I didn't mind him.

Kyle Kendrick has really made me happy this year though.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
How 'bout these suspensions coming? I'm sick of it. If sports leagues want to be serious about eliminating PEDs, they have to hit the players with stricter penalties. I know that it would never happen for a number of reasons, but I think it should be one strike and you are out. If that were the case, you can bet the number of guys doping would decrease.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
I really think they have some of the worst scouting in the league, too. They sign crappy players and then when we play against teams, we are constantly hammered by their worst players. I think at least once a series, there's some scrub that knocks our pitchers all over the place. Every part about this management sucks.

As for the suspensions, after all the *****ing Braun did after his MVP year about how he was wrongly accused, he should be banned for life. What a dick.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I really think they have some of the worst scouting in the league, too. They sign crappy players and then when we play against teams, we are constantly hammered by their worst players. I think at least once a series, there's some scrub that knocks our pitchers all over the place. Every part about this management sucks.

As for the suspensions, after all the *****ing Braun did after his MVP year about how he was wrongly accused, he should be banned for life. What a dick.

Can't stand Braun. Not even a little bit.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

If his original suspension wasn't overturned they would have grounds to ban him for life, which sucks that it was overturned. Not many players in sports I dislike more.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
Braun had a better year the next year, after all the steroid stuff, so he was under a microscope. So i tend to believe him.

We don't know how long he's been taking them. He was caught this time because of a doctor's list of patients, not through testing. Obviously, MLB testing isn't that great if 20 players were able to go under the radar with PEDs.

I guess they are to busy testing for Aderall :rolleyes:

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
What just happened to the ump? Was out of my seat getting a beer and came back And he's on the ground and we've been waiting for like 15 mins

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
I don't know if they should ban people after their first offense but definitely after their second. And I totally agree, Braun is a huge d-bag (not that I really know him but I just don't like him).

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
.500 baseball, Win for Cole

We+did+it.+Because+Stephen+Colbert+is+50+thousand+times_eda923_3860544.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad