OT: Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): 2013 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
For all the HRs Dom has hit lately, that one might have come on the most impressive at-bat. Fouled some pitches off and took a couple to stay alive, then drilled a hanger.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
For all the HRs Dom has hit lately, that one might have come on the most impressive at-bat. Fouled some pitches off and took a couple to stay alive, then drilled a hanger.

Did exactly what every hitter should. He recognized that they weren't going to throw him a fastball so he waited on the breaking ball. Well done :handclap:

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
It's not like he's doing this out of nowhere. This was the player he was predicted to be for years in the minors. He was among the top prospects in the league. I don't think he will be hitting homers every game, but I think he will be damn good and we will have one star of the caliber category of Utley, Rollins, and Howard. They obviously need more, but having this guy is at least one thing to look forward to.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/...a-phillies-prepared-to-be-traded-again-060313

Cliff Lee is preparing to be traded again it seems. Unless the Phillies really turn their season around and become a legit contender, it seems they will move him.

Two teams according the the article that will be extremely interested are the Rangers and Baltimore. I have no clue who these teams top prospects are but hopefully if he is moved, they grab a couple. I know the Rangers have Profar actually, but would they include him in a deal for Lee? I'm not too sure.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/...a-phillies-prepared-to-be-traded-again-060313

Cliff Lee is preparing to be traded again it seems. Unless the Phillies really turn their season around and become a legit contender, it seems they will move him.

Two teams according the the article that will be extremely interested are the Rangers and Baltimore. I have no clue who these teams top prospects are but hopefully if he is moved, they grab a couple. I know the Rangers have Profar actually, but would they include him in a deal for Lee? I'm not too sure.

Baltimore has Bundy and Gausman two studs. Schoop's Ok too as a secondary piece.

Texas has a lot of high ceiling prospects. I'm not as high on Olt as others are (plus we have some good looking 3B prospects in the system already). Profar is a dream, but with the way he's playing it's highly unlikely he's moved for a 36 year old pitcher.

Hopefully for our sake, it's a buyers market and we can muster up one of those top prospects this organization desperately needs.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Really sucks that we'll probably be sellers again. Say what you will about Paul but the Flyers would never miss the playoffs in back to back years. Amaro and Charlie need to go cause this lineup is definitely under-performing. I realize some of these guys have gotten old and have some injury issues but I still don't believe they are as far gone as their numbers indicate.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So with this new "steroid" info coming out and the MLB's attempt to suspend players in a "2 for 1" type of manner, Braun should be banned for life (if his first suspension wasn't revoked for a stupid ass reason).

JWEKD

Apr 9, 2013
Mayberry with the game winning granny. This team is going to do just enough to keep everyone and suck again next year.

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
Words cannot describe how bad Bob Davidson is. How he still has a job I'll never know. Yes, I understand the MLB umpire's union is quite strong, and he's a veteran ump, but if you screw up often enough with enough obvious evidence, even as a veteran ump you can get canned, it just doesn't happen that often. And Bob's got quite the history.

Anywho, good to see JMJ take matters into his own hands to make this a bit of a non-issue, even when Tony Bad-start-relief-o tried his best to do the opposite.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Really sucks that we'll probably be sellers again. Say what you will about Paul but the Flyers would never miss the playoffs in back to back years. Amaro and Charlie need to go cause this lineup is definitely under-performing. I realize some of these guys have gotten old and have some injury issues but I still don't believe they are as far gone as their numbers indicate.

It's a hell of a lot easier to make the playoffs in hockey.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Hell of win! Mayberry coming up HUGE.

Also, here's the terrible call
revere.gif

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Granted my phone makes the gif jumpy, but that's normal for the umps to let a player pull himself off the base early to protect himself

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Granted my phone makes the gif jumpy, but that's normal for the umps to let a player pull himself off the base early to protect himself
The ump claimed Revere wrapped his arms around Dietrich's legs and called the runner at first out for it.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
It's a hell of a lot easier to make the playoffs in hockey.

Oh I know but it's also a mind set. There is no way Amaro could possibly think that his additions of of the Youngs, Revere and Adams was enough to turn a .500 team into a playoff team. Bottom line is he didn't do enough and I'm not saying he didn't try to do more but IMO you wouldn't see that from Holmgren.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad