OT: Philadelphia Phillies: 2019 Offseason #FireSZN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Marvin Miller and Ted Simmons elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame. Simmons was (and maybe still is) a Philadelphia Eagles fan and used to wear an Eagles t-shirt underneath his uniform.

Was hoping that Dick Allen got voted in. He has a MVP and is like top 65 all-time WAR for hitters. Top 60 if you take out active players of today.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Philadelphia-Phillies-New-Nike-Jersey-2020.jpg

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Off the top of my head I don’t think Nike in other sports does that either. I think pretty much all of the have the logo on the chest.
I mean, there isn't any other place for it to go on a basketball jersey. It just looks so out of place on a baseball jersey, I guess since it's a new thing

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I mean, there isn't any other place for it to go on a basketball jersey. It just looks so out of place on a baseball jersey, I guess since it's a new thing

They do football (NFL & NCAA) & hockey (NCAA & IIHF) as well though where it’s on the chest plate too. It’s there for their NCAA baseball programs too.

So I’m guessing it’s a marketing requirement from Nike’s end to have it in the most visible place possible on their jerseys.

Reactions: Cody Webster

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
My guess:
They sign Gregorius and another non top tier starter. That will put them at, or a smidge over, the luxury tax. If Cutch can stay healthy, this will give them a pretty solid lineup. The rotation should also be improved.

A lot of money will come off the books after the upcoming season so I can see them going after an impact free agent or two next winter.

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
My guess:
They sign Gregorius and another non top tier starter. That will put them at, or a smidge over, the luxury tax. If Cutch can stay healthy, this will give them a pretty solid lineup. The rotation should also be improved.

A lot of money will come off the books after the upcoming season so I can see them going after an impact free agent or two next winter.
thanks for the input; what non top tier starter would you suggest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad