OT: Philadelphia Phillies: 2019 Offseason #FireSZN

Status
Not open for further replies.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Four picks, suspensions for the management, and $5 million is a hefty penalty.
I only halfway agree
I think vacating the title-making them take down their banners-is not only a far worse punishment but could be a pretty damn good deterrent going forward also.
Vacating a World Series is just stupid and has no impact.
I totally disagree
I think that would be far more penal than fining a billionaire several times over a handful of millions and stripping a very good team of a handful of lotto tickets in the form of draft picks.

Reactions: DrinkFightFlyers

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
DFA'd Odubel

83281394_10163109176800492_1540620604619620352_o.jpg

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Picking signs is gamesmanship. Using technology to steal signs is explicitly prohibited and is cheating. Your opinion is bad.
Why? I am not saying it is ok or not cheating. I am not saying they should not be punished. I am saying they shouldn't be banned for life.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
You got the Pats in the NFL that always get caught cheating but in baseball it doesn’t really seem to be one team in particular & their incidents seem to be higher than the other leagues.

Was it like St. Louis (or were they the team that was on the other end?) where they like hacked into another teams scouting report database & emails or something along those lines? :laugh:

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
You got the Pats in the NFL that always get caught cheating but in baseball it doesn’t really seem to be one team in particular & their incidents seem to be higher than the other leagues.

Was it like St. Louis (or were they the team that was on the other end?) where they like hacked into another teams scouting report database & emails or something along those lines? :laugh:
Yeah, they hacked the Astros and Luhnow's database.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Bauer accuses them of using some concoction other than like your normal pine tar or whatever to increase their spin rate.
Yeah I believe they are teetering along some line. Verlander is going on 37 and is performing in the opposite direction the aging curve suggests. Cole nearly doubling his strikeout rate. It’s why I would have been hesitant to give him that big deal.

I think a lot of these teams that are consistently good and unfinding unheralded players and turning them into plus contributors are probably up to something. The Dodgers and Brewers have been accused. I mean that Twins squad breaking the HR record? Who could have seen that coming?

Unfortunately it seems the Phillies are once again behind the trends lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad